The Rebirth Of Oink

benjsbenjs Posts: 9,102
edited October 2007 in Other Music
For those of you who don't yet know, OiNK will be reborn at midnight PST tonight. The URL will be waffles.fm, those who don't believe me can check. The main page is quite uninformative, however the FAQs are quite helpful. http://xs.vc/waffles.fm/faq.php
Here's to the fact that technology is still ahead of the law :D
'05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Maybe I can finally get a invite to this site!
  • sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,034
    Am I fucking crazy for being paranoid about e-mailing them?
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,102
    I'd say so. The worst thing that can happen is that they discover your email address. Unless torrents are associated with an IP address, which I'm not sure if they are. So I don't know anymore lol.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Be Careful!!!
    I'm trying to drink away the part of the day I cannot sleep away...
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,102
    Q: How do we know you're not the cops?
    A: Well, honestly - you don't. If you don't feel comfortable joining, the best advice I can give you is - don't join.

Don't do it...if this was legit, then they would most likely expressly state that they have no affiliation with law enforcement. Corporations are cracking down harder than ever, and this seems to be a perfect opportunity for them to collect some change from the unwary criminals.

"Mere solicitation by the government is not sufficient to establish the defense of entrapment." United States v. Blackman, 950 F.2d 420, 423 (C.A.7 (Ind.), 1991).

BE CAREFUL!!!
    On one hand I'd like to believe that this is just weeding out the unfaithful, cheesy as it sounds. Also, on the former OiNK homepage is now just a link but there is a picture of waffles, along with the word waffles.
    On the other hand, you're right that it seems a little iffy. I'll be waiting 'til my friend does it, let him be the guinea pig :)

EV
  • Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    Anyone got in the site? They said that everyone who put their e-mail address on the mailing list last week would get an invite (I did and got nothing). Anyway, I have an invite to what.cd? if anyone wants to trade
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • mulva9mulva9 Posts: 417
    I'm gonna hold off for a while. Since I don't have an invite yet and because I want to see how it works out.