PHISH Studio Albums!

THE BANDTHE BAND Posts: 83
edited October 2006 in Other Music
just pick up billy breaths and farmhouse! up untill this point I only use the studio work as a base for there live jams. I really enjoy them though but who is tom Marshell? Be cool!

ps I love Character Zero!! and First tube!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    farmhouse was actually the first phish album i bought. People can say that they're a great jam band, which they are, but farmhouse is a very overlooked album IMO. Some really beautiful and melodic stuff on there. Just wish I had the chance to see them before they split up. Waiting on the reunion.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    pjfan020 wrote:
    farmhouse was actually the first phish album i bought. People can say that they're a great jam band, which they are, but farmhouse is a very overlooked album IMO. Some really beautiful and melodic stuff on there. Just wish I had the chance to see them before they split up. Waiting on the reunion.

Apparently that's not going to be too far away.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,099
    yosi wrote:
    Apparently that's not going to be too far away.
    I think that's merely fan speculation looking desperately at every interview each of the musicians from Phish makes, trying to extract some sort of sign that there's a reunion coming up :). Most recent one I heard was a Halloween show in Boston I think. And considering that's in... six days, looking less and less likely. Maybe NYE at MSG.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    benjs wrote:
    I think that's merely fan speculation looking desperately at every interview each of the musicians from Phish makes, trying to extract some sort of sign that there's a reunion coming up :). Most recent one I heard was a Halloween show in Boston I think. And considering that's in... six days, looking less and less likely. Maybe NYE at MSG.

Possible. I'm not really into Phish, but I have some friends that are, and from what I've heard it sounds like a reunion is in the works. But, you're more than likely right.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • alobaralobar Posts: 310
    reunion talk aside, I really love Phishs' studio albums. From the ones I have, here's my ranking:

1. Rift
    2. Billy Breathes
    3. Story Of The Ghost
    4. Junta
    5. Picture Of Nectar
    6. Hoist

But my favorite has to be Slip, Stitch, and Pass (but it's live, so I won't count it).
    "I wanna believe in the mercy of the world again."

WAR + MAGIC BEANS = PEACE
  • Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    Phish is one of the only bands where I can honestly say I like their studio albums better than the bootlegs and live shows.
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • whygowhygo Posts: 55
    I can honestly say I feel that Phish blows......... Trey is not serious, even though he is a good guitarist..... just my $.02
  • Tom Marshall Is Basically Trey's Best Friend, And Has Co Wrote Many (75%) Of Phish's Lyrics With Trey. There Is No Reunion In The Works.
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    THE BAND wrote:
    just pick up billy breaths and farmhouse! up untill this point I only use the studio work as a base for there live jams. I really enjoy them though but who is tom Marshell? Be cool!

ps I love Character Zero!! and First tube!
    I hear you on first tube. Great song. I am so glad Trey slipped that into the set when he opened for Tom Petty here in Dallas last August. :D Sounded even better live. Actually He played 3 farmhouse tracks and the rest was solo material.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • MishralMishral Posts: 211
    Maybeyou, who listens to Phis, can answer my question.
    Wich song is that is played in The Simpsons episode where Homer gets medical marihuana?
    "The things you own will end up owning you"
  • KricketKricket Posts: 707
    Little off topic but did anyone watch My Name is Earl last wk? They named their band PHiSH Taco :) I thought it was fuuny!

I just saw Trey last wkend in Ann Arbor MI at the Michigan Theatre and he was sick, he came back and did an acoustic encore that was, Josie Wales> SJ> Wilson > Chauldust Tourture!!! I just saw him back in the summer (with Mike Gordon who we met downtown TO the day of the show) but that show in Ann Arbor was insane...the first set ended with Plasma and it was just incrediable:)
  • antelope
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    i heard trey was getting back together.......