Best Toadies CD?

AiCPearlJamWeenAiCPearlJamWeen Posts: 785
edited December 2007 in Other Music
I have heard that they are a very good band. Whats a good CD to start with that has killer riffs/solos?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Get Rubberneck... listen to the tracks called Possum Kingdom, I come from the water, and Happyface (Happyface is the most hardcore).
  • MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
    there's only 2 cds, so you might as well start with the 1st one and end with the 2nd one.

btw, as far as "riffs/solos", the solos are minimal; they weren't really the soloing type of band, they were a mix between the Pixies and Tool.
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I have heard that they are a very good band. Whats a good CD to start with that has killer riffs/solos?
    Rubberneck is where you need to start. Hell below stars above is great too though. But rubberneck has all the classics.

They have a few live albums. Live from Paradise has a great tracklist, but Todd kind of lost his voice a bit on it, so it kinda sucks vocal wise.

I am seeing them tomarrow twice! acoustic first and then they play the actual show at the theater. review to come with setlist and highlights.

As already said, not really a guitar solo type band just basic chords and Grunge sound. I agree that they sound a bit pixies at times (they have cited them as major influences many times and have also covered "where's my mind" live.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12