Modest Mouse re-lit my faith in their performances....

AiCPearlJamWeenAiCPearlJamWeen Posts: 785
edited July 2008 in Other Music
I was going to post this on June 17th, a day after the MM show in Rochester. Now I have finally gotten to it. Man were they fucking on that night. I saw them in 07 in Rochester and they were horrible (mostly due to the venue and acoustics). So I went into this Rochester show (at the same venue) expecting so little that I wasn't that pumped for the show. But when they opened with Trucker Atlas I knew it was going to be special. Not only did they play Satan in a Coffin but also Dramamine with a kick ass add on at the end. There was hardly no sign of the new album which was alright with me but I would have liked to hear Fly Trapped in a Jar. They also DIDN'T play Float On or Missed the Boat which was also fine with me. They started the first encore with the Whale Song and ended the show nicely with Little Motel.

One of the better shows I have ever seen.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• HushBullHushBull Posts: 996
    I was going to post this on June 17th, a day after the MM show in Rochester. Now I have finally gotten to it. Man were they fucking on that night. I saw them in 07 in Rochester and they were horrible (mostly due to the venue and acoustics). So I went into this Rochester show (at the same venue) expecting so little that I wasn't that pumped for the show. But when they opened with Trucker Atlas I knew it was going to be special. Not only did they play Satan in a Coffin but also Dramamine with a kick ass add on at the end. There was hardly no sign of the new album which was alright with me but I would have liked to hear Fly Trapped in a Jar. They also DIDN'T play Float On or Missed the Boat which was also fine with me. They started the first encore with the Whale Song and ended the show nicely with Little Motel.

One of the better shows I have ever seen.

Awesome, I would love to see them live. Were they opening for REM?
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Whale song is so awesome.

They played parting of the sensory i've seen them twice since the new album came out and they played it both times :D it is one of my favs from that album!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Never played POTS at Rochester. I'm not a big fan of that song. But god what I would have given if they would have added Stars as Projectors. Oh well, they also played a fucking awesome version of Good Times are Killing Me and Wild Pack of Family Dogs.