Holy eclectic horseshit Batman!

corycory Posts: 736
edited April 2007 in Other Music
Look people. I've read your comments on other bands. It seems like some of you lose "respect" for people who don't like bands you're passionate about. Whatever. Let me be the first to say I don't give a fuck if you respect me or not. I've got my friends on here. I've got my enemies too. But if I think MMJ or Kings of Leon suck, then they fucking suck according to me. I've researched them out myself. Heard what I could stand to listen to and my verdict is in.

But time after time I see all these fucking "well, maybe you need to broaden your musical taste" comments. For who? You? Fuck that. I buy what I want and listen to what I want. I don't need help from any of your asses on convincing me if music is good.

Then I see "well, so and so has these 2 good songs". Really? That's great. Maybe I should listen to those 2 songs for the next 3 years while they're writing a new album that will inevitably suck.

Point is, don't pat yourself on the back too hard for liking 38 different bands. There's not that much good music out there.

My band is Pearl Jam. Fuck all your little weak ass bands.

Comments? I fucking hope so....
Revive the heart of the heartless...

Why would you start was has no end?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    settle down, francis.
  • direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    Somebody's cranky.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • corycory Posts: 736
    brain of c, come on dude. You know that I use explicatives like most people use a, an or the. Anyway, I think it's funny when the lot of you are called out on a character flaw which is to judge people by taking respect away from them for liking bands that you think suck.

I don't make the rules. I just call 'em like I see 'em.

• i like matt.ci like matt.c Posts: 1,121
    i like what you're saying...without the anger.
    but i still think KOL are good...according to me
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    kol are great! cory, take a chill,...
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
    I've got news for you. No point ever made on a message board without *anger will ever go noticed.

*I like to use passion instead of the word anger. When I'm kneeled over a body I just knocked unconcious and peed on, that's when I use the term anger.

Potato - Potahto

• DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    I agree with the principle, definitely... but when you criticize people's favorite bands in the insensitive, expletive-riddled way that you do (even if it's in jest), you have to expect people to get offended and lose their respect for you.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
    just be careful how you spread the news.... it's cool!
    cory wrote:
    brain of c, come on dude. You know that I use explicatives like most people use a, an or the. Anyway, I think it's funny when the lot of you are called out on a character flaw which is to judge people by taking respect away from them for liking bands that you think suck.

I don't make the rules. I just call 'em like I see 'em.

me, too.

take a fucking nap.
    DOSW wrote:
    I agree with the principle, definitely... but when you criticize people's favorite bands in the insensitive, expletive-riddled way that you do (even if it's in jest), you have to expect people to get offended and lose their respect for you.

I don't seek respect. Why would I want to be respected by words on a screen? I'm just being honest. The curse words are there to add color.

This is not Utopia people.

brain of c wrote:
    me, too.

take a fucking nap.

I still like you. Maybe you should step away. I don't want to burn any bridges with you at this point.

cory wrote:
    I don't seek respect. Why would I want to be respected by words on a screen? I'm just being honest. The curse words are there to add color.

This is not Utopia people.

this is utopia

City in my head
    Utopia
    Heaven in my body
    Utopia
    It's time for me
    For me to go.

City in my head
    Utopia
    Heaven in my body
    Utopia
    Into the sky
    It rises now.
    cory wrote:
    I still like you. Maybe you should step away. I don't want to burn any bridges with you at this point.

i like you too. don't burn bridges, you may need them later.
    I'm going to bed. I do wish that you people would discuss this topic a little further this evening. It makes for great discussion.

Thanks brain of c. Anybody else but you and I would have been in "DOG MODE" on that ass.

I think it's your font size. Have a good evening everybody...

cory wrote:

Then why did you start a thread about it? Methinks you're contradicting yourself...
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    if you dont care about garnering respect or whatever or if you don't care what we think, why are you posting hoping we'll reply?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    DOSW wrote:
    Then why did you start a thread about it? Methinks you're contradicting yourself...

DOSW,

I don't understand your question. I'm in no way contradicting myself. Expound.

• soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    cory wrote:
    Look people. I've read your comments on other bands. It seems like some of you lose "respect" for people who don't like bands you're passionate about. Whatever. Let me be the first to say I don't give a fuck if you respect me or not. I've got my friends on here. I've got my enemies too. But if I think MMJ or Kings of Leon suck, then they fucking suck according to me. I've researched them out myself. Heard what I could stand to listen to and my verdict is in.

But time after time I see all these fucking "well, maybe you need to broaden your musical taste" comments. For who? You? Fuck that. I buy what I want and listen to what I want. I don't need help from any of your asses on convincing me if music is good.

Then I see "well, so and so has these 2 good songs". Really? That's great. Maybe I should listen to those 2 songs for the next 3 years while they're writing a new album that will inevitably suck.

Point is, don't pat yourself on the back too hard for liking 38 different bands. There's not that much good music out there.

hell yes. even though i like a lot of those bands, if someone doesn't like it, they don't like it. why force yourself to like something? why buy a cd that has 2 good songs and a dozen mediocre pieces of noise? you shoulda been posting in my other band about liking music that's not so damn pretentious.
    if you dont care about garnering respect or whatever or if you don't care what we think, why are you posting hoping we'll reply?

Well, catefrances, the subject matter itself is detached from me personally. What you write about it is great and is probably a welcome read.

However, I am detached from it. So ask yourself this. Do you and I know each other? Could you point me out in a line up at a police dept? Then why would I care what you think about me? Really? Just being realistic.

cory wrote:
    DOSW,

I don't understand your question. I'm in no way contradicting myself. Expound.

You say you're not asking for anyone's respect. Okay, great. But then you start a thread whining about how people should stop telling you to "broaden your horizons." According to your philosophy, shouldn't you simply not care if anyone thinks your music taste is limited? No... you obviously do care, because you made a thread about it.
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    cory wrote:

You took the words right out of my mouth, except you didn't call anybody a cunt. Other than that you're spot on.

Arcade Fire sucks. Yes. Sorry.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    cory wrote:
    Well, catefrances, the subject matter itself is detached from me personally. What you write about it is great and is probably a welcome read.

However, I am detached from it. So ask yourself this. Do you and I know each other? Could you point me out in a line up at a police dept? Then why would I care what you think about me? Really? Just being realistic.

exactly. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    DOSW wrote:
    You say you're not asking for anyone's respect. Okay, great. But then you start a thread whining about how people should stop telling you to "broaden your horizons." According to your philosophy, shouldn't you simply not care if anyone thinks your music taste is limited? No... you obviously do care, because you made a thread about it.

You're actually incorrect. The comments I posted were comments I read that were directed at other people. I've never been told that. I appreciate your Perry Mason-like approach to the case but I'm merely speaking for some of those I saw who wouldn't speak back. All of this was done at the same time I was still not giving a fuck whether I "earned" your respect. I doesn't matter to me. Think about it this way and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Cory :"DOSW doesn't like me and it has me down"

Boss: "Who's DOSW?"

Cory: "I don't know."

Boss: "What do you mean you don't know?"

Cory: Well, I don't know if it's a dude. I don't know where it lives. I've never seen it. But, I let the thought of it ruin my days and cause my work to suffer and payments to get missed."

Do you see now DOSW? I don't give a shit if you respect me or not. That's the truth.

• Alex_Coe wrote:
    Arcade Fire sucks. Yes. Sorry.

According to you they suck. According to me they don't.
    yeah everyone is entitled to their opinion without someone saying they suck. whats the saying, don't say anything unless its good? whats negativity do? not anything good.