Hear the title track from Audioslaves new album NOW!

thecrackedjackthecrackedjack Posts: 148
edited August 2006 in Other Music
On Xbox Live! There is a 720P video promoting Madden set to Revelations! I'm downloading it as we speak.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,148
    i'll have to check that out. thanks for letting us know.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Everyone's already heard it, about four times on their first album and about six times on their second album.

Give it up Chris, get on with the solo album.
  • pjmc320pjmc320 Posts: 32
    Is there any way this could be put up somewhere to download? I have xbox, but not xbox live, so any help would be appreciated!
    "We're not going to white-collar resort prison, we're going to federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison..." ~Michael Bolton, 'Office Space'
  • Everyone's already heard it, about four times on their first album and about six times on their second album.

I don't understand what your saying really. This song has never been heard outside of those select few who got to hear the CD at a listening party. Madden is the tracks debut.
  • I don't understand what your saying really. This song has never been heard outside of those select few who got to hear the CD at a listening party. Madden is the tracks debut.

He's saying all Audioslave songs sound the same.

Each to their own, but I love Audioslave and want to hear this song!
  • please PM me when you have it
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    this song sounds amazing...out of the 4 or 5 new Audioslave tracks Ive heard "Original Fire" is easily the weakest
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    I guarantee this is going to turn into another Audioslave argument thread.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • This album is going to be huge. I'm not the biggest fan but I have heard 5 of the tracks and this tack revelations has brocken the "verse chorus verse" thing that was hoding these guys back. Bring on sept 5.
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    This album is going to be huge. I'm not the biggest fan but I have heard 5 of the tracks and this tack revelations has brocken the "verse chorus verse" thing that was hoding these guys back. Bring on sept 5.

i agree-somehow, judging by the songs i have heard, im starting to feel that the title is very appropriate and that this album will be quite a triumph
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • could someone PM me with the track???

would be greatly appreciated... :)
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • and me please
    ...when a truant finds home....
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    http://deege2.free.fr/revelations/
    you can download the clip at the above site. Sounds excellent, and yes it does seem like the band are starting to move forwards with their song structures. I think the problem they had on the second record was that they had a big break in between and put out the first batch of material they could come up with, with this it seems like they are writing as a cohesive unit
    http://deege2.free.fr/revelations/
    you can download the clip at the above site. Sounds excellent, and yes it does seem like the band are starting to move forwards with their song structures. I think the problem they had on the second record was that they had a big break in between and put out the first batch of material they could come up with, with this it seems like they are writing as a cohesive unit

Thanks for the link! God damn, I love Chris' vocals during the last 5 or 6 seconds of that clip...they're either layered or Tim is doing backup, but either way it sounds great. I can tell Tom is heading into one of his typical solos as the clip fades out, but for some reason it sounds like it would fit great...can't wait for the 5th!!
    "We're not going to white-collar resort prison, we're going to federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison..." ~Michael Bolton, 'Office Space'
    pjmc320 wrote:
    Thanks for the link! God damn, I love Chris' vocals during the last 5 or 6 seconds of that clip...they're either layered or Tim is doing backup, but either way it sounds great. I can tell Tom is heading into one of his typical solos as the clip fades out, but for some reason it sounds like it would fit great...can't wait for the 5th!!

Yeah the layered vocals sound really cool, kind of reminds me of STP or something like that....oh and it's Chris' voice used as the backing vocals, Tim's voice is nowhere near strong enough to be used on a record!
    Yeah the layered vocals sound really cool, kind of reminds me of STP or something like that....oh and it's Chris' voice used as the backing vocals, Tim's voice is nowhere near strong enough to be used on a record!

Haha, yeah I guess you're right about Timmy C's voice

i just want to know which songs sound alike to you. then name a couple of your favorite bands besides pearl jam and audioslave. please
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • mike_s_6mike_s_6 Posts: 160
    Timmy C. sings Eddie's part of Hunger Strike when Audioslave covers it. I think he can really sing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R7VBL3sIM0

^ Video here. What's with Brad's attire?!
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Sounds pretty damn good alright.
    The stuff in Miami Vice is fuckin great.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • pjmc320 wrote:
    they're either layered or Tim is doing backup, but either way it sounds great.

I don't think it is Chris because he recently gave an interview where he said he hated hearing his voice stacked together in the background.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    The chorus to "Revelations" sounds really strong. I'm slowly getting more and more excited for this new album...
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • ToshalaToshala Posts: 200
    song sounds good........can't wait for Sept 5
    mike_s_6 wrote:
    Timmy C. sings Eddie's part of Hunger Strike when Audioslave covers it. I think he can really sing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R7VBL3sIM0

^ Video here. What's with Brad's attire?!

In all the videos I saw, Brad Wilk sang Ed's part on Hunger Strike.

I know Tim does most of the backing vocals live, but on record it nearly always sounds like Cornell.
    Timmy sings in the Hunger Strike concerts. In an interview of Timmy C., he mentions that
    Has your bass playing changed over the last couple of years?

Completely. Chris Cornell’s confidence in me has been really important, particularly because it’s forced me to work on singing and playing at the same time, which I never really did before. For example, we’ve been rehearsing the Temple Of The Dog song “Hunger Strike” for our tour and Cornell wants me to do Eddie Vedder’s part. At first I was like, “Are you kidding? I’m the bass player, dude!” But he inspired me to work on my vocals, so now I know the lyrics and backing harmonies to all our songs and I’ve dissected my bass lines to get at how the melodies and the lines work together. I’ll go right to my Martin acoustic bass and ’shed the vocals with the lines, and it’s helped me learn how my bass lines can best serve the songs.

Read about it here:
    http://www.bassplayer.com/story.asp?sectioncode=21&storycode=9509
    mike_s_6 wrote:
    Timmy sings in the Hunger Strike concerts. In an interview of Timmy C., he mentions that

Read about it here:
    http://www.bassplayer.com/story.asp?sectioncode=21&storycode=9509

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-3409078718051848771&q=hunger+strike - Brad Wilk singing Hunger Strike. I think Timmy C started doing it, until they realised Brad did a better job of it.

Here's more videos of wilk singing it:
    http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-2404458504253645704&q=hunger+strike
    http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-3721964660545447393&q=hunger+strike
    I knew you'd point me out to the videos of Brad singing them. Thanks!

EDIT: The sync is terrible :p