Flaming Lips......

AiCPearlJamWeenAiCPearlJamWeen Posts: 785
edited October 2007 in Other Music
What an awesome fucking band. I have this live boot and they are superb in it. Gotta love em.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Tek MoneyTek Money Posts: 642
    The best live show I have ever seen. Wayne is just a great frontman. And such a sweetheart. I love this band so much. The Soft Bulletin is my favorite.
    Cock Fight.
  • Insanely creative, risk-takers, utterly unique; a sound utterly their own. I kinda like 'em.
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Wayne on the Oklahoma morning news:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMl-98qbB5U

About 6 minutes in, Wayne does the weather forecast...
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    some people say the soft bulletin is the greatest release of the 90s.

i disagree
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • hguz73hguz73 Posts: 245
    Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots (2002) is a great album, has some great tracks like "Do You Realize?", "Ego Tripping at the Gates of Hell", "Fight Test" and "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots pt.1"..
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    glasshouse wrote:

i disagree

i do too, but it's definitely in the elite albums of that decade.
  • glasshouse wrote:

i disagree

Well, it came out in 1999 and didn't really take off until the next year, so it's hard for me to think of it as a "90s album".

I do think it's better than anything in the 2000s and rivals any other 90s album.

But as my username suggests, I'm a bit biased :D