Manic Street Preachers - Motorcycle Emptiness

facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
edited January 2007 in Other Music
Say what you will about the Manics nowadays, but Motorcycle Emptiness is a fucking masterpiece. Amazing guitar work, thoughtful lyrics and a brilliant vocal performance - I swear I could listen to this song on repeat for hours. Anyone else a fan?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    A massive fan of the song and richey-era manics in general. I do think they lost it when he disappeared though. There's a bunch of tracks on generation terrorists that are great, Spectators of suicide, stay beautiful, slash n burn and obviously motorcycle emptiness.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Yeah I know what you mean, I enjoyed some of Everything must go, but everything after that has been a bit boring really. James Dean Bradfield has such an amazing voice, I hope they come out with another good album of more rocking stuff.
  • parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    Anyone else a fan?

Not a fan, but I quite like them...are they still around? Still want to see them live 1 time...
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    parel jam wrote:
    Not a fan, but I quite like them...are they still around? Still want to see them live 1 time...
    I'm the same. I saw them at a festival a couple of years ago. They were absolutely brilliant. I'd love to see them at their own gig.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • bayleafbayleaf Posts: 128
    Motorcycle Emptiness is, to me atleast, one of the best songs ever written. I am not that familiar with there other work, but one thing for sure is that Motorcycle Emptiness is as you put it a masterpiece.
    ~*~*~*~*~*OFFICIAL KIWI JAMMER No 6*~*~*~*~*~
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    bayleaf wrote:
    Motorcycle Emptiness is, to me atleast, one of the best songs ever written. I am not that familiar with there other work, but one thing for sure is that Motorcycle Emptiness is as you put it a masterpiece.

Check out The Holy Bible album there's 13 masterpieces on that one.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Check out The Holy Bible album there's 13 masterpieces on that one.

Hell yeah, that album is incredible too.
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    Say waht you will about the Manics nowadays, but Motorcycle Emptiness is a fucking masterpiece. Amazing guitar work, thoughtful lyrics and a brilliant vocal performance - I swear I could listen to this song on repeat for hours. Anyone else a fan?
    agree with all you say bout that song, but the rest of generation terrorists I found unlistenable.

apart from the holy bible I thought that Lipstick Traces had some good stuff. why did they never release songs such as Forever Delayed?
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    A Design For Life is a great song (hope that is what is called), from watching so many England festivals, that song was always shown on the highlights. From that, I really love that song. I have never picked up an album though
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    smarchee wrote:
    A Design For Life is a great song (hope that is what is called), from watching so many England festivals, that song was always shown on the highlights. From that, I really love that song. I have never picked up an album though

Again go buy The Holy Bible.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • this is my second fave

you love us is my fave
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • MJSB74MJSB74 Posts: 75
    Again go buy The Holy Bible.

Listen to the man, Its a monster of a record. An absolute masterpiece. And Motorcycle Emptiness? Well if you havent heard it you really should......