Watch Me Roll....

AiCPearlJamWeenAiCPearlJamWeen Posts: 785
edited October 2007 in Other Music
Soulja Boi-eee.....................

God damn someone needs to destroy this rapper and this shitty song. Some girl actually criticized my taste in music because I hadn't heard this song prior to the other day. She said "Ugh you've NEVER heard Soulja Boy? It's one of the greatest songs to come out in the past 20 years. God your taste in music is horrible"

She is the type of woman that makes me wish domestic violence was legal. But my buddies are into new rap and I was stoned with them and noticed a trend in ALL mainstream rap they listen to. Not only is the lyrics in every song not deep whatsoever but this is how EVERY song they have on their mix CD's are organized:

1) Rappers state their names (Yo yo it's Young Buck wit cha boy Young Wayne)

2) Then they proceed to "rap" the chorus of the song 3 times (or sometimes for the whole song)

3) Once the chorus is "sung" three times the first rapper, usually a deep voiced man, has a 30-50 second freestyle rap about their car and how bad they are.

4) Now the chorus is "sung" again another 2-3 times with maybe a tad bit difference than the first time

5) Next enters another rapper who tends to pull of another 30-45 seconds of bragging about his girls and "whips"

6) Now here is where rap gets tricky. The artist now decides if they want to ad the chorus 3 times and THEN another 15-30 second rap or if they just wanna end with the chorus 3 times. It all depends if they are going for a 3 minute song or 3 and a half minute song to clog the MTV and FUSE airways.

I find it sad when Snoop Dogg has fallen into this mess known as new rap. It seems the only rapper I can really listen to is Saul Williams and Scarface, both excellent.