So I saw half of Led Zeppelin last night!

facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
edited June 2008 in Other Music
Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones joined the Foo Fighters onstage at Wembley Stadium for a couple of songs, they played Rock And Roll with Taylor Hawkins on vocals and Dave Grohl on drums, then they switched places and Dave sang Ramble On! The show was incredible, some of the best crowd sing-alongs I've heard - particularly Best Of You at the end.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Funnily enough so did I :p:D

The stadium really held the sound in for the sing alongs they were awesome!

Where were you? I was front row kind of in front of where Zane was.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Chime wrote:
    Funnily enough so did I :p:D

The stadium really held the sound in for the sing alongs they were awesome!

Where were you? I was front row kind of in front of where Zane was.

Where was Zane?! I just kept hearing his voice! I was against the barrier, but right down by the mixing desk. What a show it was though - I know some people will moan about the sound echoing about, but the atmosphere was INCREDIBLE!
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,853
    Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones joined the Foo Fighters onstage at Wembley Stadium for a couple of songs, they played Rock And Roll with Taylor Hawkins on vocals and Dave Grohl on drums, then they switched places and Dave sang Ramble On! The show was incredible, some of the best crowd sing-alongs I've heard - particularly Best Of You at the end.

that must have been pretty fucking sweet right there
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    that must have been pretty fucking sweet right there

It really was! I've seen the Foos countless times over the years, and in my view they never put on a bad show, but this one just tipped it over the edge! I don't know how they could ever be better than they were last night, and the Zeppelin songs were just the icing on the cake.
    Where was Zane?! I just kept hearing his voice! I was against the barrier, but right down by the mixing desk. What a show it was though - I know some people will moan about the sound echoing about, but the atmosphere was INCREDIBLE!

Zane was on the right hand corner of the stage. After yesterday I actually like him a lot more. He was having such fun. Singing along to everything he played and chatting to all of us who were near him.

The sound where I was was pretty good ... and yeah the atmosphere was great. Quite a lot of people near me got pulled out but no way I was leaving when I knew Zep were coming up.

Dave was so emotional as well ... for Zep and also at the end just looking out at the crowd.
    Chime wrote:
    Zane was on the right hand corner of the stage. After yesterday I actually like him a lot more. He was having such fun. Singing along to everything he played and chatting to all of us who were near him.

Yeah he seems cool, he just always comes across as an over-enthusiastic fanboy when he's interviewking people on tv, but he's obviously very passionate about music. Plus he played some Soundgarden inbetween bands, so he's cool in my book!
    Chime wrote:
    The sound where I was was pretty good ... and yeah the atmosphere was great. Quite a lot of people near me got pulled out but no way I was leaving when I knew Zep were coming up.

Dave was so emotional as well ... for Zep and also at the end just looking out at the crowd.

Yeah it reminded me of Ed at Reading when he was getting all teary eyed, it must be a pretty unreal feeling having all those people singing their hearts out to your songs.
  • binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    Dave sang Ramble on? Holy chit!!!!!!!!!! Just heard watched it on youtube. Dam he kicked ass!!!!!!
    Dave sang Ramble on? Holy chit!!!!!!!!!! Just heard watched it on youtube. Dam he kicked ass!!!!!!

It really did!

I've not looked at the youtube footage but after Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones left the stage Dave said 'welcome to the best day of my life' :D
  • binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    Chime wrote:
    It really did!

I've not looked at the youtube footage but after Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones left the stage Dave said 'welcome to the best day of my life' :D

Few different vids out there on youtube. Dam, Dave f'n ROCKED THAT CHIT!!!

Can't wait to see them next month. OHHH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    Was an ace show, although the view was kinda rubbish from the front. I was just to the left of Zane on the barrier on Friday but the lights/cameras/people got in the way of the view way too much for much liking. Hung back a bit on Saturday and went to the tier 1 seating for the latter portion of both shows and the view was simply amazing. The lighting is awesome in a way that can't really be appreciated whilst being on the pitch. Can't wait for the DVD, just gonna watch the 2 Led Zepp songs over and over and over.
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
    fowls wrote:
    Was an ace show, although the view was kinda rubbish from the front. I was just to the left of Zane on the barrier on Friday but the lights/cameras/people got in the way of the view way too much for much liking. Hung back a bit on Saturday and went to the tier 1 seating for the latter portion of both shows and the view was simply amazing. The lighting is awesome in a way that can't really be appreciated whilst being on the pitch. Can't wait for the DVD, just gonna watch the 2 Led Zepp songs over and over and over.

