Metric

keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
edited August 2007 in Other Music
Who else loves them? I saw them at The Ottawa Bluesfest and get to see them at the Showbox in October!

Has anyone else seen 'em or going to this tour?
Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    No love for Metric?

Anyone seeing them at the Showbox?
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • spnkrispnkri Posts: 137
    I have no plans to see them in the near future, but Metric is definitely one of my favorite bands.
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    seen them four five times now.once opening for hot hot heat, once at commodore, at a festival, on halloween at the commodore, on april fools day commodore...great energy live, gotta say though, the new record is adult contemporary at times....that spoken word song on the new record is almost unforgivable.....its just not metric....old world, and live it out are amazing works though...and Emily is such a beauty to behold on stage...have fun at the showbox
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
    This is gonna be my first time at the showbox, and I'm SO excited.
  • spnkrispnkri Posts: 137
    seen them four five times now.once opening for hot hot heat, once at commodore, at a festival, on halloween at the commodore, on april fools day commodore...great energy live, gotta say though, the new record is adult contemporary at times....that spoken word song on the new record is almost unforgivable.....its just not metric....old world, and live it out are amazing works though...and Emily is such a beauty to behold on stage...have fun at the showbox

New record? Do you mean the 2007 reissue of Grow Up And Blow Away, or do they actually have a new record coming out?
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    spnkri wrote:
    New record? Do you mean the 2007 reissue of Grow Up And Blow Away, or do they actually have a new record coming out?

I'm assuming he's talking about Grow up because i haven't heard anything about a new record, they are great in clubs saw them a few times here at the starlite in 05 but I saw them at a larger place (about 2-3000 people) and they just couldn't carry the room, but the showbox is little right? so it should be cool
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
    spnkri wrote:
    I think they have a new record coming out in October, but I'm not sure thats what he's refering to.

It only adds to my excitement.
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    sorry yeah, referring to the reissue thing...if its an old era, reissue of previous stuff, i can forgive them.....it explains a lot.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • mikesbrimikesbri Posts: 965
    I'll be seeing them at V-fest in Toronto. Have never had chance to see them live, so im excited.
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022