Audioslave-The Shape of Things to Come, HOLY SH*T!

thecrackedjackthecrackedjack Posts: 148
edited July 2006 in Other Music
wow, this song gave me the chills the first time I heard it. I don't really like Original Fire much, in comparison. It's in Miami Vice btw. It's kind of reminds me of Shadow of the Sun. Here's a short clip of it:
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=89FBF95D6EE24AC0
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    I went to Miami Vice partly to hear the new Audioslave songs...and I was not let down. This and Wide Awake are just fantastic.
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • ToshalaToshala Posts: 200
    as an AUDIOPHILE it's nice to read some positive words about the new songs...I saw MV last nite also and my friend and I upon recognizing Chris's voice just melted into our seats........love Toms different style and Brad and Timmy, nice all around.......Sept 5.............don't forget.......
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,148
    sounds good. i hope they tour for the new release.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    sounds good. i hope they tour for the new release.

considering they released OoE last year, toured, recorded Revelations, and will release Revelations Sept 5 and then Cornell has a solo record to make and a tour for that.....I'm not too sure about a Revelations tour just yet.

Some die just to live.
  • mike_s_6mike_s_6 Posts: 160
    We all love the lighter ones :) Why did they release Original Fire :(
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Sounds awesome, definitely a new type of sound for audioslave, you do realise there are two other sound clips from Miami vice too? there is another segment of Shape of things to come, and another new song called Wide awake (which sounds fucking incredible, it's about the hurricane katrina response(or lack of) - i don't have time to you send it them at the moment, but if you head over to audioslaved.com you should find links easily enough.
  • selfself Posts: 64
    Sounds good. So is this track definiteley gunna be on the album or was it written just for the film?
    self wrote:
    Sounds good. So is this track definiteley gunna be on the album or was it written just for the film?

Both of the songs in Miami Vice(Shape of Things to Come, Wide Awake) are confirmed to be on the album. I think their official website has the tracklist.

Some die just to live.
    OK i had to get another post in on the topic, Wide Awake sounds amazing, this could be the song that shuts all the Audioslave haters up, Cornell sounds great, the music is perfectly atmospheric, and the lyrics are really damning, i've got goosebumps listening to it!
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    LedZepFan wrote:
    I'm not too sure about a Revelations tour just yet.

Don't say that! I better not have spent $25 to be part of their fan club just to get a sticker and an 8x10... I want good seats at shows!
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • These songs are incredible from what i have heard. Releasing quality songs is the best way to hype an album.
    These songs are incredible from what i have heard. Releasing quality songs is the best way to hype an album.

Yeah, it just would have been nice if they had used something like Wide Awake as the first single instead of something as obvious as Original fire. I quite like Original fire, but it's nothing mind-blowing, but the melodies in both the other songs are just spine-chilling, and would have shown the other side of the band that most of the haters haven't bothered to listen to.
  • ToshalaToshala Posts: 200
    do the band have any say in what track is released to radio as a single? I'm not so sure..........and as far as the tour, considering Brad and his wife are awaiting the birth of their first child, pehaps that has something to do with putting off a tour.......and no one has heard of a CC solo tour.....he's only said he hopes to be done recording the record by the end of summer. Who knows when it'll be released?
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    I am all for solo Chris. This Audioslave music is shit, and I can't wait for it to be over with.
  • EnigmaEnigma Posts: 59
    Is this song available somewhere where I do not have to sign up? Thanks.
  • melodyman22melodyman22 Posts: 326
    I love how some people on here, say Audioslave's music is so bad. I agree Soundgardens music was better, but Audioslave's 1st record is great 2nd album good but not great. This new album if your a fan of Cornells go buy it sept.5 gonna be a good one.
  • i like what i am hearing... cant wait to hear the songs in full! i am excited by this album and the fact that morello has hinted they may be coming down to do the Big day out tour in january!
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No.5-+--+
    ~~~~~http://www.myspace.com/breakerfallpj~~~~~

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
  • Yeah so I saw Miami Vice tonight...the movie fucking blew so hard. Sucked beyond belief. But I heard the new Audioslave clips...the songs didn't really sound all that different from Out of Exile...infact the chorus of both songs sounded lame...like Dani California lame.
    Yeah so I saw Miami Vice tonight...the movie fucking blew so hard. Sucked beyond belief. But I heard the new Audioslave clips...the songs didn't really sound all that different from Out of Exile...infact the chorus of both songs sounded lame...like Dani California lame.

