Metric

keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
edited July 2008 in Other Music
Just saw these guys (and girl!) again, and they were absolutley amazing! Anyone else love this band, and Emily's solo stuff?
Definitley check 'em out if you get the chance, well worth your time!
Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DjangoDjango Posts: 152
    Just saw these guys (and girl!) again, and they were absolutley amazing! Anyone else love this band, and Emily's solo stuff?
    Definitley check 'em out if you get the chance, well worth your time!

I really like the old world underground where are you now? album

Live it out was a bit hit & miss. Empty (nod to dirty boots by sonic yoof) , poster of a girl, The police and the private, are cool tunes.
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    i was really into them about 3 years ago, but have slipped away a little. grow up and blow away really, really sucks.

old world and live it out are awesome. i saw them live 5 times in that span. they are a great live band indeed.

i bought emily's solo kinves album and it was just okay to me.

i didnt go the last time metric rolled through town.

my old metric thread: http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=162890&highlight=metric
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    i was really into them about 3 years ago, but have slipped away a little. grow up and blow away really, really sucks.

old world and live it out are awesome. i saw them live 5 times in that span. they are a great live band indeed.

i bought emily's solo kinves album and it was just okay to me.

i didnt go the last time metric rolled through town.

my old metric thread: http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=162890&highlight=metric
    GUABA can be forgiven IMO considering it was their first album.

I see them every time they're through, plus I caught them in Seattle because they were playing when I was there. Having said that, I've only seen them 3 times.

I dig Knives a lot, and I actually think her first solo album (Cut in Half and Also Double) is quite a find. Their live show is always a party, and I'll keep comin back!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V