Comets On Fire

hendrix78hendrix78 Posts: 507
edited September 2006 in Other Music
Anybody else dig this band? I just got their new album, Avatar, and it's great. 60's psychedelic jazz-rock with a punk edge to it. I had their previous album, Blue Cathedral, and liked it, but thought the songs were too buried by the effects and distortion. The playing is much clearer on this album and I think the music is much stronger for it. The guitar player is great and the drummer is a monster. If you're looking for something new with a classic rock vibe to it, check these guys out.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    I have Blue Cathedral and love it. I will get their new one soon.
  • they totally rock !
    probably one of the most rocking bands at the moment ... and they're on sub pop !
    11/25/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/26/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/28/05 - Porto Alegre, BR
    06/01/07 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/16/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/17/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/19/08 - Buenos Aires
  • this is a fantastic album and is well up there in the best albums of the year.. along with grizzly bear and the drones
  • OdinOdin Posts: 599
    I agree with everything you wrote, hendrix78, from how good their music is to how awesome their drummer is to how the distorted sounds detract from the overall quality.
  • this is a fantastic album and is well up there in the best albums of the year.. along with grizzly bear and the drones

Is the new Drones already out in Aus?? The one after Wait By the....

Oh yeah, Comets On Fire. What a freaking good band. I need to witness their live stuff some day.
    "If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done"

If you can't get high on purely music and the sounds that you hear, you're missing out on something.
  • new drones has been out for about 2 weeks.. it sawesome.. if you order it off Jbhifi.com you get a free sharkfin blues 7 inch...
  • new drones has been out for about 2 weeks.. it sawesome.. if you order it off Jbhifi.com you get a free sharkfin blues 7 inch...

Thanks dude. I haven't been checking out on them for a while so I totally forgot that their new album was out in the summer. Thanks!

Cheers.
    "If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done"

If you can't get high on purely music and the sounds that you hear, you're missing out on something.
  • allright, good to know that there is love for this band here ! :)
    11/25/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/26/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/28/05 - Porto Alegre, BR
    06/01/07 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/16/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/17/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/19/08 - Buenos Aires
  • unfortunatley there is not enough drones love though or my other favourite band at the moment.. centro-matic...