edited December 2006 in Other Music
NERDS!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Thanks!
  • bigmuzzbigmuzz Posts: 299
    bahahahaha....
    Sydney Wed 8 Nov 2006....

when all are one and one is all, to be a rock and not to roll.........

see me @ www.myspace.com/bigmuzz

keep on rockin!.......
  • niallniall Posts: 244
    I remember seeing that. Its pretty funny. RHCP were pricks for demanding that mr bungle be kicked off any festival that they were doing.
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    Its funny that Faith No More/Mike Patton were written off as RHCP/Anthony Kiedis rip-offs when they first started out.....now Mike Patton has proven that he is/was a musical genius and Anthony Kiedis has become a washed up has-been, writing boring-pop-crap, and posing for the cover of Teen Beat
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    I believe he changed some of the lyrics but i couldn't hear anything. Any funny bits?
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • Todd76 wrote:
    ...Anthony Kiedis has become a washed up has-been, writing boring-pop-crap, and posing for the cover of Teen Beat

Aahhh, go shove it up yer piehole
  • EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    Todd76 wrote:
    Its funny that Faith No More/Mike Patton were written off as RHCP/Anthony Kiedis rip-offs when they first started out.....now Mike Patton has proven that he is/was a musical genius and Anthony Kiedis has become a washed up has-been, writing boring-pop-crap, and posing for the cover of Teen Beat

this is the man who is correct!
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • To each his own.
  • Mike Patton is far from being great. I do agree the song epic, sounds like a RHCP song. Some people claim Mike Patton is so great he's avgerage at best. RHCP blow anything he's done outta the water. Kedis is way better.
    Mike Patton is far from being great. I do agree the song epic, sounds like a RHCP song. Some people claim Mike Patton is so great he's avgerage at best. RHCP blow anything he's done outta the water. Kedis is way better.

I dont mean to sound like an ass.....BUT sometimes you just have to put your foot down.....you CLEARLY have no idea what you are talking about.

Hopefully all you have heard from Mike Patton is Epic - at least that would justify your complete and total wrongness.

To suggest that Kiedis is a better singer than Mike Patton kills me - they arent even in the same league.

Mike Patton is a true artist (man that sounds cheesy - but true). His vocal range is INCREDIBLE - he can do things with his voice that I have never heard before AND he covers all the bases....from full out gut wrenching screams to the insanely beautiful and melodic

sorrry - but yer just wrong, plain and simple
  • Todd76 wrote:
    I dont mean to sound like an ass.....BUT sometimes you just have to put your foot down.....you CLEARLY have no idea what you are talking about.

Hopefully all you have heard from Mike Patton is Epic - at least that would justify your complete and total wrongness.

To suggest that Kiedis is a better singer than Mike Patton kills me - they arent even in the same league.

Mike Patton is a true artist (man that sounds cheesy - but true). His vocal range is INCREDIBLE - he can do things with his voice that I have never heard before AND he covers all the bases....from full out gut wrenching screams to the insanely beautiful and melodic

sorrry - but yer just wrong, plain and simple

But seriously Patton needs to shut his pie hole...I mean these days we hear more of his bashing of other artists than his actual work.

IMHO the guy aint that good, loved FNM but all of his other stuff is trash. Last I heard he was working with 60's era Italian orchestra while at the same time bashing Wolfmother for being derivitive. He needs to have a look at himself or just produce something with substance before taking aim at other artists.

