No Iha for Pumpkins :(

facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
edited April 2007 in Other Music
http://www.nme.com/news/the-smashing-pumpkins/27583

shame.

ok ignore me, just noticed there was another thread on this.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    i didn't see the first thread ;p

oh my god

thats so lame :(

Having watched and heard many bootlegs, James has always been so funny, but more importantly im concerned when he says

and working on my indie label Scratchie Records," he said.

Indie :S
  • RaybeesRaybees Posts: 40
    Incredibly lame and, to be honest, i think it's cheating fans into believing it's a reunited Pumpkins when it's basically Zwan playing Pumpkins songs.
    Q"What's your favourite Beatles album?"
    A"The Best of the Beatles."
  • hodgehodge Posts: 519
    band members are replaceable
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • RaybeesRaybees Posts: 40
    True, and if The Fall can do it, its good enough for me.
    Q"What's your favourite Beatles album?"
    A"The Best of the Beatles."
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Raybees wrote:
    Incredibly lame and, to be honest, i think it's cheating fans into believing it's a reunited Pumpkins when it's basically Zwan playing Pumpkins songs.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't there like 3 other members in Zwan? In which case, Billy and Jimmy playing together is no more Zwan than it is Pumpkins. And as far as cheating people, everybody knows Billy is and always has been the chief song writer in the band, all he really needs is Jimmy's drumming and his guitars to make a Pumpkins record. As cool as the others were, they were not irreplacable.
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    As cool as the others were, they were not irreplacable.
    Yup.

I'm still waiting until Zeitgeist comes out before I believe this. He sure took his time telling the world, and with the recent April Fool's joke, I wouldn't be surprised if this was an attempt to shake off fanboys.
  • sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,034
    danny72688 wrote:
    Yup.

I'm still waiting until Zeitgeist comes out before I believe this. He sure took his time telling the world, and with the recent April Fool's joke, I wouldn't be surprised if this was an attempt to shake off fanboys.

What was the April fools joke? I must have missed that.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    What was the April fools joke? I must have missed that.
    They released five short clips of songs from Zeitgeist on http://www.thepumpkins.net, but the clips were fakes along with the featured album artwork.
  • danny72688 wrote:
    Yup.

I hope so, I love James :(
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I posted this yesterday, but you guys may want to see this again if you are bummed or on the fence about going to the reunion.

the line up may not be the same, but it hasn't been the same since Darcy bowed out, and, Chamberlain was kicked out for an album and tour, but later was invited back after amends were made. The die hard pumpkin fans will buy tickets regardless, as will the casual fan who doesn't know the history of the band member line up. You are going to see your favorite band play together once again. The second today, cherub rock, 1979,... and more start getting played, an amazing exciting feeling will surge through you. The shows are going to SELL OUT no matter who is in the band,and will give a younger generation of fans the opportunity to see the Pumpkins if they never have before, because of being too young, parents wouldn't take you... whatever. Corgan finally realized what his fans have always known: Pumpkins are greatness... so they are back. Even if the album bombs, the shows will more than make up for it for die hard pumpkins fans.
    Just for an example: One of my favorite bands the Toadies get together for some shows every now and then, and they only have two original members. Clark did record 2 studio albums, and the live albums so I'm not sure weather to count him as an official member. The line up was different, but the band was tight, and once Vaden launched into the songs it was an amazing show 2 years in a row. I had a blast. The pumpkin shows will be the same way. You have a chance to hear the classic songs again, just as I did with the Toadies, so take advantage of it.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Some friends of mine were singed to James's label and they were treated like total shit. The label gave them barely any money for recording costs and teamed them up with a recording engineer who couldn't pro-tool his way out of a paper bag...so the band had to pay for recording costs themselves and record material themselves at home, which took quite a few months. Then when the album finally came out, Scratchie put it out of print after only a few weeks because it "wasn't good enough" and wasn't selling a ton of copies. This is after they gave the band no money to record and gave them zero promotion. All the label business was done by businessmen, and when the band really needed James's help, he was nowhere to be found. This is the way Iha treats his good friends. I find it amusing that he's taking time off to concentrate on a shitty record label that he doesn't even run.
  • darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    The Pumpkins have Billy Corgan and Jimmy Chamberlin already...THEY DON'T NEED ANYONE ELSE!!! Just go listen to Siamese Dream and you'll see my point.
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • Corgan's higher power is the almighty dollar.
  • Corgan's higher power is the almighty dollar.

???????
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • If this was just Zwan all over again, Corgan would have said that it's a Zwan reunion not a Pumpkins one. The two bands, while having two of the same members are and will be totally different.
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • sasojsasoj Posts: 239
    gona miss james...
    but life goes on
    i love rock chicks