Ben Harper In Tahoe

nside20nside20 Posts: 29
edited August 2006 in Other Music
Anyone else go to this show? Am I getting old or was this the lamest crowd Ever!!! Or, am I out of touch and the new protocal for going to a show is pushing your way down in front to talk on your cell phone all night?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• blackngoldblackngold Posts: 264
    nside20 wrote:
    Anyone else go to this show? Am I getting old or was this the lamest crowd Ever!!! Or, am I out of touch and the new protocal for going to a show is pushing your way down in front to talk on your cell phone all night?

damn...you mean BH has been taken over by fratboy/sorostitutes? i was afraid this might happen. people on their cell phones during shows is absurd to me. if you are on the receiving end of a call you cant hear anything besides muffled noise anyway. whats the point?
    well i'm hoping BH's show at Merriweather on Sept 10 isnt full of cell phone waving, abersnobby wearing dbags.
  • nside20nside20 Posts: 29
    I honestly think it was a lot more a representation of people in the Tahoe area then it was of Ben's fan base. Even with all the trust fund brat's pushing and shoving the show was really tight and the sound was great however, I will never see a show there again.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    I saw Ben Harper last wednesday at the Santa Barbara Bowl and I can easily say it was the worst crowd I have ever seen at a show. Dumb drunk girls pushing their way to the front, the whole time arguing over who likes him more. Every pause between songs, or even in songs, was filled with "I love you Ben!". I even saw a black girl force her way to the front and tell the girl in front of me that she didn't deserve to be so close "because she was white". I've never seen anything like it. I've had a more enjoyable time standing up front at Tool and Rage shows. Overall, however, the music from both BHIC and Damian Marley was great.