I love how there is no love for Western NY....

AiCPearlJamWeenAiCPearlJamWeen Posts: 785
edited April 2008 in Other Music
What the hell STP, REM, Pearl Jam, Black Key's, NIN?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• What the hell STP, REM, Pearl Jam, Black Key's, NIN?

come on, now. there's no love for any of NY, other than NYC. every single band thinks NYC is the only place in the state that has a stage and seats.
    "Have you ever.........pooped a balloon?"
    ~D.K.S.
  • McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    i think more bands should be playing niagara falls, seneca niagara has made a point of getting some good acts, same goes for fallsview, but i don't see rochester attracting any of the aforementioned bands anytime soon
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • OdinOdin Posts: 599
    come on, now. there's no love for any of NY, other than NYC.

Albany and NY's Capital Region seems to get a lot of concerts that pass over Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, Utica, Watertown, etc. Don't know why, they just do.
  • The last huge band I saw at Rochester was NIN back in 06. Darien does attract great bands though (Petty, DMB etc.)
  • The last huge band I saw at Rochester was NIN back in 06. Darien does attract great bands though (Petty, DMB etc.)

ahh, that's right. i completely forgot about darien lake (well, six flags now....or has that changed again?)
    "Have you ever.........pooped a balloon?"
    ~D.K.S.
  • Changed back. But still, Blue Cross needs some loving (even if it does have shitty sound)...

I kind of regret starting this thread though seeing how I have seen some of my all time favorite bands in Rochester. Ween, Modest Mouse, NIN and a few others.
  • The economy in Western New York is in shambles. The population is declining at an alarming rate.
    "Mike McCready, he isn't from Chicago but I imagine he's Irish"

- Eddie Vedder- 6/18/03

• brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    thank god they don't come back to buffalo. who would want a repeat of 03 with new songs?

or state college?