Is it me?

corycory Posts: 736
edited January 2008 in Other Music
Or does Radiohead suck shit? I was listening to a cd my brother made of a lot of their stuff. Sure...ANY band on earth has 2 or 3 good songs. EVEN CREED has 2 or 3 songs every motherfucker on here can sing word for word, but that doesn't mean you're good. Different? I'll agree with that. Worth fuck? Nope.

The lead singer sings like he has a yeast infection.

Love,

Cory
Revive the heart of the heartless...

Why would you start was has no end?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• cory wrote:
    Or does Radiohead suck shit? I was listening to a cd my brother made of a lot of their stuff. Sure...ANY band on earth has 2 or 3 good songs. EVEN CREED has 2 or 3 songs every motherfucker on here can sing word for word, but that doesn't mean you're good. Different? I'll agree with that. Worth fuck? Nope.

Love,

Cory
    alot of my friends like them. i could careless.

ive been listening to Carl Perkins alot lately :cool:
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    i agree.....never got the radiohead thing....i can fall asleep just fine on my own....:)
  • Yeah, I don't care for Radiohead, I dont understand when people recommend them to me - based on my other musical choices they are almost surprised when I say I dont really care for them...but, I don't know maybe it's my ears.
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,265
    i'm a casual listener don't own any of their catalogue ..just songs i have downloaded ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • corycory Posts: 736
    alot of my friends like them. i could careless.

ive been listening to Carl Perkins alot lately :cool:

Shamefully, I've never given his stuff much of a try. I do know this....his biggest song (Blue Suede Shoes) came about when he was playing in a bar one night. A guy was dancing with a woman in front of Carl and she stepped on the dude's boots. They, of course, were made of blue suede and the guy told the girl not to step on his blue suede shoes. Later that night, Carl woke up at 2 in the morning and wrote that song in its entirety.

Pretty cool.

cory wrote:
    Shamefully, I've never given his stuff much of a try. I do know this....his biggest song (Blue Suede Shoes) came about when he was playing in a bar one night. A guy was dancing with a woman in front of Carl and she stepped on the dude's boots. They, of course, were made of blue suede and the guy told the girl not to step on his blue suede shoes. Later that night, Carl woke up at 2 in the morning and wrote that song in its entirety.

Pretty cool.

being a guitarist, you should really check carl out.....:)
    Good...so we're all in agreement. Radiohead could not suck more dong than they already do.

Thanks for playing.

If I ever see that Thom Yorke or whatever the fuck his name is, I'm punching him in the throat to put us all at ease.

• It's you. It's definitely you.
  • cool story

radiohead have a banging couple of early albums but i couldnt give a d about anything this side of ok computer and i was lukewarm about that,

street spirit is a classic though. Thats the only song i think justifies the hype, but yeh i dop know what you mean. a couple of my mates dont get how i can love up pj but not radiohead...
    cutback wrote:
    being a guitarist, you should really check carl out.....:)

I know he was a player. I've seen clips of him on tv going toe to toe with Clapton in a jam off. He was a bad motherfucker. No doubt. Maybe I will give him another try. The Perkins gene has always scared me. Those bitches are insane.

• cory wrote:
    Good...so we're all in agreement. Radiohead could not suck more dong than they already do.

Thanks for playing.

If I ever see that Thom Yorke or whatever the fuck his name is, I'm punching him in the throat to put us all at ease.

Could you not have put this in Other Music?
    It's you. It's definitely you.

Have you read the other posts in this thread? Apparently not.

Post a youtube clip of your favorite Radiohead disaster and see if you can change OUR minds.

point of clarification.....

i do own the album with 'creep' on it......i like that song.....couldn't name another one on the album though.....:o
    Could you not have put this in Other Music?

Yes...but MY fucking people are in this forum. Why would I post this in a forum with 6 readers?

Stop policing the message board.

Thanks.

• If you like good-sounding music, then you probably don't like Radiohead.

If you're a snotty music goof who's concerned with "having good taste", then you probably love em to death.
  • punching him in the throat may be a bit extreme...maybe a swift kick to his nuggets to free up whatever the hell caused the yeast infection to begin with ;)
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
    Saturnal wrote:
    If you like good-sounding music, then you probably don't like Radiohead.

If you're a snotty music goof who's concerned with "having good taste", then you probably love em to death.

What a great fucking post.

;)

• cory wrote:
    Yes...but MY fucking people are in this forum. Why would I post this in a forum with 6 readers?

Because you know everyone will agree with you on here. :)
    Because you know everyone will agree with you on here. :)

I have about 10 bannings that would disagree with your theory:)

• cory wrote:
    Have you read the other posts in this thread? Apparently not.

Post a youtube clip of your favorite Radiohead disaster and see if you can change OUR minds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_mMzOQpe0I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC22Lcxumgk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBsLFNcnwGM
  • bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    I always thought Radiohead had nothing more than Karma Police and Creep. But, since my friend is a HUUUUGE Radiohead fan, I've heard some stuff on road trips and such. It took awhile, but I'm not HATING what I've heard. It's not that bad. I probably have 20 Radiohead songs on my computer, and I'm liking them. I'm liking the new album!

I can't imagine an instance in my life where I would be in the frame of mind to listen to that woman sing.

I'm a little more aggressive than that shit. Have a listen for yourself. This song came out of my soul...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvDw04wy0cc

• cory wrote:
    I have about 10 bannings that would disagree with your theory:)

You may be right there! :D;)
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    the bends is a great album, it's one of my faves. and i'm getting into the new one, it's a grower. but that's just me...i listen to all sorts of stuff, hard, quiet, blah blah blah
    the bends is a great album, it's one of my faves. and i'm getting into the new one, it's a grower. but that's just me...i listen to all sorts of stuff, hard, quiet, blah blah blah

You're not helping;)

• chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    cory wrote:
    You're not helping;)
    :o

well yeah so thom yorke couldn't win in an alley fight, and i could probably kick his ass (actually, i know i could haha) but there's a time and place for all sorts of tuneage i figure

i'm not ultra gay for 'em like i am for PJ so i love ya anyway :)
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,707
    Not sold on all the hype...they understate themselves too much for me.
    When There, There hit the airwaves as the single from Hail to the Thief, I liked the last minute or so of the song when it kicked, especially the guitar solo, which was way too short, but it just took to long to get there. I think I'd like them more if they'd just rock out a bit (or more accurately a lot) more. And get some penicillin to clear that nasty yeast infection up.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    cory wrote:

Love,

Cory

yeah they suck big donkey ones. never been a fan.
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    I love that song CREEP...it is great!

Other than that song, they all just sound like depressed emos before emo was around.

I can still listen to Radiohead rather then Fall out Boy or the Killers or AFI..

EMO MUSIC SUCKS!
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."