Rolling Stones!!

satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
edited February 2006 in Other Music
Did anyone see the rolling stones on super bowl sunday?????? kieth richards looked like he was about 80m years old, i hope eddie never looks like that on stage.....I want major replies about this.....philly '06, PLEASE
*Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
DC- 2006, 2008
New York- 2008, 2010
Boston - Fenway 2016
New Jersey- 2006
Chicago - 2007
Seattle- 2005
EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• the Stones rock!!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    that half time show was fn sad...

then again i never really was a big rolling stones fan...

but jesus, that was unbearable...

(btw, YES.. philly 06 WILL happen :D )
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Not too bad. I hope I look like that (well maybe not) and rock like that at 60+! :) I just hope if I am alive, that I still have the want to rock like they do. Not their best, but still pretty damn good.
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • I dig the Stones, but...I was embarassed when Mick was shaking his hips at the start, it just wasn't right you know, it looked odd. Add that to the fact they sounded like shit, and you got a spectacle, I blame the sound techs though...At least they didn't lip sync, I'll give'em some cred there. They should have played Sympathy
    I can get you a toe by three o'clock...
  • RiotAct10RiotAct10 Ohio Posts: 1,606
    i guess i didnt think it was that bad. It was the first show ive seen maybe ever, that made me wishing theyd play another song, as opposed to wishing they didnt play any songs like i usualy feel. I would take the stones with messed up sound over janet jackson anyday.
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    Commenting on the actions taken by the NFL/ABC during the Rolling Stones' Super Bowl XL Half Time Show, a spokesperson for band said today, "The Rolling Stones thought the censorship of their songs by the NFL/ABC was absolutely ridiculous and completely unnecessary."

The above was posted on the Rolling Stones website. I will say they were sounded much better live in Pittsburgh. The sound quality at halftime was just bad.
  • i didn't like their half time show, but they are my absolute favorite band... sorry p. j. - i'm still a huge fan!
    -
    "And I listen for the voice inside my head. Nothing. I'll do this one myself."
  • PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    I have seen the Stones live many,many times. I am pretty sure they have never been known as "tight" live band.

They have always depended on Charlie and Bill (or who ever is playing Bass these days) to keep things together.

That was a typical Stones performance. Not much has changed since the first time I saw them 30+ years ago.

Mick still dances his ass off, Keith still butchers his so called solos and the fans go home happy!
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • I worked for them last summer for a single concert. Never been a big fan but I respect them for what they did and for their talents. But their tour is at 100% for the money, trust me! And when I saw them get out of their car, this was miserable. They look like a bunch of 80 years old sick guys.
    -"it's times like these you have to ask yourself, "what would mike mccready do"
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    Jagger sounded like shit, and that drummer looked like he was gonna keel over and die, sorry I never saw what was so great about the Stones, I like a few of there songs, I'm sure if I grew up in the 60's and 70's I'd really like them, but I've heard way better
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    what is this super bowel you speak of?
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • yielderyielder Posts: 160
    Did anyone see the rolling stones on super bowl sunday?????? kieth richards looked like he was about 80m years old, i hope eddie never looks like that on stage.....I want major replies about this.....philly '06, PLEASE

A little respect for mike's god. Thanks
    Greets Dave
    Antwerp -Belgium- Europe
  • bostonlou wrote:
    what is this super bowel you speak of?

Something to do with steelworkers pooping all over birds. Kind of like some bears did to some patriots in 1986. i'm not quite sure though. i'll check my references.
    "Don't be inspired by bullshit, cause it's out there. It will only inspire you to be a bullshit person yourself and a hollow empty human being and you'll die and leave nothing on the earth except the things that you took away from it." EV - 6/26/03
  • bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    trunkjam wrote:
    Something to do with steelworkers pooping all over birds. Kind of like some bears did to some patriots in 1986. i'm not quite sure though. i'll check my references.

ahhh.... i heard it was more like some ladies with yellow hankies stuck in a big bowl of crap and there were birds stuck in it also... the ladies were able to get out of it with some help from some zebras but it still wasn't pretty

you're really bringing up 1986?? 3 time champs... 1986 is not discussed anymore
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • RockMamaRockMama Deep Creek Lake, MD Posts: 478
    I was very disappointed after seeing them in Pittsburgh. The sound system was awful. I agree with Wolfbear though. After seeing them in Pittsburgh, my goal became to rock like Mick when I'm 63. They were different than when I saw them in 1972, but Pearl Jam is different from 15 years ago too.
    107 total First-Summerfest, Milwaukee '95
    Most recent: 2018 Stadium shows: Seattle 2, Missoula, Fenway 1 and 2; 2022: Oakland 1 and 2
  • bostonlou wrote:

you're really bringing up 1986?? 3 time champs... 1986 is not discussed anymore

all i have to go on lou. well, that and a certain baseball team that enjoyed some drought ending glory that you had become accustomed to.
    "Don't be inspired by bullshit, cause it's out there. It will only inspire you to be a bullshit person yourself and a hollow empty human being and you'll die and leave nothing on the earth except the things that you took away from it." EV - 6/26/03
  • PJ and all other rock bands owe the Stones ALLOT...how about some respect here? Considering the VAST amount of chemical intake by Keith over the years, its amazing he's still alive and playing. And that ancient drummer someone referred to just survived cancer, so....well...again, show some respect.

