edited April 2006 in Other Music
Hot off the press:

THE BLACK CROWES
WITH SPECIAL GUESTS
ROBERT RANDOLPH & THE FAMILY BAND
AND
DRIVE-BY TRUCKERS;
NINE-WEEK TREK ROLLS OUT JUNE 10 IN SEATTLE

On the heels of CHRIS and RICH ROBINSON's three sold-out nights of acoustic performances in New York City to ecstatic fans and lengthy standing ovations, THE BLACK CROWEShave announced a major summer headlining tour with their special guests Robert Randolph & The Family Band and Drive-By Truckers. Launching June 10 in Seattle, the nine-week trek will visit mostly sheds--including Jones Beach (New York), PNC Bank (New Jersey), Shoreline (San Francisco), Tweeter Center (Boston) and Cynthia Woods (Houston)--as it criss-crosses the U.S. into mid-August.

Each night of CHRIS and RICH's “Brothers Of A Feather: An Acoustic Evening With Chris & Rich Robinson of The Black Crowes” has sold out within minutes after going on sale. The two-week trek--which marks the first time the brothers have ever performed full-length acoustic sets in their 16-year career--concludes April 26 in Los Angeles after a three-night stand at The Roxy. While in New York, CHRIS and RICH performed at three different venues: Warsaw, Rose Theater @ Jazz at Lincoln Center and Town Hall.

"'Brothers of a Feather' is certainly a sight to behold and a sound to endear. Although there are only eleven dates booked for the tour, if Friday's show is any indication, they will go down in rock and roll history as some of the greatest performances ever played," reports the Stony Brook Independent (4/15/06) about the brothers' show at Rose Theater @ Jazz at Lincoln Center.

Meanwhile, the band's first-ever DVD FREAK 'N' ROLL...INTO THE FOG roared out of the box, debuting at #2 on Billboard's Music Video chart. A film crew captured THE BLACK CROWES performing five sold-out nights at San Francisco's historic Fillmore Auditorium in August 2005. Writing in the SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLE about one of the shows, Joel Selvin noted that "The Black Crowes never sounded better than it did Saturday at the Fillmore Auditorium, the peak performance of a sold-out five-night run...(the band) definitely staked a claim in these Fillmore shows as one of the last of the classic rock bands” (8/8/05).

Since reuniting and re-connecting with their loyal fans last year, THE BLACK CROWES have been performing what some called "the best shows of their career." While they achieved a career watermark by headlining their New Year's Eve show at Madison Square Garden, the band--Chris (vocals), Rich (guitars), Marc Ford (guitars), Eddie Hawrysch (keyboards), Sven Pipien (bass) and Steve Gorman (drums)--also played seven sold-out shows at New York City's Hammerstein Ballroom, performed five-nights at the Henry Fonda Theatre in Los Angeles and were headliners at three of the most prestigious festivals in America (New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival, Bonnaroo, and Austin City Limits Festival). Summing up the allure of THE BLACK CROWES' concert experience, Mikael Wood of The Village Voice (12/28/05) said the band "remain one of rock's best live acts, as hard-grooving as during their heyday and caked with an extra layer of rambling-man soulfulness."

THE BLACK CROWES with Robert Randolph & The Family Band and Drive-By Truckers summer tour dates (unless otherwise noted):

Sat 6/10 Seattle, WA White River Amphitheatre
Sun 6/11 Ridgefield, WA (Portland) Clark County Amphitheatre
Tue 6/13 Sacramento, CA Sleep Train Amphitheatre
Wed 6/14 Los Angeles, CA TBA
Fri 6/16 Las Vegas, NV The Joint (TBC only)
Sat 6/17 San Diego, CA Concerts in the Park
Sun 6/18 San Francisco, CA Shoreline Amphitheatre
Fri 6/23 St. Louis, MO UMB Bank Pavilion
Sat 6/24 Chicago, IL Charter One Pavilion @ Northerly Island
Sun 6/25 Pittsburgh, PA Chevrolet Amphitheatre
Tue 6/27 Nashville, TN Amsouth Amphitheatre (TBC & D-BT only)
Wed 6/28 Birmingham, AL Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
Fri 6/30 Dallas, TX Smirnoff Amphitheatre

Sat 7/1 San Antonio, TX Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
Sun 7/2 Houston, TX Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
Mon 7/3 Austin, TX The Backyard
Thu 7/6 Atlanta, GA HiFi Buys Amphitheatre
Fri 7/7 Tampa, FL Ford Amphitheatre
Sat 7/8 West Palm Beach, FL Sound Advice Amphitheatre
Tue 7/11 Charlotte, NC Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
Wed 7/12 Raleigh, NC Alltel Pavilion @ Walnut Creek
Fri 7/14 Virginia Beach Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
Sat 7/15 Masontown, WV Allgood Music Festival (TBC only)
Tue 7/18 Uncasville, CT Mohegan Sun Arena
Wed 7/19 Wantagh, NY Tommy Hilfiger @ Jones Beach
Fri 7/21 Camden, NJ (Philadelphia) Tweeter Waterfront
Sat 7/22 Holmdel, NJ PNC Bank Arts Center
Sun 7/23 Boston, MA Tweeter Center
Tue 7/25 Darien Center, NY Darien Lakes Amphitheatre
Wed 7/26 Detroit, MI DTE Energy Music Theater
Fri 7/28 Cleveland, OH Tower City Amphitheatre
Sat 7/29 Scranton, PA Toyota Pavilion
Sun 7/30 Saratoga Springs, NY SPAC

Tue 8/1 Columbus, OH TBA
Thu 8/3 Milwaukee, WI Marcus Amphitheatre
Fri 8/4 Indianapolis, IN Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
Tue 8/8 Sturgis, SD Rockin' the Ralley (TBC only)
Fri 8/11 Billings, MT Magic City Blues Festival (TBC only)
Sat 8/12 Denver, CO Red Rocks Amphitheatre
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    clayton12clayton12 Athens, GA Posts: 322
    That is fucking amazing. God bless this tour!
  • Options
    I'm seeing them May 16 in Toronto!!!

I can't wait!!!
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Oh I wish this tour was coming to Toronto
  • Options
    KricketKricket Posts: 707
    I have tix to see them in London but now I might have to hit Detroit too!!!

For anyone who hasn't seen Robert Randolph and the Family Band Live before ....make sure to get there in time to catch them. I saw them when they opened for Clapton and they were great.
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Same weekend I'm going to Cincy, this tour rolls through my area...figures.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    KricketKricket Posts: 707
    Same weekend I'm going to Cincy, this tour rolls through my area...figures.

PBM
    It seems that all the shows I wanta hit are so close together this summer, not that I can complain :)
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    i might have to catch one of these this summer...
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Fri 6/23 St. Louis, MO UMB Bank Pavilion
    Sat 6/24 Chicago, IL Charter One Pavilion @ Northerly Island
    Sun 6/25 Pittsburgh, PA Chevrolet Amphitheatre
    Tue 6/27 Nashville, TN Amsouth Amphitheatre (TBC & D-BT only)
    Wed 6/28 Birmingham, AL Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
    Fri 6/30 Dallas, TX Smirnoff Amphitheatre

Doesn't that Pittsburgh date seem a litle out of place...seems like a strange detour.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Any word on on-sale dates, presales, etc?
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Options
    See you in Denver!
    "One good thing about music: when it hits you feel no pain. So hit me with music!"