Talkin' Shit About a Pretty Sunset!

AiCPearlJamWeenAiCPearlJamWeen Posts: 785
edited May 2007 in Other Music
God damn Modest Mouse is great. Fuck their singles, they have soooo much more depth than their singles. Whenever I say "Hey Modest Mouse rocks" my friends usually say "ewwww after that one single I could never like them"

Plus Isaac Brock is an awesome song writer and musician. Did I mention his voice is also very amazing on the newer stuff. Plus they sound a bit like the Talking Heads which is always a plus.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dont_go_on_medont_go_on_me Posts: 877
    blanketing opinions that I'll probably regret soon

great band, isaac is one of my favorite songwriters of all time.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • i love MM, even if their new album is a bit weak.
    and seeing them live is hit or miss--it could be a great rockin show, or Brock could be wasted and forget the words. i've seen 2 of each ;)

but their albums rock, and if you get that good show, it's totally worth it.

peace.
    "Find myself singing the same songs every day....
    ones that make me feel good when things behind the smile ain't ok...." -Hoon
  • Their new album is dope.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    big fan of Issac's work.

I agree people who only know them because of float on umm missed the boat ;)

Every album has great tracks but lonesome crowded west is one of my favorite albums of the 90's
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    i'm not liking the last two records as much as the others... i love modest mouse but their older stuff rules..
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    MM is an okay band, but they're not anything special. On a scale of 1 to 10, they're a 5. Not "bad", but not too unique either.
  • BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    One of my favorite songs of all time,

That band had limitless potential, I felt they lost focus with Moon and Antartica, and Good News. The new one is the dope though. They'd better start mixing up the set lists live though. A guitarist of Johny's caliber can learn the back catalogue.
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.