http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldz0EoAs87A
*Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016, 2024
Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022, 2023
Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
Baltimore- 2024
DC- 2006, 2008
New York- 2008, 2010
Boston - Fenway 2016 (night 2) , 2024 (night1)
East Rutherford, New Jersey- 2006
Chicago - Lollapalooza 2007
Seattle- Gorge 2005
EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I thought this was a really cool song from the gorge....Its awesome...sbb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldz0EoAs87A

so thats the gorge? looks like a small venue from the video. supposed to be the best place to hear them. btw, dave matthews band is so so awesome in concert if any of yall get a chance to see them.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • btw, dave matthews band is so so awesome in concert if any of yall get a chance to see them.

wow, i found them underwhelming each and every time i saw them after the first time...and, the first time, i found them good, but nowhere near awesome...
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours
  • satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,412
    so thats the gorge? looks like a small venue from the video. supposed to be the best place to hear them. btw, dave matthews band is so so awesome in concert if any of yall get a chance to see them.

that was the gorge campground....the gorge is HUGE!!! bigger than you will ever know....i mean big.....

http://users.accesscomm.ca/seanb/george1.jpg

Baltimore- 2024
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Seattle- Gorge 2005

- Given To Fly
  • saw him a couple times wasn't anything special and i can barely remember anything about either show except i was a little bored both times durring some of the songs...just ok for me.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,236
    so thats the gorge? looks like a small venue from the video.

During the three day stint there in... 02? I think... Dave went out to the campground during one afternoon where a small band had set up shop and was playing. So he decided to play a couple songs with them. You can see him doing this on the Gorge DVD that comes with the CD release from that weekend, and this is just a fan shot version of that.

Now that's pretty fucking cool of him to do.

EDIT: Well, that's not totally accurate. I guess it was at a stage by the entrance and Jason Mraz was actually playing and Dave went up there. Here's a fans perspective taken from Nancies:

i want to talk about the early 3 song set though. i was helping out jason mraz setup and all that from about noon on at the gorge sidestage (directly in front of the gates into the arena). jason was playing and then out wanders dave (about 3pm). dave looks around at the people waiting to get in and then wanders over behind jason and his band. he starts going up the stairs to the stage and says, hey you're sounding really good how's it goin? etc etc and jason goes, hey, you wanna play a couple tunes? so dave says, yea, sure and takes jason's guitar. at this point the 20 of us around jason's performance explodes to like 300. i was actually asked to stand in front of the little entrance to the stage area (it was just like a little tarp) and had to try and keep people from rushing and like mounting dave..lol anyhow, dave played gravedigger and then said "this is a song i wrote for a lovely lady in my life in a hotel room in new york, it's a tiny song, that means you have to be quiet, so you can hear it. unless of course you don't want to hear it, then you can say whatever the fuck you want." and went into loving wings. WAYG was not attached this time..LOL then people were screaming for nancies so he played it for us. as he was leaving he shook my and some girl's hand and handed JASON'S PICK to some guy who was yelling for it...LOL then after he left jason was all "damn, he stole my pick! ah well..." and laughed about it. at this point dave hopped back in his golf cart and went back inside the venue.
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    Is there any word on their new album yet? I'm sure it has to be close to being done. If they don't put "The Idea of You" on the new album and as the first single than they're crazy. That song is a hit in the making.
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Baltimore- 2024
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Seattle- Gorge 2005

- Given To Fly
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    DMB are playing here in Dublin for the first time that I can remember. It's a mad expensive gig though. I'd like to see them but I don't know if it'll be worth it.
    Can i get a few opinions on their live show?
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • AndySlash wrote:
    During the three day stint there in... 02? I think... Dave went out to the campground during one afternoon where a small band had set up shop and was playing. So he decided to play a couple songs with them. You can see him doing this on the Gorge DVD that comes with the CD release from that weekend, and this is just a fan shot version of that.

Now that's pretty fucking cool of him to do.

EDIT: Well, that's not totally accurate. I guess it was at a stage by the entrance and Jason Mraz was actually playing and Dave went up there. Here's a fans perspective taken from Nancies:

i want to talk about the early 3 song set though. i was helping out jason mraz setup and all that from about noon on at the gorge sidestage (directly in front of the gates into the arena). jason was playing and then out wanders dave (about 3pm). dave looks around at the people waiting to get in and then wanders over behind jason and his band. he starts going up the stairs to the stage and says, hey you're sounding really good how's it goin? etc etc and jason goes, hey, you wanna play a couple tunes? so dave says, yea, sure and takes jason's guitar. at this point the 20 of us around jason's performance explodes to like 300. i was actually asked to stand in front of the little entrance to the stage area (it was just like a little tarp) and had to try and keep people from rushing and like mounting dave..lol anyhow, dave played gravedigger and then said "this is a song i wrote for a lovely lady in my life in a hotel room in new york, it's a tiny song, that means you have to be quiet, so you can hear it. unless of course you don't want to hear it, then you can say whatever the fuck you want." and went into loving wings. WAYG was not attached this time..LOL then people were screaming for nancies so he played it for us. as he was leaving he shook my and some girl's hand and handed JASON'S PICK to some guy who was yelling for it...LOL then after he left jason was all "damn, he stole my pick! ah well..." and laughed about it. at this point dave hopped back in his golf cart and went back inside the venue.

do you go to many dave shows?

and the person from dublin: I thought they were great, but i'm a fan of their music. i know a truely obessed fan and she says that most hardcore fans listen to pretty much just the bootlegs, which i can see cause they are something special live. they did "everybody wake up" for the first time at the one i went to, and that was great for me. i have to see them perform "crUsh" one day, as its one of the best songs ever written.
  • Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    I have seen DMB live 7 or 8 times. They have always put on a great show. I wanna go see them whenever they play 3 nights at the Gorge again. I'll only drive up there for Pearl Jam or DMB. Dave is a very talented guitarist.
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
    I have seen DMB live 7 or 8 times. They have always put on a great show. I wanna go see them whenever they play 3 nights at the Gorge again. I'll only drive up there for Pearl Jam or DMB. Dave is a very talented guitarist.

I agree!!! I read somewhere that he plays all the chords ass backwards which is amazing because they tell you that certain fingers are for certain strings and sounds...he has his own style...the "dave " way

Baltimore- 2024
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Seattle- Gorge 2005

- Given To Fly
  • Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying

• yes, very intense. this was what it was like at the show i saw. there was no doubt that he put everything he had into it that night.

and on his guitar playing, i was learning a lot of stuff i like on guitar (years ago) and bought a DMB song book and was like whoa.... the most difficult music i atempted.
  • I agree!!! I read somewhere that he plays all the chords ass backwards which is amazing because they tell you that certain fingers are for certain strings and sounds...he has his own style...the "dave " way

my friend learned to play guitar using dave's songs...and he can play ANYTHING now...i mean ANYTHING...the best guitarists i know, well, that ones that learned while i was in college with them, are the ones that learned along with dave songs...coincidence? hard to tell...
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours