Stone Roses - Second Coming

hendrix78hendrix78 Posts: 507
edited March 2007 in Other Music
I did a search and didn't see any threads, so if this is a repeat, my bad.

I just wanted to say how underrated I think this album is. When people talk about it, they always talk about what a let down it was. While I agree there's nothing as great on it as I Wanna Be Adored, I Am the Resurrection, or Fool's Gold, it's still a damn solid rock record.

I'm listening to it right now, and I gotta say, John Squire's guitar work on it is worth the price of admission alone. Lot's of cool, funky bluesy grooves on this one.

Does anyone else think this album has been judged too harshly?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pearlzepfanpearlzepfan Posts: 456
    It gets better with age. It seems like most americans seem to think this is a great album while the brits see it as a let down like you said. Me, while I agree that there is nothing as great as the high points on their debut, it's still a well rounded rock record
    "I'm a thief, and I dig it"
  • hendrix78hendrix78 Posts: 507
    It's definitely more of a hard rock sound than their first album, so I can see how some fans of the first album would be disappointed if they wanted a more dreamy sound. I personally love the bluesy, rocking, Zeppelin-esque stuff.
  • leavin hereleavin here Posts: 145
    I just got some more Stone Roses last night, how convienent that there is a thread now. I like them cause they are just pretty chill to listen to.
    I wanna Be Adored is a very sentimental song for me and it just kills me sometimes, I love it.
    Vancouver 09/02/05, so far so good
  • Love this album!! John Squire's guitar work is awesome. Does anybody own the first album? What is it like? How does it compare/contrast to Second Coming. I wish they would have put out more stuff.
    "She knows there is no success like failure
    And that failure's no success at all."

"Don't ya think its sometimes wise not to grow up."

"Cause life ain't nothing but a good groove
    A good mixed tape to put you in the right mood."