No they do not sound anywhere near danni california, seriously get your ears checked, they also don't sound like anything from OOE. the closest song (if any) they sound like is Shadow on the sun. Can I just clarify, did any of you people actually like ANYTHING Cornell did before AS? I know I'm coming off as being rude, but some people seem so unwilling to give anything Audioslave do a chance. You know there are a fair few Soundgarden songs I don't care for, and RATM ones for that matter, but it doesn't mean I would dismiss their entire bodies of work.
    Enigma wrote:
    Is this song available somewhere where I do not have to sign up? Thanks.

You don't have to sign up to yousendit
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    I went to Miami Vice not knowing that Audioslave had songs in the movie and when I heard Chris' voice and the softer sound of the song, and the guitar, I have to say I was really excited about it. I might just have to check out this album after all...
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • No they do not sound anywhere near danni california, seriously get your ears checked, they also don't sound like anything from OOE. the closest song (if any) they sound like is Shadow on the sun. Can I just clarify, did any of you people actually like ANYTHING Cornell did before AS? I know I'm coming off as being rude, but some people seem so unwilling to give anything Audioslave do a chance. You know there are a fair few Soundgarden songs I don't care for, and RATM ones for that matter, but it doesn't mean I would dismiss their entire bodies of work.

I really have tried to like Audioslave. Really. I've tried so hard. Their first album is pretty good in my eyes. Out Of Exile was ok....but nothing memorable. THen I heard Original Fire and wept. It was just not good. I feel bad for Tom he doesn't really do anything in that song. Shape of Things To Come sounded decent in the verse, but both songs have simple guitar chords following basslines for the chorus. What happened to Tom's mega riffs? They appear to be gone.
    I really have tried to like Audioslave. Really. I've tried so hard. Their first album is pretty good in my eyes. Out Of Exile was ok....but nothing memorable. THen I heard Original Fire and wept. It was just not good. I feel bad for Tom he doesn't really do anything in that song. Shape of Things To Come sounded decent in the verse, but both songs have simple guitar chords following basslines for the chorus. What happened to Tom's mega riffs? They appear to be gone.

Apparently there are some big riffs on the album, and as far as original Fire goes - I guess it just made the best radio single.

What I like about the other new songs is how restrained they sound, even I'll admit that some of their other songs follow a pretty similar formula, these seem to have different guitar effects, rhythms and more interesting vocals - which can only be a good thing.
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    No they do not sound anywhere near danni california, seriously get your ears checked, they also don't sound like anything from OOE. the closest song (if any) they sound like is Shadow on the sun. Can I just clarify, did any of you people actually like ANYTHING Cornell did before AS? I know I'm coming off as being rude, but some people seem so unwilling to give anything Audioslave do a chance. You know there are a fair few Soundgarden songs I don't care for, and RATM ones for that matter, but it doesn't mean I would dismiss their entire bodies of work.

He said that the songs sounded as lame as Danni California...not that the songs sounded like Danni California.

So, if he needs his ears checked, you need your eyes checked :p
  • Talk about adding some edge to a movie and punctuating a scene…No wonder everyone is trying to sign them for their projects.
    Yeah I happen to catch Miami Vice over the weekend and had no idea they were on the soundtrack. Sounded pretty fucking good to my ears…
    enharmonic wrote:
    He said that the songs sounded as lame as Danni California...not that the songs sounded like Danni California.

So, if he needs his ears checked, you need your eyes checked :p

Yeah I thought I was pretty much implying the songs were not as lame as danni califoria, clearly nobody would actually think they sound the same, thats like saying celine dion sounds like cradle of filth. Pedant. ;)
  • Talk about adding some edge to a movie and punctuating a scene…No wonder everyone is trying to sign them for their projects.
    Yeah I happen to catch Miami Vice over the weekend and had no idea they were on the soundtrack. Sounded pretty fucking good to my ears…
    "Shadow on the Sun" was used to great effect in that Jamie Foxx movie with Tom Cruise a year or two ago too.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
    "Shadow on the Sun" was used to great effect in that Jamie Foxx movie with Tom Cruise a year or two ago too.

Yeah it was, and more to the point, a Tom Cruise film that didn't suck balls!!!

it was called Collateral and was directed by the same guy who did Miami Vice-Michael Mann. From what I've seen of Collateral it is a fantastic movie but I have yet to see this famous "Shadow on the Sun" scene.

Some die just to live.