Snow

obiwon76obiwon76 Posts: 568
edited April 2007 in Other Music
By far the best song I've heard in a long time. I'm in love with this song. The Peppers have done a excellent job, such beauty, the chorus is perfect. The lyrics makes you think of your own demons, and how you tried to run away from them, successful or not.

"the more I see, the less I know, the more Id like to let it go"
San Fran 92, San Fran 93, Berkeley 93, Indio 93, Fairfax 94, DC 95, San Fran 95, DC 95, Va Beach 98, Columbia 98, Dc 98, Va Beach 00, Columbia 00, Philly 03, Bristow 03, Chicago 06, Chicago 06, Dc 06, DC 08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Just about the only song I like on Stadium Arcadium. Quality stuff.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    yeah....that's an infectious song...
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • i have to disagree. i hate this song with a passion. it reeks of bad songwriting and that goddamn "hey-oh, listen what i say-oh" line makes me want to strangle them for writing it. just another in a series of increasingly bad singles from the chili peppers, IMO.
  • Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    Not one of my faves from the album, but on an album as great as SA thats not a bad thing. John Frusciante is a freakin genius.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    i thought this was going to be about the revolutionary hip hop artist... don't you all remember the informer? he was one bad motherfucker!
  • BremertonBremerton Posts: 279
    Licky Boom Boom Down
  • Bremerton wrote:
    Licky Boom Boom Down

that's what i was hoping this thread was about
    coming up

MSG 1
    Ringo the next night in Boston
    Hartford
    Boston 1 & 2

hell's yeah...
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    i thought this was going to be about the revolutionary hip hop artist... don't you all remember the informer? he was one bad motherfucker!

:p
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154

...and from Canada. Where did he get that accent? :)

"In Four Months I'll be working at a gas station in Miami...a licky boom boom down"

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • obiwon76obiwon76 Posts: 568
    Ha, I would have to revert back to my high school days for that one, maybe even junior high school?

I'm waiting to see him on VH1, or perhaps it has been done and I just missed it.
    San Fran 92, San Fran 93, Berkeley 93, Indio 93, Fairfax 94, DC 95, San Fran 95, DC 95, Va Beach 98, Columbia 98, Dc 98, Va Beach 00, Columbia 00, Philly 03, Bristow 03, Chicago 06, Chicago 06, Dc 06, DC 08
  • hendrix78hendrix78 Posts: 507
    It's a great song and it's a lot of fun to play on the guitar.
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    Snow - Informer

gotta hear it too...it's amazing
  • BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    That song is terrible, and is so derivitive of many other Chili Peppers songs
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • 4/6/07-fri.,(day of Mars)

i have to say, i am Torn---on one hand...i like the tune(YET)i truly Feel that, as a.k. has made some "so-called" changes from his past life of his own private "hell"-something i can only remark on/about through readings and writings of his...i have to feel Sad for him in my Heart/SOUL...his lyrics seem to reflect much confusion(still)---not that confusion is a bad thing---if it takes you somewhere...one can grow...i Want for Us All to do so(but)this is the world of earth...We are all on different Levels in this Life...it HURTS My Heart/SOUL though---to listen to my Universal Brother speak at times, and they quote him so much(all the time)on those message boards(on the r.h.c.p. site)---quotes(to/for me)that DO NOT empower the reader/listener, quotes that reflect STAGNATION/non-growth...a bit of arrogance & deviation from his TRUEST Self...this is my observation, NO "judgement"---the chili peppers have a Special place in my heart(BUT)i, for myself have to KEEP searching for STRENGTH, Personal-Power, ONE-LOVE of the PUREST form NO BULLSHIT/pulling the wool over my eyes...i feel i can relate to Older r.h.c.p. lyrics MORE(and)Grow/Learn/Heal---from my past-pains...when i listen to lyrics from like 1991 back to their start...when they seemed to be really "hungry" for Truth, Honesty, and Universal Wisdom...now, to me it seems like they have just become "comfortable" with their "role" as so-called "superstars"...j.f. intrigues me-STILL-i admire that He LEFT the peppers---at their peak---Blood, Sugar, Sex, Magik...to follow His SOUL's Cry...it took Him through HELL and back(it seems)-BUT, i don't know(personally)because i've never met Him in this realm of earth...but, He has always, well-most times, been inspirational to/for me...it PISSED me off though in "funky monks" when he spoke of watching/seeing a chick getting "fisted"...i felt he was spreading his own "shit"---too far, NOT respecting his Universal Sisters/Mothers...but then they went to a clip of Him playing guitar---He seemed so beautifally talented and Pure to me(when)He played guitar---the way He pursed His lips, His eyes closed, coming from His Heart/Soul...man, i KNOW these 4 Gentle-boys/Men are ONLY human-in this realm (BUT) i can Truly be transported OUT OF THIS WORLD(at times)---So...i choose to listen to their OLDER lyrics and GROOVE/Dance/Pray...be reminded of a time so very Long ago---a...time i will TREASURE Forever!!!

