Options

anybody else hate creed

woundedorganwoundedorgan Posts: 607
edited February 2006 in Other Music
I remember hearing Green Disease on one of my live albums and instead of G-R-E-E-D, he sings C-R-E-E-D...i pissed myself laughing....I hate Creed
God Loves Pearl Jam
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I remember hearing Green Disease on one of my live albums and instead of G-R-E-E-D, he sings C-R-E-E-D...i pissed myself laughing....I hate Creed

COUNT ME IN FOR THE HATRED TOWArds cree*
    no son personas, son mujeres
  • Options
    another one for the army...seriously......what was up with Creed and Scott Stapp....
    God Loves Pearl Jam
  • Options
    you hate a band that doesn't exist anymore? they did suck ... but it's time to move on.
    Give way to nature ...
  • Options
    they should delete these posts along with all of the bogus tour dates
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    they should delete these posts along with all of the bogus tour dates

I am sorry, your posts should stay but others should be deleted...
    God Loves Pearl Jam
  • Options
    you hate a band that doesn't exist anymore? they did suck ... but it's time to move on.

I agree..

Its a thing of the past, time is overdue to let them go.
    The Dajaaza

www.thenewfoundlandpearljamexperience.com
    We lived it! We loved it! We will always remember.
  • Options
    keyser_sozekeyser_soze London, England Posts: 205
    unfortunately now that creed have broken up there are now TWO creeds.

those being altar bridge and scott stapp solo.

bastards.

actually creed was a guilty pleasure of mine.
    www.facebook.com/PandoraApparel
  • Options
    dig up the horse, piece together old pieces of rotten bone and beat it some more
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    first albums was okay, which gave them one more alright album than audioslave and vevet revolver combined.
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    Echoes wrote:
    first albums was okay, which gave them one more alright album than audioslave and vevet revolver combined.

I agree. I really liked the song Torn. Actually I still like it. I just got sick of all their music overplayed on the radio... which is why I stopped listening to the radio.
    Thanks harrison. Maybe you should take your beatbox down the street and eat some acid you silly pervert.

Moloko21- You have been banned for the following reason:
    refusing to followthe posting guidelines you agreed to when you registered for the bbs

Date the ban will be lifted: 02-22-2006
  • Options
    Creed falls into that "3rd eye blind" category for me.

Cool music, but the singers and lyrics suck. If you put a cool singer with cool lyrics in either band, I think they would be allright?

I know there is a lot of Creed hatred in here because Sapp is trying to be and sound like Ed Vedder, but does anyone else think the music was OK?
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
  • Options
    Was he "trying to sound like eddie" Or does he just sound like that naturally?
    Thanks harrison. Maybe you should take your beatbox down the street and eat some acid you silly pervert.

refusing to followthe posting guidelines you agreed to when you registered for the bbs

• Options
    china doll wrote:
    To me, his singing was definately forced and in no way natural. I think he was going for that deep Ed vibrato and it didnt sound natural. Maybe I am way off base, but thats how I see it.
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
  • Options
    To me, his singing was definately forced and in no way natural. I think he was going for that deep Ed vibrato and it didnt sound natural. Maybe I am way off base, but thats how I see it.

I still don't think he sounds bad though. And if he sounded just like Eddie wouldn't people like him more? I don't know... I just think maybe they were overplayed... Still not horrible.

• Options
    Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    china doll wrote:
    I still don't think he sounds bad though. And if he sounded just like Eddie wouldn't people like him more?

Not necessarily. People hate how Shaun Morgan(Seether) sounds a bit like Kurt Cobain even though it's his natural voice. For some reason most people have it in their head that he's trying to sound like Kurt. All the same, I never really liked Creed and their two main singles off Human Clay sounded exactly like the ones off of Weathered. It's pretty much like what Nickelback is now. Most people hate corporate bands without passion for a good reason.
    Pearl Jam Album Rankings
    ---
    1. Ten
    2. Vs.
    3. Pearl Jam
    4. Binaural
    5. No Code
    6. Riot Act
    7. Yield
    8. Vitalogy

Pearl Jam Song Rankings
    ---
    1. Black
    2. Rearviewmirror
    3. Light Years
    4. Given to Fly
    5. Severed Hand
  • Options
    china doll wrote:

nobody can sing like ED. that's it, period!
    "i forgot the words...."
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    it's not that i hate creed. it's just that they do not inhabit my universe.
    i pay them no mind and to me they do not exist; kinda like nickelback.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

mabye this could make you laugh then...

http://youtube.com/w/Celebrity-Deathmatch---Eddie-Vedder-vs.-Scott-Stapp?v=NkACo9aAMZA&search=Eddie%20Vedder%2C%20Scott%20Stapp
    "We're heavily Hemingway inspired." -ed