Sparta...Wiretap Scars or Porcelain?

since i fell apartsince i fell apart Posts: 119
edited June 2007 in Other Music
So I was sold on Sparta at their show last night @ Irving Plaza and now want to pick up an album. The songs I was most into seem to be on either Wiretap Scars or Porcelain. Which do you recommend?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    I'm not a huge fan of the band, but I have both of those albums and "Porcelain" is, by far, my favorite of the two. Wiretap Scars is more of a rocking album though if you were into their more aggresive songs.
  • I love sparta!!

i would definitely start out with their first album and then move on i nsequence.

Wire tap Scars is a great fuckign album, you wont be dissapointed
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • KFrost2008KFrost2008 Posts: 36
    If you like Sparta, listen to At The Drive-In, so much better than Sparta
    I can kill because in God I trust.

06/24/06-Cincinnati, OH-US Bank Arena
    08/05/07-Chicago, IL-Grant Park(Lollapalooza)
  • Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    KFrost2008 wrote:
    If you like Sparta, listen to At The Drive-In, so much better than Sparta

Word that.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    CM1847 wrote:
    I'm not a huge fan of the band, but I have both of those albums and "Porcelain" is, by far, my favorite of the two. Wiretap Scars is more of a rocking album though if you were into their more aggresive songs.
    I recently got bothalbums and i agree porcdlain is better.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,216
    Fantastic band...I like Porcelain a little better, but you won't be disappointed with either.
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    the first two are a bit of a toss up, the first one has better individual songs but the second has a little more of an "album" feel if that makes any sense, under no circumstances bother with the third one it's pretty shitty
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
    I do prefer Porcelain over Wiretap Scars, but the first song on Wiretap is an awesome way to start the CD.
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    So I was sold on Sparta at their show last night @ Irving Plaza and now want to pick up an album. The songs I was most into seem to be on either Wiretap Scars or Porcelain. Which do you recommend?

Wiretap scars for me personally, but it looks like im in the minority
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,216
    mrwalkerb wrote:
    the first two are a bit of a toss up, the first one has better individual songs but the second has a little more of an "album" feel if that makes any sense, under no circumstances bother with the third one it's pretty shitty

Whaaaaaaat? I love Threes...
    Threes is quite good. I do like it a lot.