Bon Scott vs Brian Johnson

melodyman22melodyman22 Posts: 326
edited May 2007 in Other Music
which acdc singer do you think was better, although both are good i like Bon Scott better
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i like brian johnson much better. he didn't have to strain at all to get that sound unlike mr. scott. bon scott gets all hunched over and looks like he's about to die when he sings. plus brian johnson sounds loads better. "dirty deeds done dirt cheap" is awesome.
    "No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead."
  • JellyrollsJellyrolls Posts: 523
    Bon Scott.
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    i like brian johnson much better. he didn't have to strain at all to get that sound unlike mr. scott. bon scott gets all hunched over and looks like he's about to die when he sings. plus brian johnson sounds loads better. "dirty deeds done dirt cheap" is awesome.

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap was sung by Bon Scott in 1976. The album was released in 1981 after his death but the original was released in 1976 in Australia. So if you think Johnson sounds better on that song, you might want to look up the facts. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000006TG6/103-5984721-8485424?v=glance
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    "No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead."
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    my apologies, i have my singers mixed up.

Not a problem. Bon Scott was AC/DC though Brian Johnson is a viable replacement. Back In Black pretty much proved that Brian could at least come close to filling those shoes. I prefer the stuff with Bon but both are good.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    very hard pick..but i have to say Bonnie cos during his era AC/DC din release any bad albums.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • lumpyfredlumpyfred Posts: 243
    I'd have to say Bon just for Powerage and Highway to Hell alone. God bless that man.
    Her?
  • Bon
    His best singing: Its a Long Way to the Top
    Wave came crashing...
  • chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    Bon Scott all the way. Although Brain Johnson has done the best job in being a new lead singer for a band in my opinion.
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
  • Brian Johnson did a great job but Bon Scott will always be the voice of AC/DC to me.
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    I dig the Bon Scott era stuff...Ride On is still one of my all time favorite AC/DC tunes.

Brian is no slouch...he stepped in and made a smooth transition.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • belfast1belfast1 Posts: 788
    Brian Johnson on account of his performance on Back in Black
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    I can't pick a favorite, but I give Brian so much props for being able to fill in for Bon the way he did.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • offhegoes09offhegoes09 Posts: 327
    Definately BON BON
    "The whole world will be different soon"
  • augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    MCG wrote:
    I can't pick a favorite, but I give Brian so much props for being able to fill in for Bon the way he did.

I toally agree with this :)

It must have been very difficult to replace Bon but when they found Brian they definitely found the best.

Back In Black is enough proof I'll ever need
  • Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    Great job by Brian Johnson and I love AC/DCs stuff with him, but Bon Scott was the fuckin man. Jailbreak kicks my ass!
  • Bangers_n_mashBangers_n_mash Posts: 1,241
    Definitely prefer Bon.
    But I've no problems at all with Brian. I just hope I get to see them live someday.
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    chris05 wrote:
    Bon Scott all the way. Although Brain Johnson has done the best job in being a new lead singer for a band in my opinion.

That's how exactly I am thinking about AC/DC singers...Replacing a singer is the death of a band but not in the case of AC/DC !:p :cool:
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London