Because looking back....FNM were not really groundbreaking, he was just another sucker plying his trade...just like Wolfmother!
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour:Member #9-+--+
  • EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    But seriously Patton needs to shut his pie hole...I mean these days we hear more of his bashing of other artists than his actual work.

are you mad? Between Peeping Tom, Fantomas, Tomohawk, his stuff with NAked City, and Maldoror you are guaranteed to get at least a Patton album/year
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Echoes wrote:
    are you mad? Between Peeping Tom, Fantomas, Tomohawk, his stuff with NAked City, and Maldoror you are guaranteed to get at least a Patton album/year

Yeah but I meant his words speak alot louder than his actions...From Peeping Tom all the way through to Maldorer...it's all crap!
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Mike Patton is far from being great. I do agree the song epic, sounds like a RHCP song. Some people claim Mike Patton is so great he's avgerage at best. RHCP blow anything he's done outta the water. Kedis is way better.
    The Real Thing and Angel Dust are so many miles ahead of anything the chilis have ever done its unreal, and I like the chilis (or at least old chilis). what you said is just wrong. I assume you have only heard Epic because your argument is so ridiculous that I actually laughed when I read it. Patton is, at his worst interesting, at his best a genius. Kiedis is not interesting anymore and he was never genius.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Patton is, at his worst interesting, at his best a genius. Kiedis is not interesting anymore and he was never genius.

bang bang.....the sound of a nail being hit on the head
  • Jeremy1012 wrote:
    The Real Thing and Angel Dust are so many miles ahead of anything the chilis have ever done its unreal, and I like the chilis (or at least old chilis). what you said is just wrong. I assume you have only heard Epic because your argument is so ridiculous that I actually laughed when I read it. Patton is, at his worst interesting, at his best a genius. Kiedis is not interesting anymore and he was never genius.

Because you say so...Ok here's my take! The Real thing and Angel Dust have not really stood the test of time...i'm not saying they were bad but kind of difficult to listen to now...Patton was trying too hard with his voice on the Real Thing that it's almost embarassing and Angel Dust (probably their best work) is horribly inconsistent. They never put out an album like Blood Sugar...I think putting Patton in the genius category is giving him way too much credit.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Because you say so...Ok here's my take! The Real thing and Angel Dust have not really stood the test of time...i'm not saying they were bad but kind of difficult to listen to now...Patton was trying too hard with his voice on the Real Thing that it's almost embarassing and Angel Dust (probably their best work) is horribly inconsistent. They never put out an album like Blood Sugar...I think putting Patton in the genius category is giving him way too much credit.
    But Anthony Kiedis was never the creative force behind Blood sugar other than the lyrics and, to be honest, barring I could have lied and Under the bridge, do you ever really pay attention to the lyrics? Blood sugar is musically a great album but I've always felt that kiedis was the weak link whereas Patton was the strong link in FNM. just my opinion mind...
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • They are probably the worst live band that I have ever seen...Oh i'm talking about FNM!
    My life is a disaster zone
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    fuckin hilarious.. thanks for posting that
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
    Todd76 wrote:

I am a huge fan of blood sugar and i liked a lot of the peppers stuff.. BUT I agree with you.. and i think the new peppers album is terrible.
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!

the majority of people who say this dont know fuck all about fnm.. have you even heard "King for a Day" or "Angel Dust"?
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Ok, I've always been a bigger FNM fan than a Chilis fan . . .ok I wouldn't even consider myself a Chilis FAN at all, I just wanted to say that 'The Real Thing' was one of those seroiusly good, perspective-on-life-and-music changing albums of my life. Also really liked 'Angel Dust'. 'King for a Day' was 50-50, and I really didn't get into 'Album of the Year' (great album title, btw). But I bought 'em, and my musical tastes, tolerances and horizons have widened so much since their release that I bet I could dig 'em up now and get into 'em more now than I did then, and I know I couldn't say that about anything the Chili Peppers have done.

One could almost say that I feel I've outgrown the Chili Peppers, but I won't say it, it sounds too insulting.

Mike Patton may be a dick, but if a dick can sing, put it on a CD and I'll buy it!

Hell, I even bought that voice only, recorded-in-hotel-rooms CD that Patton did. It blew, blew hard, but I gave it a shot based on his rep. No way in Hell I'd buy an Anthony Kedis A Capella CD on faith!

