Options

Damn, the new Live album is terrible

thecrackedjackthecrackedjack Posts: 148
edited April 2006 in Other Music
Got a chance to listen to it at a radio station that my friend works at today. Sorry to say but it's terrible. Sofia is a pretty good song, but that's about it. Wussy songs with little redeeming factors. I even kinda of Liked Birds of Prey, but not this. The production sounds like Birds of Prey but without a hint of rock. Take it as you like. I love the band, but this just sucks. Stay away when its released.

I do however, like the new Lacuna Coil that just released, so if any Coil fans want to chime in please do.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Got a chance to listen to it at a radio station that my friend works at today. Sorry to say but it's terrible. Sofia is a pretty good song, but that's about it. Wussy songs with little redeeming factors. I even kinda of Liked Birds of Prey, but not this. The production sounds like Birds of Prey but without a hint of rock. Take it as you like. I love the band, but this just sucks. Stay away when its released.

I do however, like the new Lacuna Coil that just released, so if any Coil fans want to chime in please do.

Yeah, from the clips I've heard it sounds really bad, all mid tempo soft rock shite. Where the hell did the old band who wrote songs like Lightning Crashes, All Over you etc go?
  • Options
    melodyman22melodyman22 Posts: 326
    i disagree i think the river is a good song and there new album will be good as all there albums are and birds of prey was a great cd what u people talking about
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    Live has pretty much been bad since Throwing Copper
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    Echoes wrote:

I liked the ones after throwing copper, cant remember what it was called now. There were a few good songs on dolphin's cry but they've gone downhill pretty rapidly now.

They're playing here in Scotland in June and i was planning going to see them cause i never have but i dont think i will be is the album is as bad as you say.
  • Options
    Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888

Some more than others obviously, but I like every album Live has put out. I had my worries about this album though being too cozy adult soft rock and thats what you seem to be saying. Ill still buy it and check it out for myself but my expectations arent too high.
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • Options
    Boekel ManBoekel Man Posts: 145
    Don't believe crackerjacker. He can't even spell 'Birds of Pray' correctly. ;)

SFBM is a solid album. Pop with a rock edge as mentioned before. The band has so much diversity in all albums now, they keep surprising me.

Standout tracks so far: Where Do We Go From Here?, Home, Show, Wings and Sofia.
    I like driving backwards in the fog, 'cause it doesn't remind of anything...
  • Options
    btb002btb002 Posts: 183
    Secret Sah..... whatever it is. Was actually a pretty good follow up to Throwing Copper. It's all gone downhill since then.
    You are just a negative mindless pud.
  • Options
    Throwing Copper will always be their best to me. I liked Secret Samahdi (sp) and Distance to Here but all the later ones are not that crash hot.
  • Options
    melodyman22melodyman22 Posts: 326
    songs from black mountain will be a great album all there albums are
  • Options
    karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    It fits with the album before this one then.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Options
    KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    The weakest album they made, it look likes the made this album with the automatic pilot! Even V was better.
  • Options
    toddiet123toddiet123 Posts: 271
    band has gone way downhill the last few releases. I'll wait until this record is 4-5 smash songs deep before I even think to grab it.
  • Options
    Clifwith1fClifwith1f Posts: 143
    Echoes wrote:

I agree. Birds of Prey was a disappointment, and I don't plan on buying another album of theirs.
  • Options
    alpittalpitt Posts: 91
    Used to be huge Live fan, bigger than I am PJ, but they consistently disappointed me after TDTH. Loved all their other albums, I struggled through V thinking it was just a phase, then Birds of Pray just missed the mark and I began to see what kind of band they're evolving into. This will be the first Live album I'm not buying, which is really depressing for me. If you get a chance to see a show though, I'd recommend it. They generally have high energy and play a lot of old stuff. But they still continue to try to tarnish my childhood/adolescent years.
    "I'm an ideas man Michael, I think I proved that with F*ck Mountain" -GOB
  • Options
    NakedClownNakedClown Posts: 545
    Who knows... maybe they'll surprise us 3 years from now with something substantially better...

Sophia is a kick ass song... but the rest of the album - from what I've heard - is weak...