Foo Fighters - When to show up?

keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
edited November 2007 in Other Music
Simple question, I'm buying Foos tickets this weekend, and was wondering weather to go GA or seats. If I went GA, how early would I have to be at the venue on the day of the show to be in the front, as I'm kind of short and if I'm back more than 10 rows I can't see much.

Thanks!
Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    when I saw them here in Charlotte I got to the venue 2 hours before doors opened and got front row, was a great show too!
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Simple question, I'm buying Foos tickets this weekend, and was wondering weather to go GA or seats. If I went GA, how early would I have to be at the venue on the day of the show to be in the front, as I'm kind of short and if I'm back more than 10 rows I can't see much.

Thanks!

I don't know if they will have the same stage set up as they have had on the just finished UK tour but here there were two stages connected by a runway with them coming out on the second stage to do a 45 minute acoustic set. I stood dead centre on the barrier of the second stage and then I also had an uninterrupted view down the walkway to the main stage ... and then had Dave (and Brian May) stood right in front of me on the acoustic stage :) ... only downside was the second stage dropped down from the ceiling and they didn't pull it back up after the acoustic set so for the encore I had to look around a set of drums (although they had big screens as well) ... to get this spot I arrived about 30 minutes before doors opened as with the two stages and walkway this gave a lot of front row :D ... here's a picture of the stage set up at the show I was at http://www.foofighters.com/blackbox/pictures/2007_11_17_london/pages/_MG_4005.htm ... I also went to another show on this tour and it had the same stage set up.

I'm a shorty too.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Chime wrote:
    I don't know if they will have the same stage set up as they have had on the just finished UK tour but here there were two stages connected by a runway with them coming out on the second stage to do a 45 minute acoustic set. I stood dead centre on the barrier of the second stage and then I also had an uninterrupted view down the walkway to the main stage ... and then had Dave (and Brian May) stood right in front of me on the acoustic stage :) ... only downside was the second stage dropped down from the ceiling and they didn't pull it back up after the acoustic set so for the encore I had to look around a set of drums (although they had big screens as well) ... to get this spot I arrived about 30 minutes before doors opened as with the two stages and walkway this gave a lot of front row :D ... here's a picture of the stage set up at the show I was at http://www.foofighters.com/blackbox/pictures/2007_11_17_london/pages/_MG_4005.htm ... I also went to another show on this tour and it had the same stage set up.

I'm a shorty too.

We were in the UK last week, and saw the Foos in Cardiff and at the O2. The Cardiff show was at a smaller venue, so they didn't use the second stage.

The O2 show was amazing. The O2 complex is massive!
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    We were in the UK last week, and saw the Foos in Cardiff and at the O2. The Cardiff show was at a smaller venue, so they didn't use the second stage.

The O2 show was amazing. The O2 complex is massive!

I was at the Glasgow SECC show and Saturday at the O2. My first time at the O2 and think it's a pretty good venue ... esp for it's size.

Where were you at the O2 gig?

I hear they didn't use the second stage in Aberdeen either so think it does depend on venue size.

btw saw the photographer Ross Halfin walking around the second stage during the whole acoustic set so you may want to keep an eye on his site for some good photos of the gig :)
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Chime wrote:
    I was at the Glasgow SECC show and Saturday at the O2. My first time at the O2 and think it's a pretty good venue ... esp for it's size.

Where were you at the O2 gig?

I hear they didn't use the second stage in Aberdeen either so think it does depend on venue size.

btw saw the photographer Ross Halfin walking around the second stage during the whole acoustic set so you may want to keep an eye on his site for some good photos of the gig :)

we were in the seats, 10 rows off the floor, in the section between the stages....we got to go backsatge afterwards.....fun scene!
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,851
    any word on a ny date?
    looks like they put the smaller markets and canada on sale first
  • I thought about the acoustic stage thing too, I think I'd rather be up front up front, or on the runway 1/2 way between the acoustic stage and the main stage.

I'm planning on making an afternoon out of it, showing up WAYYYYYY too early, because that's how I do things.

And the show is March 19th.

And Chime, how many people were at the arena when you showed up?
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    I thought about the acoustic stage thing too, I think I'd rather be up front up front, or on the runway 1/2 way between the acoustic stage and the main stage.

I'm planning on making an afternoon out of it, showing up WAYYYYYY too early, because that's how I do things.

And the show is March 19th.

And Chime, how many people were at the arena when you showed up?

If they have the same set up if you choose up front up front you may not be able to see anything when they are on the acoustic stage as they just turned the lights and screens on the main stage off so then it becomes the equivalent of being at the back of the floor looking at the back of the band. There are positives and negatives to everywhere :o

I'm not sure as we were split into four different queues but I would say for standing there were less than 300. I think the whole place holds about 22,000
  • Chime wrote:
    If they have the same set up if you choose up front up front you may not be able to see anything when they are on the acoustic stage as they just turned the lights and screens on the main stage off so then it becomes the equivalent of being at the back of the floor looking at the back of the band. There are positives and negatives to everywhere :o

I'm not sure as we were split into four different queues but I would say for standing there were less than 300. I think the whole place holds about 22,000
    Ya thats the debate I have. I'm thinking the 'armpit' of the acoustic stage might not be a bad spot.
    Ya thats the debate I have. I'm thinking the 'armpit' of the acoustic stage might not be a bad spot.

That would be next to the sound desks and professional video cameras.

Once your leg of the tour starts may be worth visiting the Foo board to see what others are deciding (yours isn't the first date is it:confused: ) ... that's what I did to pick my spot. Read where people were saying was the best place to be. I don't know if looking at pics from the gig may give you some ideas http://www.foofighters.com/blackbox/pictures/2007_11_17_london/

After this they'll probably end up having a completely different set up ...
  • Chime wrote:
    That would be next to the sound desks and professional video cameras.

Once your leg of the tour starts may be worth visiting the Foo board to see what others are deciding (yours isn't the first date is it:confused: ) ... that's what I did to pick my spot. Read where people were saying was the best place to be. I don't know if looking at pics from the gig may give you some ideas http://www.foofighters.com/blackbox/pictures/2007_11_17_london/

After this they'll probably end up having a completely different set up ...
    My show's the second date on the tour, so I'll check the stage setup. Either way, I'll be there a few hours early.
    My show's the second date on the tour, so I'll check the stage setup. Either way, I'll be there a few hours early.

Enjoy :)
  • Chime wrote:
    Enjoy :)
    Will do! I'm fucking excited!! Going with my brother and a couple buddies.