Really though, Kedis vs. Patton, FNM vs. RHCP, it's apples and oranges really. I feel silly trying to compare them. Forget everything I just said, except that 'The Real Thing' is probably still in my all-time top 10.
    "We were but stones, your light made us stars . . ."
  • bharQ wrote:
    fuckin hilarious.. thanks for posting that

I know it is funny, but even funnier is the fact that the first time I saw them, they were absolutely terrible by the way, I actually gave them the benefit of the doubt. Saw them a second time, and yes even worse...he can't replicate what he does on his albums...and i'm not talking about his work with Mr Bungle ect...I'm talking about the more mainstream stuff he did with FNM. Stuff that he should have been able to perform in a live setting. He was terrible, and I don't care what anybody says about how 'that's his style' and so on...he was terrible singing most stuff from King for a Day and he butchered his earlier stuff...Anyone that says this guy is the greatest vocalist of his time needs to hear him live...he is that bad.

The guy's lyrics are woeful, his vocals are terrible and his new stuff is just plain silly. Kiedis will be remembered (i'm not a chili's fan post Californication) because he has evolved, come up with new ideas and remained relevant (as much I think Stadium Arcadium and By the way are piles of trash). Meanwhile Mike Patton is singing through intercoms and above t.v frequency noises while screaming through the top of his lungs...just doing his best really to try to get people, and looks like people on this board have fallen for it, to say 'how experimental he is' and 'how busy he is trying new things' while at the same time rubbishing people and other bands for gaining popularity and sticking to a certain style.

Mike Patton is a man out of ideas, his last album with FNM was a sign of that...just out of ideas and using the mask of 'experimentation' to give the illusion that he is on the cutting edge.

This guy is no genius.
    My life is a disaster zone
    Al Deniro wrote:

This guy is no genius.

You haven't heard any Tomahawk albums then
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
    Al Deniro wrote:

Anyone that says this guy is the greatest vocalist of his time needs to hear him live...he is that bad.

This guy is no genius.

As someone who has seen FNM, Mr Bungle, Tomahawk, Peeping Tom, Fantomas and Lovage live.....I must disagree with your critique. He IS an incredible vocalist/crooner/screamer/lunatic/conductor/artist. I have been to hundreds of concerts and I have never seen a vocalist use their instrument - that being their voice - so effectively/creatively
  • Neruda25Neruda25 Posts: 266
    Patton is a genius.....
    if you listen any RHCP show,..you will see Antony sucks..he`s a very bad live singer.....not like Mike,....he`s AMAZING!!!
    22 nov. Santiago
    23 nov. Santiago
    25 nov. Buenos Aires
    26 nov. Buenos Aires

http://www.myspace.com/delonelyman
    Neruda25 wrote:
    Patton is a genius.....
    if you listen any RHCP show,..you will see Antony sucks..he`s a very bad live singer.....not like Mike,....he`s AMAZING!!!

Yeah i've seen chili peppers before.. he sings off key and seems to focus more on his jumping jacks.. really though it is hard for me to bash them.. I grew up with Blood sugar.. but stadium arcadium is such shit.. im finding it hard to stick up for them anymore.. and well.. patton just continues to experiment which I think is great
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    For every Patton tune that I like, there's two that I don't like. all that means is that the guy is prolific. My problem with Patton is that unless his interviews are an act for him, he strikes me as a cat who believes the hype...the whole "Patton is a genius" thing.

FNM was boring to me. Fantomas is occasionally cool. Tomohawk is at times unlistenable (and I really wanted to like them because of John Stanier). Mr. Bungle is pretty badass most of the time. Peeping Tom is probably my "favorite" Patton.

There is an outside chance that the reason that Patton gets under my skin is because we're too much alike when it comes t our musical opinions...but I doubt that's the entire reason.
  • brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    'The gentle art of making enemies' kept aside, check out this FNM performance down here in Brazil @ Rock in Rio back in 1991.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BclS5syB9Zg
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute