STP play come back gig!

facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
edited April 2008 in Other Music
The newly reunited Stone Temple Pilots played an intimate gig filled with their greatest hits at the Harry Houdini Estate in Los Angeles tonight (April 7).

Original members Scott Weiland, guitarist Dean DeLeo, bassist Robert DeLeo and drummer Eric Kretz performed for a largely industry crowd to launch the 65-city tour they announced last week.

Looking dapper in a dark three-piece suit and tie, Weiland quipped, "None of us will wax poetically, we'll just bash each other with guitars and mic stands."

The band, who originally formed in 1992, kicked off their set with 'Big Empty' and segued into the classic 'Plush', one of their biggest hits.

Earlier in the evening, contortionists kept the crowd entertained underneath a colourful tent on the Houdini Estate. Weiland explained that the band chose to hold the event there because they had come to the secluded Hollywood Hills mansion in the early 1990s with director Gus Van Sant to film a video and fell in love with the place.

"We're back together and we're going on tour this summer," Weiland said before announcing that Stone Temple Pilots are set to play a date at the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles on June 24.

The band left the stage after just six songs, and the enthusiastic crowd chanted "STP" until they re-emerged. "It's just a hand job tonight," Weiland quipped before giving the crowd one final song, 'Trippin On A Hole In A Paper Heart'.

Stone Temple Pilots played:

'Big Empty'
'Plush'
'Vasoline'
'Lady Picture Show'
'Big Bang Baby'
'Interstate Love Song'
'Trippin On A Hole In A Paper Heart'

Here's Big Empty - complete with a really annoying bitch talking over the top of it :( http://youtube.com/watch?v=3_1SYJuSZKs
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• haha

"He's like...making love to that guitarrrr"

Except for the first 2 songs, that's my kinda setlist for sure...looove Tiny Music.
  • That bitch really needs to be slapped.
  • butterfly1butterfly1 Posts: 372
    I wonder what she would say if she found out she was all over on YT being annoying.
  • maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    LOL -> "Tonight's only a handjob"

Oh that crazy Scott Weiland.........
    My lips are shaking.......
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    That set list puts Pearl Jam to shame.
  • muppet wrote:

that's the same setlist they have been playing since 2000

if you had been to more than one of their shows you wouldn't think it was so great.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,275
    what's the over/under that weiland finds himself in some kind of drug infussed mess before the 65 dates are thru i say around the 37 show mark ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    muppet wrote:

Shame on you!
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    That bitch really needs to be slapped.

:D:D:D:)
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    that's the same setlist they have been playing since 2000

if you had been to more than one of their shows you wouldn't think it was so great.

I was joking. I know it was just a little show to start off with, but would it have killed them to play over 40 mins, never mind doing a greatest hits setlist?
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Mikeo wrote:

Still sounding awesome! They really had better get their arses over to Europe for some shows this year.
  • what's the over/under that weiland finds himself in some kind of drug infussed mess before the 65 dates are thru i say around the 37 show mark ....

Scotts no rookie. Im looking at it like this, he is in a drug infussed mess now, he just bailed on a tour. So is the fact that the Deleos are not addicts going to make it less hectic for Scott. Yes
    Probably the whole tour and an album, the Deleos prob have the music allready wrote.
    Its after that when Scott cant deal with it.I guess he looks back and says wow. Im a fucking idiot.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Trippin On a hole.... http://youtube.com/watch?v=GgXZDXdjGEg

I think it's the same silly bitch who says "what's this song"! It sickens me that someone who's clearly not a fan of the band gets to go and see them at a private show - not fair!