If anyone cares, Alice In Chains news

dcjammerdcjammer Posts: 2
edited February 2006 in Other Music
Forget the now, become the future
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    oh hell fuggin yes. im there already.
    i remember you...i was gonna vote for you one time...but voting isn't cool so i stayed home and got trashed on listerine.
  • Options
    senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    I was at the Tsunami benefit shows. One of the best concerts EVER!

I was kinda hoping they'd get Pat Lachman to sing.....

Thanks for the news!
  • Options
    No, actually I don't care...
    7/12/03--10/1/04--10/3/05--5/31/06--6/3/06--6/24/08--10/31/09--10/19/13--10/22/13
  • Options
    Lsk6453Lsk6453 Ponte Vedra, FL Posts: 550
    I posted it earlier, but with all the WWS posts, it fell quick.

It won't be the same w/o Layne, but I am there. I never got to see them in concert back in the day.
    Shows attended: 38

7/5/98 Dallas, 10/17/00 Dallas, 4/30/03 Uniondale, 7/8/03 MSG 1, 7/9/03 MSG 2, 9/28/04 Boston 1, 9/29/04 Boston 2, 10/03/05 Philly, 4/15/06 SNL, 5/5/06 Irving Plaza, 5/13/06 Hartford, 6/1/06 NJ 1, 6/3/06 NJ 2, 6/20/08 Camden, 6/27/08 Hartford, 7/1/08 The Beacon, 10/27/09 Philly, 10/28/09 Philly, 10/30/09 Philly, 10/31/09 Philly, 5/20/10 MSG, 5/21/10 MSG, 10/18/13 Brooklyn, 10/19/13, Brooklyn, 10/25/13 Hartford, 11/15/13 Dallas, 10/12/14 Austin 2, 5/1/16 MSG 1, 5/2/16 MSG 2, 8/5/15 Fenway 1, 4/7/17 RRHOF Induction, 8/8/18 Seattle 1, 8/10/18 Seattle  2, 9/2/18 Fenway 1, 9/13/23 Ft. Worth 1, 9/15/23 Ft. Worth 2, 5/16/24 Vegas 1, 5/18/24 Vegas 2
  • Options
    Lsk6453 wrote:
    I posted it earlier, but with all the WWS posts, it fell quick.

It won't be the same w/o Layne, but I am there. I never got to see them in concert back in the day.

my bad. yeah, AIC definitely had a great sound with Layne. I hope if they do find a new singer, they will look to play music that resonates with their new singer's vocal range. Layne was definitely unique.
    Forget the now, become the future
  • Options
    Check out this article from this kid. He is always bashing PJ and other kick ass bands from the era. Let him know what you think.

http://www.dailyvanguard.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2006/02/23/43fe78d35d2e1
    I can get you a toe by three o'clock...
  • Options
    nmm18nmm18 Posts: 13
    I, for one, do care... but it won't be the same.

I'll still check it out. Could be pretty good... and I'll take any excuse to rock my neck out to a live version of "Again."
  • Options
    SCRIBLING C-MENTSCRIBLING C-MENT Springfield, IL Posts: 248
    Wow absolutley amazing. I want to go sooo bad...
  • Options
    prljam85prljam85 Posts: 227
    I would love to see AIC.
  • Options
    Hey, TheDUDE was that you giving feedback? If it was good job haha
    "Im like a cloud droppin rain, discarding all thought. I'll dry up, leavin puddles on the ground."
  • Options
    sennin wrote:

I was kinda hoping they'd get Pat Lachman to sing.....

Thanks for the news!

I thought you were stoked on Maynard :p

Seriously though.... I don't know who Willam Duval is... but I'd be happy to pay a few $$ to find out :)
    Exercising her will to lose control...
    she lets go
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    sennin wrote:

OMG!!! YOU WERE THERE?!?!?!?! :eek: :eek: :eek: Holy #$%^@!!!

When I heard about that show I could hardly move...then to actually hear the boot?! Completely floored me. I was very impressed with so many of the guests they brought in, especially Maynard. I never dreamed something like this would happen and now hearing the news that it will be happening more than just that one time?! Hell yes!

At first I was a little ify about the whole thing, but the way Jerry explains it has done away with all doubts. A tribute! Yes! I think that's fuckin beautiful! The thought of hearing AIC songs live gives me chills all over. This is really something to be grateful for. To know these songs will live on in a live setting as a tribute to LAYNE (and AIC fans) warms my soul. They aren't taking anything away from what was, but rather creating a new in memorance of it. I'm beyond excited about this news! :D
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    its not aic without layne. im sorry but thats how i feel. as much as i like jerry (and its alot) i see this as nothing more than selling out. everything solo he's done hasnt even come close to anything aic. thought degradation trip is the best thing he has written. i think he just wants to be famous again. unless herbert west brings layne back i have no interest in any new aic.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    its not aic without layne. im sorry but thats how i feel. as much as i like jerry (and its alot) i see this as nothing more than selling out. everything solo he's done hasnt even come close to anything aic. thought degradation trip is the best thing he has written. i think he just wants to be famous again. unless herbert west brings layne back i have no interest in any new aic.

Sweet. More tickets for the rest of us.

I saw the Tsunami benefit show here in Seattle last year, too. It was amazing. I'm really stoked about this news.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08