I hope we don't have to wait too long for the dvd, they are definitely doing one right?
    I hope we don't have to wait too long for the dvd, they are definitely doing one right?
    Yep, they're showing the footage at a selection of Vue cinemas on June 24th. Tickets available from Monday on ticketmaster.

They've apparently recorded every show from the last 6 months, so don't know how they're gonna arrange the next DVD. Maybe as a boxset (doubtful since they hardly ever change the setlist much), but probably like Everywhere But Home with one main gig and then the odd song here and there from other gigs. Wembley will obviously be the main focus though.
    Paul
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    may I say that I love Dave Grohl?

:D
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    fowls wrote:
    Yep, they're showing the footage at a selection of Vue cinemas on June 24th. Tickets available from Monday on ticketmaster.

They've apparently recorded every show from the last 6 months, so don't know how they're gonna arrange the next DVD. Maybe as a boxset (doubtful since they hardly ever change the setlist much), but probably like Everywhere But Home with one main gig and then the odd song here and there from other gigs. Wembley will obviously be the main focus though.

Awesome!
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,276
    damm that must of been great lucky fans .........
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    fowls wrote:

Dams :( I'll be at Radiohead.
  • dave grolschdave grolsch Posts: 730
    what a incredible night saturday was,seen the foo fighters loads of times but nothing like that!!! just hope the video captures the audience energy.
    i,m sure everybody that didnt go has heard the led zep crack but just wait to you all see the triangle solo LMFAO
    Chime wrote:
    Dams :( I'll be at Radiohead.
    Me too!

The triangle was funny the first time, but knowing they've done that every show since the new album came out kinda kills the spontaneity/funniness of it all. :(
    Paul
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    that was awesome.. i hope they release some HQ recordings or something. i could not believe being on stage with some of the originators of some real rock n roll. page can still shred too.. i am surprised his body has not absorbed a guitar and made it an extra appendage by now.
  • TerryibleTerryible Posts: 462
    Friday was the worst concert I have ever been to.
    Rotating stage was complete bullshit, I don't expect to pay £56 to have a sit behind the stage and to see fuck all.

Don’t get me wrong, from all accounts the foos put on a good show, its just I couldn’t see or hear anything.
    26/02/1998 Wellington, 09/09/2006 Marseille, 16/09/2006 Verona
    23/09/2006 Berlin, 30/09/2006 Athens, 18/07/2007 London
    02/07/2009 Honolulu (EV Solo), 22/11/2009, Sydney, 29/11/2009 Christchurch
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    minus foo fighters you have a great night :D
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • TerryibleTerryible Posts: 462
    Exactly, I don’t think I’ll be going to a Wembley show again
    26/02/1998 Wellington, 09/09/2006 Marseille, 16/09/2006 Verona
    23/09/2006 Berlin, 30/09/2006 Athens, 18/07/2007 London
    02/07/2009 Honolulu (EV Solo), 22/11/2009, Sydney, 29/11/2009 Christchurch
  • Way way cool
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
    There is a review here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/music/newsid_7442000/7442390.stm

I don't know if those outside the UK can listen to the radio player on the bbc website but tonight from 7pm (it's currently 11.30am in the UK) there will be highlights on Zane Lowe's show ... which hopefully will include the Led Zep songs

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/events/foofighters2008.shtml
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Chime wrote:
    There is a review here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/music/newsid_7442000/7442390.stm

I don't know if those outside the UK can listen to the radio player on the bbc website but tonight from 7pm (it's currently 11.30am in the UK) there will be highlights on Zane Lowe's show ... which hopefully will include the Led Zep songs

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/events/foofighters2008.shtml
    awww chime, now I get it... looks like a fantastic night :) congrats, bet you're still excited :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    awww chime, now I get it... looks like a fantastic night :) congrats, bet you're still excited :D

Yep I am :D

I think we were pretty sure it was happening as people had heard them sound checking the day before so not a complete surprise. Knew with the show being the biggest headline show they've played they would pull something out the bag (couple of times I've seen them they have had Brian May and Roger Taylor play with them) but yeah totally awesome. Dave and Taylor looked like excited kids :D
  • didnt catch the foos this time even tho they played 20 mins away from my house in manchester

but i think seeing led zeppelin at the 02 back in december more than makes up for that :P
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Cool!

Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson from Rush joined the drummer on stage in Toronto to play YYZ by Rush on this tour.
    You've changed your place in this world!