That said, I really haven't enjoyed the Stones shows since the 80s and the Super Bowl bit was no exception.

The Stones have not really jammed out since 1978 or so as far as I'm concerned, but in the 60s and 70s they were indeed one of the best bands out there and and their mix of Chicago blues w/Cajun, jazz (Charlie's really a jazz drummer) fused into their earlier (and some of their later music) stuff added new and exciting elements to R and Roll. It will be some time before PJ could say that. The Stones could easily claimed to have pulled that off by year 4.

Some people posting here need some music history/appreciation lessons.
  • Kingmidget wrote:

The Stones have not really jammed out since 1978 or so as far as I'm concerned, but in the 60s and 70s they were indeed one of the best bands out there and and their mix of Chicago blues w/Cajun, jazz (Charlie's really a jazz drummer) fused into their earlier (and some of their later music) stuff added new and exciting elements to R and Roll. It will be some time before PJ could say that. The Stones could easily claimed to have pulled that off by year 4.

Totally agree with you on all these points King. However, not to create a parallel between rock music and sports, but seeing the stones these days is like watching an aging athlete obviously past their prime. there comes a time in every performance-based profession where you simply are not as good as you used to be. Do the stones deserve the respect of the entire music industry? absolutely. should all rock bands be paying the stones royalties? absolutely. are they in the top 3 greatest bands in history? without a doubt. are they still an entertaining live act? not in my opinion. i left a recent stones show NOT thinking what a great show it was, but with the idea that, "I'm glad i can say i saw the stones". that kinda sums it up for me.
  • Mr DMr D Posts: 20
    The sound system was bad. Oh well. I love the fact that the band played sloppy and loose. It reminded me of the old days when they toured/ w no backing people on stage. Mick was barking up a storm, and Keith and Ronnie jammed at the end of Satisfaction. We are so used to seeing "polished" acts, especially at the superbowl. Most bands show up note for note PRE TAPED perfect, w/out a hair out of place. The Stones come on and played LIVE and ragged and sloppy and people freak out. I can't stand it when a band plays a song EXACTLY like the record like Macca did last year. It's really boring IMHO w/no improvisation whatsoever. What's funny is some of these polls at various sites have about 50% HATING the performance, and 50% really liking it. I guess there is no in between with the boys.
  • I agree with ya TJ...as I mentioned, I don't enjoy their shows anymore and if they hung it up I'd be fine with that. I just thought a few comments made by a few individuals were out of line.

"Its only R and R, but I like it!!!!"
  • It is painfully obvious that most of the 20 somethings on this site have little or no respect for the Stones as it is most people in this age group have little knowledge of music be it rock or other-wise. Wisen up people while you are still young!
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    the stones are awesome. i wish they would play a rarity but the crowd WANTS to hear satisfaction or start me up, and so it goes.... i have to play, say, big hits and fazed cookies or their majesty's satanic request i suppose.
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Mr DMr D Posts: 20
    kdpjam wrote:
    the stones are awesome. i wish they would play a rarity but the crowd WANTS to hear satisfaction or start me up, and so it goes.... i have to play, say, big hits and fazed cookies or their majesty's satanic request i suppose.
    Correct! They had to play a couple of hits in front of such a large audience. Although a 12 minute version of Midnight Rambler would have sufficed.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    The Rolling Stones announce 2019 “No Filter” U.S. stadium tour
    https://www.salon.com/2018/11/24/the-rolling-stones-announce-2019-no-filter-u-s-stadium-tour_partner/
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Just your typical 12.5 year bump...
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,409

Rolling Stones to release star-stuffed 2012 live recording
    By The Associated Press
    Today

NEW YORK (AP) — The Rolling Stones plan to release what they're calling their “ultimate live greatest hits album,” with appearances by Lady Gaga, Bruce Springsteen, Gary Clark Jr. and The Black Keys, early next year.

“GRRR Live!” contains songs recorded live on Dec. 15, 2012, at Newark, New Jersey's Prudential Center. That night saw guest appearances by The Black Keys (“Who Do You Love?”), Clark and John Mayer (“Going Down”), Lady Gaga (“Gimme Shelter”), Mick Taylor (“Midnight Rambler”) and hometown hero Bruce Springsteen (“Tumbling Dice”).

Shown on pay-per-view in 2012, the concert has not otherwise been available to fans until now.

It also features some of the band's greatest hits, including “It’s Only Rock ‘n’ Roll (But I Like It),” “Honky Tonk Women,” “Start Me Up,” “Sympathy For the Devil” and “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction.”

The 24-track collection will be released on Feb. 10 in vinyl, CD, DVD, digital and Blu-ray formats.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14