Options

Behind The Music (Pantera)

THE LOOKTHE LOOK Posts: 324
edited May 2006 in Other Music
Anyone else see this? It was really sad about what happened to "Dimebag." They even showed some footage of the gunman on stage.
Bigfoot is blurry.
- Mitch Hedberg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    I watched it too. I think out of respect they should not have shown that footage. But I guess Vinnie wanted the world to see the horror of what happened. It is also ashame to see how He Said/She Said can ruin a great band. Phil, Vinnie and Dimebag should have sat down and worked things out, but egos and pride got in the way.

I felt like playing Far Beyond Driven after watching that last night. But I am still hooked on the new PJ. Maybe over the weekend.
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    haven't seen it but I can imagine how sad the last part of it would have been.
    it's sad that we will never ever hear or see the greatest metal band perform and bless us with new music ever again .

and yeh..i would have prefered if they din show those scenes too.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    Never saw it, but i cant believe they showed that. Some viewers are gonna be complaining about that part i think.
  • Options
    DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    The footage only showed a glimpse of the shooter, and wasn't particularly graphic. I actually have a harder time watching the footage of Great White at the Station as the fire climbs the walls. There is a bit of footage of the cop who eventually kills the shooter, and you can clearly hear the shotgun blast. I did appreciate the viewpoint of the roadie who got shot in 3 places while wrestling for the gun, "Stop fucking shooting all my friends."

It was a shame that the highpoint of Pantera's career (Vulgar Display and Far Beyond Driven) was glossed over while Dime's death got about 25 minutes of coverage.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • Options
    RAT!RAT! Posts: 115
    I watched it and as fucked up as it is what happened to Dime I dont like how

their putting all on Phil
  • Options
    Pearls&StonesPearls&Stones Posts: 585
    Phil seems like a jackass though. I watched that last night and Phil did nothing to win me over.

I saw Pantera in 2001 because my friend had an extra ticket. I had no opinion either way about them, but they played a hell of a show. Now I am really glad I went.

That was really sad.
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • Options
    D Lo BrownD Lo Brown Posts: 132
    damnit Pantera this beer is warm.
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    THE LOOK wrote:
    Anyone else see this? It was really sad about what happened to "Dimebag." They even showed some footage of the gunman on stage.
    My friend and I were watching this last night, and it was very sad. My friend thought it was cool to see his friend Vinnie Paul on tv though. But, yes, that episode of BTM is so Sad. It is a shame that Phil's problems made the band grow distant, and that we have to have crazy ass people in this world, who are selfish, and decide to kill a very talented musician, all because he is pissed off that Pantera members had moved on to new music, and started something else where they could be happy and play music for fun again. My friend ran into Vinnie Paul two weeks ago here in Big D at the Edgar Winter concert, and Vinnie seems to be doing alright. He is working on some tribute projects for Dime.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    For anyone interested, I got to meet Terry Glaze last year at the Dallas Guitar show, and although he was fired from Pantera, before they made it big, and recorded their debut, I just thought I would mention that Terry has a band called Lord Tracy. We watched them open for Joe Bonamassa. Just thought I'd share for people who like to check out band members other projects.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    youtube has the show online now
    http://youtube.com/results?search=pantera+behind+music&search_type=search_videos&search=Search

anyone got a downloadable version though?
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    DocChicago wrote:
    It was a shame that the highpoint of Pantera's career (Vulgar Display and Far Beyond Driven) was glossed over while Dime's death got about 25 minutes of coverage.

i was a HUGE fan of Pantera when they were around and Dimebags death was a tragedy and what makes it worse is that it happened on stage while playing, that just adds to the horrificness off it....

the other sad thing is that Pantera will be known for two things that will overshadow the music....Anselmo vs the band and the death of Dimebag

i thought the behind the music thing was pretty well put together and gave great insight to the band and what happened that tragic night and im glad they talked to Anselmo...i just wish they would have let him attend the funeral rather than them holding shit over his head...i like the part at the end when Anselmo said "i need Vinnie and i know Vinnie needs me"

RIP Dimebag
  • Options
    yeah, i saw that too. sad about dimebag
  • Options
    TowermanTowerman Posts: 228
    It was very sad, but the part that struck me the most was when Dime's girlfriend, Rita said that before the funeral Phil was in Dallas trying to contact them and they wouldn't answer him until somebody said that if no one was going to answer him he was just going to show up there and then Rita gets the phone and told Phil that if she sees him there she was going to blow his head off.

I'm glad I got to see Dimebag a week before his passing playing Irving Plaza with Damageplan. The man destroyed the place as usual and even played a 5+ minute solo, something that he never could've done with Pantera because according to Vinnie Paul, Phil wouldn't let him.
    speaking as a child of the 90's
  • Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    I didn't even know they still made Behind the Music....but anyway, from what I have read so far, it is very sad and tragic though about Pantera. i wish they could have reconcil, sometimes life is too short to hold over grudges.

Shit! Pantera was one of the few metal bands out of the 90s that I liked. They saved metal in the 90s and brought it back to it's edgeness. When I heard about Dimebag being killed, i was pissed off and sad about it. Why?! It pissed me off so much, that creep just killed him while he was on stage just b/c the band broke up! :mad: So sad. :(

RIP Dimebag...we miss you.
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    Shit! Pantera was one of the few metal bands out of the 90s that I liked.
    hell yeh they are.
    and they always delivered on each album...always heavier than the previous.
    the last segment of Behind the Music was really hard to watch...
    I feel bad for Phil as well..people say stupid things when they are pissed..i guess he should be forgiven and they should have let him attend the funeral at least.

YNWA