anyone heard the new Black Keys album?

ivotedbush04ivotedbush04 Posts: 52
edited March 2008 in Other Music
i listened to it a half dozen times now and i think its pretty good. it was produced by danger mouse (gnarles barkely) so its not as raw as their previous albums, probably because it was recorded in an actual studio this time. overall im pretty happy with it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    where did you get it? it doesn't come out till next week I thought
  • scrapetorrent.com my friend
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    scrapetorrent.com my friend

I'm an idiot and have never firgured out what a torrent is or how to use it....sadly I'm only 24 too
  • thunderDAN wrote:
    I'm an idiot and have never firgured out what a torrent is or how to use it....sadly I'm only 24 too
    Me neither. Someone had to post a yousendit link for me to get the new REM.
  • April 1st is a few days away, a little patients it will be here before you know it. Can't wait for the release.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Jesika537Jesika537 Posts: 301
    I've only heard the song on their website. It sounds pretty good, very different, but good.

Looking forward to hearing the rest of the album.
    Detroit '98 - Detroit '03 - Toledo '04 - Grand Rapids '04 - Kitchener '05 - London '05 - Grand Rapids '06 - Cleveland '06 - Detroit '06 - Chicago '07 - West Palm Beach - Tampa '08 - Toronto '09 - Indy '10 - Buffalo '10 - Toronto '11 - London '13
  • leethalleethal Posts: 134
    I'm going to wait for the album to drop (two more sleeps where i live) I have heard a few songs though. Lies is the perfect marriage of old and new. I think danger mouse has added some beautiful touches that only highlight how gritty the boys can be. Psychotic girl is another fine example of controlled grit (Banjo hip hop.) Remember when is explosive, dan's vocals are a highlight. They also previewed I got mine on tour last year. So he won't break is as soulful as i've ever heard them. I love that song in particular.

I am proud of the boys for progressing. It seems very natural, they have moved from the 50's, and 60's straight to the future. I fine example of the future imating the past. I'm a massive fan of progress, and i have never heard a band do it so tastefully. If the songs ive heard are anything to go by it will easily be their best work.

My favourite band. (Though Pearl Jam will always be my first love)