Slipknot's 2nd album (self-titled)

corycory Posts: 736
edited September 2007 in Other Music
Best metal record ever. Period. Last 30 seconds of Scissors should not be spoken of on public forums.

Also, Sepultura should only be listened to if you want to beat the shit out of 587 people afterwards.

Finally, Meshuggah is for those who want to realize you have no musical talent.

Been in a very agressive mood lately....
Revive the heart of the heartless...

Why would you start was has no end?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PJ-SinPJ-Sin Posts: 348
    cory wrote:
    Meshuggah is for those who want to realize you have no musical talent.

HA HA, dude that made me LOL! They def make you feel stupid some, no most of the time. Those damn swedes just don't do anything half assed...
  • corycory Posts: 736
    PJ-Sin wrote:
    HA HA, dude that made me LOL! They def make you feel stupid some, no most of the time. Those damn swedes just don't do anything half assed...

Their timing, if you want to call it that, is off the hook. They don't sound like anybody else, ever.

Their drummer may be the best who has ever played. His style isn't appreciated, but he can bang some skins.

• A few years ago I saw one of my favorates, Slayer, at a Tattoo the World festival. Unfortunately, Slipknot was headlining that night and I couldn't believe how awful they were. I walked away diring their set and just started making conversation with people to kill time as they played in the backround.
  • corycory Posts: 736
    A few years ago I saw one of my favorates, Slayer, at a Tattoo the World festival. Unfortunately, Slipknot was headlining that night and I couldn't believe how awful they were. I walked away diring their set and just started making conversation with people to kill time as they played in the backround.

I agree, live, they are shit.

But, the studio version of that record is intense.

• hodgehodge Posts: 519
    it is a really solid album for that genre

helped me through my grade 9 angst...lol
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    Slipnot blows, Sepultura on the other hand, fuckin rock.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Im not a big fan of slipknot but when they played with metallica in dublin they kicked fuckin ass!! Trivium are taking over the metal scene!! If you havent heard of trivium you gotta fuckin check em out
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    cory wrote:
    Best metal record ever. Period. Last 30 seconds of Scissors should not be spoken of on public forums.

Also, Sepultura should only be listened to if you want to beat the shit out of 587 people afterwards.

Finally, Meshuggah is for those who want to realize you have no musical talent.

Been in a very agressive mood lately....

half of it is excellent, half i dont listen to.
    i actually prefer iowa, just a harder sound to it. but that album has the same problem.

Live the band is ten times better than their studio versions....without question......or at least they used to be when corey had his strong voice.
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    M A S T O D O N
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    I like shawdow's Fall the best!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis