Deftones

JPS79JPS79 Posts: 148
edited August 2006 in Other Music
Any news on when the new album might see the light of day?
Seems the more you make
equals the loneliness you get
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    last i heard was May-August
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    Going to see them in April.
    Taste of Chaos tour.
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • sorry i didn´t hear anything!!!
  • at least we got the b-sides album to keep us all going, the cover of simple man is particularly good!
    no additives, preservatives, or artificial colouring
    Evensolo05 wrote:
    at least we got the b-sides album to keep us all going, the cover of simple man is particularly good!
    oh yes..thats my fave track as well on that compilation!
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • Evensolo05 wrote:
    at least we got the b-sides album to keep us all going, the cover of simple man is particularly good!

personally i love the acoustic version of be quiet and drive.
    www.facebook.com/PandoraApparel
  • Can't be doing with only B Sides - need the proper album post-haste...
    Decipher the illusion, know the facts but retain the magic.
  • Just got done listening to the self-titled. It should be in May.
  • I want to see them @ taste of chaos so bad...but i'll be in Tokyo.
    I'm really dissapointed, but I think I can't really complain considering the alternative!
    "The whole world will be different soon"
    Launch Radio Networks reports: DEFTONES has set September 12 as the release date for its fifth album, the band's management has told Launch. No title has been revealed yet for the disc, which the band has been working on for the better part of two years. Drummer Abe Cunningham recently told Billboard.com that internal strife nearly broke DEFTONES apart during the making of the record, saying, "I don't want to sit here and complain because these things happen to everyone, but if there was a VH1 'Behind The Music' special on us, it would be the perfect episode."

The group originally began working on the project with legendary ALICE COOPER and PINK FLOYD producer Bob Ezrin, but replaced him with its regular producer, Terry Date.

The recording process was also halted while singer Chino Moreno toured with his side band, TEAM SLEEP.

DEFTONES are currently on the Taste Of Chaos tour with THRICE, ATREYU, STORY OF THE YEAR and others. The trek is in its final week and stops tomorrow night (Saturday, April 8) in Saskatoon, Canada.

YNWA
  • genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    I went to see them on Wednesday night.
    A Taste of Chaos tour.
    Very good.
    Now if only he could keep his pants from sliding down...
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
    genevieve wrote:
    Now if only he could keep his pants from sliding down...
    lol!
    i remember once in 2001 he pulled his pants down completely and tucked in his dick under his legs...boy was Chino wasted that night

YNWA
  • http://www.deftones.com/5_2/photos/5.html

im a fucking star. thats me in the background. i just found this today. that was in detroit at the taste of chaos tour. what are the chances of that pic getting took and put on the official site.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
    latest update on the new album
    Launch Radio Networks report: The DEFTONES have now reportedly set October 3 as the release date for the band's long-awaited fifth album, according to various online sources, although neither the group's web site nor its record label have confirmed the new date. DEFTONES guitarist Stephen Carpenter recently told Launch that the CD, which has been in the making for two years, was nearly finished. "I wanna say it's sitting at that, like, 95 percentile, you know what I mean?" he said. "The only reason I can't give you the 100 percent done on it is 'cause I haven't heard all the songs with all the vocals, you know. The vocals have been the last of what needs to be done, and as far as I know, Chino's (Moreno, singer) been working the vocals every day so far, so I mean, I just haven't heard the completed stuff."

A title for the new DEFTONES CD has yet to be determined, although a song called "Hole In The Earth" is the tentative first single.

YNWA
    check out the new single here

http://www.myspace.com/deftones

YNWA
  • vmfuryvmfury Posts: 1,091
    I look forward to the new album and seeing them live again. LOVE Deftones. :D
    We’ll meet again, but not yet…not yet. 
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,148
    anybody here ever see them live?

honestly i didn't think they were that good but maybe it was just that night.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • vmfuryvmfury Posts: 1,091
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

I saw them at Summer Sanitarium and thought they were really good.
    We’ll meet again, but not yet…not yet. 
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

I SAW THEM LAST NIGHT WITH KORN :D DEFTONES DID ONE HELL OF A JOB AND CHINO SOUNDED GREAT! THEY WERE BETTER LAST NIGHT THAN THE LAST FEW TIMES IVE SEEN THEM, I DONT KNOW WHY. MY ONLY COMPLAINT WAS SHORT SET!!! :eek: BUT KORN.......OH....MY......GOD!!! NEED MORE KORN!!!!! CANT GET ENOUGH!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    i've seen 'em 3x's

they fucking rock.. cant wait for ToC Sept 15th here in Philly..

they posted their new single "hole in the earth" on their myspace page.. go check it out.. http://www.myspace.com/deftones
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    believe it or not i just saw these guys for the first time in March during the Taste of Chaos tour and they kicked ass....too bad Family Values got cancelled here in St. Louis because i was looking foward to seeing them again