Options

Gotta say The Red Hot Chili Peppers

2»

Comments

• Options
    brainofPjBbrainofPjB Posts: 57
    I just turned off SNL and I thought their preformance tonight was horrid. I don't think Anthony sang one word, his voice was way off, especially on high notes. Something wrong with their sound, too, but it sounded more like a technical problem than something with the band playing. But that preformance sounded bad, it almost makes me not want to go see them live. I'm still looking forward to Tuesday though.
    What?!? No, We can't stop here, this is bat country.
  • Options
    PJOceans11PJOceans11 Posts: 135
    Man, it didn't really matter if they played a new one they rocked the fuck out. They were so into it and I thought that was really really cool.

amen to this, fuck all you that say give it away didnt deliver...the end rocked my face off.

just appreciate good rock n roll. thats all
    9-1-00, 9-2-00, 4-28-03, 5-3-03, 7-1-03, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-5-03, 7-6-03, 7-8-03, 7-9-03, 7-12-03, 10-1-04, 9-30-05, 10-1-05, 10-3-05, 5-13-06, 5-27-06, 5-28-06, 6-1-06, 6-3-06, 6-19-08, 6-20-08, 6-24-08 and 6-25-08.
  • Options
    waves roll inwaves roll in Posts: 159
    PJOceans11 wrote:
    amen to this, fuck all you that say give it away didnt deliver...the end rocked my face off.

just appreciate good rock n roll. thats all

Thank you I really dislike when people analyze and pinpoint everything that's "wrong" or whatever I just love when a band puts their heart and soul into what they are doing and clearly to me they did that.
  • Options
    KertokovichKertokovich Posts: 193
    You have to give credence to longevity. You dont make it this long if you dont have something special. I remember the chili peppers back when I had no fucking clue about current rock and by current I mean I was a sohpmore in high school or something when I first heard of them. I never listened and that is what I mean about having no fucking clue about current rock. Back in 1998 I personally was very educated about the first/possibly second generation of rock music. My dad was a huge rock fan so I grew up listening to all the rock that blossomed from 1966 thru 1979.

The fact that RHCP and PEarl Jam, although a bit different genres of rock, are still around and kicking ass, despite what you think about the peppers song selection tonignt, is evidence of their talent and greatness.

Me, I am a Pearl Jam guy, but I love and respect the chili peppers at this point in my life and give them the respect they deserve.

Hopefully we are on the doorsteps to an era like the late eighties and more so the early nineties where there was a sense of change/rebeillion from what is now and was then, the present state of our world.

I hope something happens, because I feel now, is a much more turbulent state both nationally and even more so worldly.

Ok so off track there, but the music I am feeling over the least couple of weeks seem more than just good music but maybe the start of something more.
    Can't You Feel This World, With Your Heart and Not Your Brain
    Nov. 1993 OKC
    Sept. 1995 Austin
    July 1998 Kansas City
    Oct. 2000 Dallas
    June 2003 Dallas
  • Options
    kidapollokidapollo Posts: 75
    John Frusciante is a fucking guitar god. He killed the solos on that new track. Laid the studio to rest. Killed it. And then set down the guitar and stormed off stage. Fucking brilliant.
    I MET SIR MIKE F'N McCREADY!!!!!!!!
    (Added to my sig as per SENROCK'S suggestion)

"No time to be void, or save up on life ... you got to spend it all."

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member #0020

Last Exit: Pittsburgh
    Next Stop: ???
  • Options
    Frusciante is the greatest living rock guitarist. You gotta be heard to be the best.
  • Options
    hugepjfanhugepjfan Posts: 110
    He is very good, but he's no mccready or slash with velvet revolver.
    HugePJFan
    "...You try it, I give you the room, you try..."
  • Options
    JoshiJoshi Posts: 4
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    kidapollo wrote:
    John Frusciante is a fucking guitar god. He killed the solos on that new track. Laid the studio to rest. Killed it. And then set down the guitar and stormed off stage. Fucking brilliant.

He set down the guitar and stormed off stage because he was pissed his guitar effects didn't work right.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    Frusciante is the greatest living rock guitarist.

I think they were very good, but the solos on Give it Away seemed out of place. They just didn't seem to match the song at all, IMHO.
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    I'll never challenge Flea, Chad, or John, it's just that Anthony is always disapointing live. Call it hating, but it's a fact, he sounds like a muffled Elmer Fudd who hits no recognizable notes. Before you mention that rock is not about a perfect voice (no shit), it should be about honest transition from studio to stage. What I mean is: many of their songs sound rather polished on record, and although his voice was never "perfect", I wonder how many hours and how many effects are used to achieve the recorded product. I've never heard him sing it the same way, or even close. This is a fact, and it's a fucking shame. Whoever said they had the "spirit" of rock on SNL was right, and it was refreshing to see them and PJ for example teach this generations "kiddies" what rock should be, but that new song sucked ass, and why would you play give it away from a 2-disc album? It's like they were saying, yeah all our new shit it terrible, but we want you to know that when we play live and Elmer Fudd sings, we'll still do "give it away", dont worry.
    "The one's who love us best, are the one's we'll lay to rest. Visit their graves on holidays, at best. The one's who love us least, are the one's we'll die to please..." The Replacements

www.first-avenue.com