Options

Tom Waits Anyone?

2»

Comments

• Options
    bigmuzzbigmuzz Posts: 299
    barcoach wrote:
    Anyone here has seen the movie Coffee and Cigarrettes?
    The dialogue he has there with Iggy Pop is simply stelar... Tom just shines.

that movie has so many great performers in it.............but you gotta be in the right mood to watch it, cos it really is only a bunch of ppl sitting around drinking coffee and smoking cigarettes............

but yeah, the tom waits/iggy pop scene is awesome, one of the best from the film
    Sydney Wed 8 Nov 2006....

when all are one and one is all, to be a rock and not to roll.........

see me @ www.myspace.com/bigmuzz

keep on rockin!.......
  • Options
    I'm Big in Japan!!
    He is alive but feels absolutely nothing.
    So is he?
    When he was six he believed that the moon overhead followed him.
    By nine he had deciphered the illusion trading magic for fact.
    No tradebacks...
    So this is what it's like to be an adult
    If he only knew now what he knew then...
  • Options
    moloko21moloko21 Posts: 114
    I've never seen it, but I hear his segment on Fishing with John is hilarious.

Speaking of John Lurie, you mustn't forget Tom's great role in Down By Law (another Jarmusch flick, about 100 times better than Coffee and Cigarettes).
    "no, i can't give you full credit, but i'm not gonna flunk you either. you're all getting incompletes."
  • Options
    big waits fan here...

still the best last song to a night out.. I hope i dont fall in love with you.

cantwa it to see his performance aswell as eddie and nusrat on that dead man walking legacy edition thing that comes out in the new year..
  • Options
    barcoachbarcoach Posts: 413
    moloko21 wrote:
    I've never seen it, but I hear his segment on Fishing with John is hilarious.

Speaking of John Lurie, you mustn't forget Tom's great role in Down By Law (another Jarmusch flick, about 100 times better than Coffee and Cigarettes).

Just looooove Down By Law!
    That scene at the beginning where his girl starts to throw all his 45 vinyls through the window... man, it breaks my heart.
    How does it go that song they sing about the ice cream?
    Gotta see it again soon, that dvd is getting dust!
    Stone: Thanks for the pick and the night of complicity, you rock!
    -The crazy guy with the Ramones t-shirt.
    Mexico C. 12/10/05.

"There is a rose that I want to live for
    although, God knows, I may not have met her"
    -J. Strummer

"And you'll never know just how dark this screen could be"
  • Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    big waits fan here...

still the best last song to a night out.. I hope i dont fall in love with you.

cantwa it to see his performance aswell as eddie and nusrat on that dead man walking legacy edition thing that comes out in the new year..

Yeah, that DVD sounds great. Should be some great footage.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    He always struck me as a poor man's Captain Beefheart. But Swordfishtrombones and Rain Dogs are okay.