Ghosts I-IV

AiCPearlJamWeenAiCPearlJamWeen Posts: 785
edited April 2008 in Other Music
God an amazing album. 10x better than Year Zero.

Love the bass in 03_Ghosts I!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Brain Of EBrain Of E Posts: 499
    I agree, Ghost is a fucking awesome album. I don't know if you could really compare it to Year Zero though, it's almost completely different. On Year Zero he set out to make songs that would focus more on the lyrics, you know the story he was trying to tell. On Ghosts, the focus was more on the sounds, which I guess you're right. Usually Trent's instrumental jams are his better songs. Like on the Fragile, all the songs are great, but's the instrumental songs stand out the most. Just Like You Imagined is pure genius. And on YZ, the Greater Good is too. I still think the rest of Year Zero was damn good, the beats alone are cool even without the vocals. So I still can't agree with you that Ghosts is better than Year Zero because both are masterpieces.
    Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.
  • journeymanjourneyman Posts: 135
    I like it too. Waiting for my vinyl copy. 24GhostsIII is cool.
    Have anyone checked out any filmfest videos?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ioEadvuESrE
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    i bought this the day it came out on cd and still havent listened to it. i havent had time and i really want to just sit down and listen, no distractions.
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    it's what I listen to so i can drown out the idiots while i'm reading on the commuter train
  • toddiet123toddiet123 Posts: 271
    I wish it was heavier/harder.
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    I thought it was really dull, to be honest. And I'm usually a fan of NIN instrumentals.

Great distribution method though, I hope he sticks with it.
  • Ghosts is MUCH better than Year Zero.. I like YZ but it's a little shallow.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • I'd been waiting and hoping for Trent to do an album like this for a long time. Very reminiscent of the Still EP and the beautiful Fragile instrumentals, like the Frail and Ripe with decay. The songs with piano tend to be my favorates right now(track 13!). Just an amazing album all around. I can't believe you can get these 36 gems for the price of 1 CD at your local Best Buy... wow.
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I like both Ghosts and YZ, but Ghosts is good music for the car when you just want to think.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    I like NIN and Trent, but WTF?

I just don't get it.....

The guy can put out a complete shit record and people fall over themselves trying to praise him. Year Zero was really bad IMO.
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • stickfig13 wrote:
    I like NIN and Trent, but WTF?

I just don't get it.....

The guy can put out a complete shit record and people fall over themselves trying to praise him. Year Zero was really bad IMO.

I think YZ was 'just OK'.. Ghosts is good though.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • PJ_GAPJ_GA Posts: 121
    It is a wonderful set of songs
    ITS MY BLOOOOOOODDDDDD!!!!!!!!!
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I keep meaning to get it. But now I definitely will.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • mensanemensane Posts: 912
    Year Zero was fantastic...especially in full context of the entire experience.

Ghosts just gets better and better the more I listen to it.
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    I agree about Ghosts. I really enjoyed listening to the first disc on my drive to work the other day. Ghost 12 on disc 1 is great.

I'm not a fan of Year Zero either. I've given it a couple of tries and it just doesn't grab me. I used to like With Teeth more, but that record hasn't held up for me either. I don't know if it is the lyrics or what.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    I listened to this a couple of times and was unbelievably disappointed. I'm a HUGE fan fo Trent's instrumentals, especially on The Fragile, but nothing about this grabbed me.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    audiodave wrote:
    I listened to this a couple of times and was unbelievably disappointed. I'm a HUGE fan fo Trent's instrumentals, especially on The Fragile, but nothing about this grabbed me.

The Fragile and Downward Spiral instrumentals are a lot better. I like these instrumentals better than his recent songs. Maybe at this point he should just make instrumental music.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."