tool shows

jeremy_spoke_injeremy_spoke_in Posts: 24
edited August 2007 in Other Music
Right i'm going to my first Tool show on the 23rd august in Manchester. They are one of my fav bands but i just got into them about 6 months ago for some reason.
I would ask on the tool forum but i'm sure i'll get a good answer on here.
They seem to play the same set each night basicaly, is this correct?
The reason i ask is i am considering paying £50 to get a ticket to their show in London the night before.
I could watch PJ live over and over but some bands i've seen i am happy with one show. I don't think tool will be back in the UK for a while so do i go to 2 Tool shows in 2 days or be happy with one?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,216
    Basically the same set...they generally switch up some combo of Pushit, Flood, Right In Two, and The Pot in the middle, but 80% is constant.
  • xscorchoxscorcho Posts: 409
    saw them two nights in a row this tour (both san diego shows).... loved every moment of both.. even considering the only difference was pushit the second night instead of "right in two"...... definately no regrets... so i say do it :D
  • hodgehodge Posts: 519
    some of the greatest experiences of my life have been tool shows

i have a feeling the set will change a bit overseas which is what they historically have done (usually adding jimmy, swamp song, etc.)

if you have the money, go to the first night's show because you will be blown away the second night and will have wished you had gone to the previous
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    Right i'm going to my first Tool show on the 23rd august in Manchester. They are one of my fav bands but i just got into them about 6 months ago for some reason.
    I would ask on the tool forum but i'm sure i'll get a good answer on here.
    They seem to play the same set each night basicaly, is this correct?
    The reason i ask is i am considering paying £50 to get a ticket to their show in London the night before.
    I could watch PJ live over and over but some bands i've seen i am happy with one show. I don't think tool will be back in the UK for a while so do i go to 2 Tool shows in 2 days or be happy with one?
    Personally I think that its worth it, also, remember that that not only might they not be here for a while but these are SMALL shows! Seriously, I took on an extra job just to afford the trip to London, you won't regret it.
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07