Peace-Out,
    l.j.g.(smile)
    psychedelic1
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    4/6/07-fri.,(day of Mars)

i have to say, i am Torn---on one hand...i like the tune(YET)i truly Feel that, as a.k. has made some "so-called" changes from his past life of his own private "hell"-something i can only remark on/about through readings and writings of his...i have to feel Sad for him in my Heart/SOUL...his lyrics seem to reflect much confusion(still)---not that confusion is a bad thing---if it takes you somewhere...one can grow...i Want for Us All to do so(but)this is the world of earth...We are all on different Levels in this Life...it HURTS My Heart/SOUL though---to listen to my Universal Brother speak at times, and they quote him so much(all the time)on those message boards(on the r.h.c.p. site)---quotes(to/for me)that DO NOT empower the reader/listener, quotes that reflect STAGNATION/non-growth...a bit of arrogance & deviation from his TRUEST Self...this is my observation, NO "judgement"---the chili peppers have a Special place in my heart(BUT)i, for myself have to KEEP searching for STRENGTH, Personal-Power, ONE-LOVE of the PUREST form NO BULLSHIT/pulling the wool over my eyes...i feel i can relate to Older r.h.c.p. lyrics MORE(and)Grow/Learn/Heal---from my past-pains...when i listen to lyrics from like 1991 back to their start...when they seemed to be really "hungry" for Truth, Honesty, and Universal Wisdom...now, to me it seems like they have just become "comfortable" with their "role" as so-called "superstars"...j.f. intrigues me-STILL-i admire that He LEFT the peppers---at their peak---Blood, Sugar, Sex, Magik...to follow His SOUL's Cry...it took Him through HELL and back(it seems)-BUT, i don't know(personally)because i've never met Him in this realm of earth...but, He has always, well-most times, been inspirational to/for me...it PISSED me off though in "funky monks" when he spoke of watching/seeing a chick getting "fisted"...i felt he was spreading his own "shit"---too far, NOT respecting his Universal Sisters/Mothers...but then they went to a clip of Him playing guitar---He seemed so beautifally talented and Pure to me(when)He played guitar---the way He pursed His lips, His eyes closed, coming from His Heart/Soul...man, i KNOW these 4 Gentle-boys/Men are ONLY human-in this realm (BUT) i can Truly be transported OUT OF THIS WORLD(at times)---So...i choose to listen to their OLDER lyrics and GROOVE/Dance/Pray...be reminded of a time so very Long ago---a...time i will TREASURE Forever!!!

Peace-Out,
    l.j.g.(smile)

huh?
  • LiftedLifted Posts: 1,836
    i have to disagree. i hate this song with a passion. it reeks of bad songwriting and that goddamn "hey-oh, listen what i say-oh" line makes me want to strangle them for writing it. just another in a series of increasingly bad singles from the chili peppers, IMO.

100% agree,and i'm not bashing the chili peppers because they are one of my favs. i think stadium arcadium is a solid album as well but this is probably the worst song off the album. very repetitive and boring. so far i think all of the singles they have released off the new album have been the worst songs. it makes no sense to me. why don't they release wet sand, or torture me or something good. it pisses me off. no wonder a lot of people on the board bash the chili peppers, they are a great band that does a terrible job promoting themselves. it seems like they are targeting people that like shitty top 40 pop music, but then if you actually buy the album and listen to the other songs its like wow these guys are still a very good band.
  • LiftedLifted Posts: 1,836
    4/6/07-fri.,(day of Mars)

Peace-Out,
    l.j.g.(smile)

wow psychedelic, i think you need to lay off the psychedelics...what are you trippin on? must be some good acid.
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    I LOVE this song. Very infectious indeed.
    Stadium Arcadium has really blown me away.
    Wet Sand and Slow Cheetah especially knock me on my knees. :o

And yes, HAIL HAIL JOHN! :)
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • DercheefDercheef Posts: 732
    i have to disagree. i hate this song with a passion. it reeks of bad songwriting and that goddamn "hey-oh, listen what i say-oh" line makes me want to strangle them for writing it.
    I 100% agree
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • MohabMohab Posts: 310