Options

Guaranteed Video Here...

Comments

• Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    Love it :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    NC_IrieNC_Irie Posts: 270
    made my morning!

great job Ed!
    Empty pockets will allow a greater sense of wealth.
    Why contain yourself like any other book on the shelf?

Subtle voices in the wind hear the truth they're telling.
    A world begins where the road ends.
    Watch me leave it all behind.
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    I liked it but I thought it was funny when the chair floated up to the corner of the screen at the end. :D

:)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    ReleasHReleasH Posts: 743
    justam wrote:
    I liked it but I thought it was funny when the chair floated up to the corner of the screen at the end. :D

I thought that was kind of random too ...

But I loved it ... nice to see Ed singing anything really.
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    justam wrote:

my husband and I were talking about the same thing last night when we saw it. :D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
    Great song.
    Video.....did not do it for me.
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    my husband and I were talking about the same thing last night when we saw it. :D

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    damn can't see it :(
    "We have to change the concept of patriotism to one of “matriotism” — love of humanity that transcends war. A matriarch would never send her own children off to wars that kill other people’s children." Cindy Sheehan
    ---
    London, Brixton, 14 July 1993
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, Wembley, 18 June 2007
    London, O2, 18 August 2009
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 31 July 2012
    Milton Keynes Bowl, 11 July 2014
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 06 June 2017
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 09 June 2019
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 10 June 2019

• Options
    someone someone!... a big favour for anyone outside the us who can't see it - maybe download and post it somewhere?...

we'd love you -
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    Good video....

Still wondering about the Edd Monkey thing....wtf?

Wasn't ITW the CD under Monkey Wrench Records? Well I dont know if its Records but the CD sais "2007 Money Wrench, under license of J Records" maybe its a reference to that.
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    justam wrote:

My nephew called me and asked why does Ed and the chair float up into the corner?

I have no idea I said. lol
  • Options
    My nephew called me and asked why does Ed and the chair float up into the corner?

I have no idea I said. lol

I guess the reason it looked funny was that it kind of reminded me of one of things I've seen where they cut out part of the picture and move it around instead of really animating it. Like Monty Python does.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    Is there any way around VH1's regulation on viewing the video (s) from outside the States? I mean, come on... I'm 45 minutes away from Buffalo.. What a terrible policy.

Any help?
    Dan
  • Options
    guertin32guertin32 Posts: 205
    very cool video! thanks.
    http://www.myspace.com/cravingstrangemusic <- my band
    MSG - NYC - 9-10-1998
    MSG - NYC - 9-11-1998 (BEST FKING SHOW!)
    Jones Beach - 8-25-2000
    Nassau Coliseum - 4-30-2003
    Irving Plaza - 5-5-06 (another great show)
    New Jersey - 6-1-06
    MSG - NYC - 6.24.08
  • Options
    stateeshastateesha Posts: 274
    I thought the video was alright but Eddie looking like a fly at the end was horrible. What was that? Should have just cut that part out and just had the picture not floating Ed.
    92 Atlanta; 93 Boulder; 94 Denver 1-2; 95 Red Rocks 1-2; 96 Charlotte, Charleston; 98 Atlanta, Greenville, Knoxville, Columbia, Washington; 99 Bridge 1-2; 00 Atlanta, Vegas; 01 Bridge 1-2, Seattle; 02 Seattle; 03 Vegas, Bridge 1-2; 04 Asheville; 05 Toronto; 06 E. Ruth 1-2, Hawaii 1-2; 07 London; 08 Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Hartford, Boston 1 & 2, Beacon
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    yes, I agree, the floating ed was wierd... the 10 seconds of quietness at the end was also wierd!
    Good video though!
  • Options
    Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • Options
    i cant believe Eddie actually chose the best song on the album to make a single. PJ never does that!
  • Options
    bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    What a stupid policy. Fuck VH1.
    Thanks for posting it on youtube! Really enjoyed it!
  • Options
    great video, it was not really extravagant, it was actually very humble and simple which is what i guess ed was going for when writing the song.
    Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    thanks dude...preciate this.

Eddie's the man.....

fk I need some live PJ...bad.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    Im glad it wasnt just me who got flashbacks from "Jeremy" lol

But i really think the video was humble and simple (unlike worldwide suicide, that i found to not make much sense :D ) I thought it was very tasteful. I thought i was tripping out when ed started floating away into the sky though :D

"Eddie Monkey" Is that what I read?
  • Options
    mramone wrote:

**Bows down** on behalf of all of us NON Americans...Thank you sooo much!!!

I can't watch it right now as I'm at work but I'm gonna e-mail myself that link so I can watch when I get home. Ahh pleasant dreams for me tonight :)
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    cool. i'd prefer pics of the real Chris instead of the movie Chris.. nice though
    "There are teams that are fair-haired,and those that aren't so fair-haired.Some teams are named Smith,some Grabowski. We're Grabowskis."-Mike Ditka, January 1986

everytime i have to take a crap i sing EVACUATION!!!
    EVACUATION!!
    "i'll let you be in my dream if i can be in your dream." -b.dylan
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    elstongunn wrote:
    cool. i'd prefer pics of the real Chris instead of the movie Chris.. nice though

twas my thoughts...

Oh ps, the vid is nice, but ed (i think it was? ) had it right when he said videos dont really do anything for the music. If anything they distract. Im just saying.... had i seen the video instead of just hearing the song on my headphones, i might not feel the same way! Its funny how that works ...
  • Options
    Detroit2NYCDetroit2NYC New York, NY Posts: 337
    pjtaper wrote:
    yes, I agree, the floating ed was wierd... the 10 seconds of quietness at the end was also wierd!
    Good video though!

Ahaha, I thought he looked like ET!
  • Options
    I think the idea of EV floating out in this sort of silhouette type thing was interesting but it he was strangely angled as he floated out there and I think probably lingered a bit too long. Otherwise I'm totally pleased with the classiness of this video - great song Ed.
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,775
    Great song.
    Video.....did not do it for me.

ditto
  • Options
    Thanks for the youtube video!

I'm not sure I like the ending either or the floating overlays but the video was alright overall. I wonder how much eddie had a say in it?
    "We have to change the concept of patriotism to one of “matriotism” — love of humanity that transcends war. A matriarch would never send her own children off to wars that kill other people’s children." Cindy Sheehan
    ---
    London, Brixton, 14 July 1993
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, Wembley, 18 June 2007
    London, O2, 18 August 2009
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 31 July 2012
    Milton Keynes Bowl, 11 July 2014
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 06 June 2017
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 09 June 2019
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 10 June 2019