Live: We Deal In Dreams

obiwon76obiwon76 Posts: 568
edited July 2007 in Other Music
This song is #1 in my IPOD, truly amazing. It was not released on an album, but appeared on their greatest hits. The lyrics are compelling, but together with the music, it's magical....... Anyone else heard of this and love it?

Don't you feel so very pointless
In the feelings of the rain
And the violence of the sun
I must confess that I feel graciously
Bigger than the rain
And hotter than the sun
What did you do
What do you say
When the blood spilled is of your loved one
And the kremlins of the world fall around you

We deal in dreams, yeah
We deal in dreams
We deal in structures that grow cold in our hearts

Oh fearful, crying people
The fool is by the river
Watching, but not swimming
It takes energy not to get used to it
And fall into this place
Where everything runs together and dies
This quiet kingdom she is now
Forever will she be, in silent celebration

We deal in dreams, yeah
We deal in dreams
We deal in structures that grow cold in our hearts, yeah
We deal in dreams
We deal in dreams
We deal in dreams
We deal in dreams, silent silent dreams
Structures that grow cold
Structures that grow cold in our hearts, yeah

San Fran 92, San Fran 93, Berkeley 93, Indio 93, Fairfax 94, DC 95, San Fran 95, DC 95, Va Beach 98, Columbia 98, Dc 98, Va Beach 00, Columbia 00, Philly 03, Bristow 03, Chicago 06, Chicago 06, Dc 06, DC 08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    obiwon76 wrote:
    This song is #1 in my IPOD, truly amazing. It was not released on an album, but appeared on their greatest hits. The lyrics are compelling, but together with the music, it's magical....... Anyone else heard of this and love it?

I must confess that I feel graciously
    Bigger than the rain
    And hotter than the sun
    What did you do
    What do you say
    When the blood spilled is of your loved one
    And the kremlins of the world fall around you

We deal in dreams, yeah
    We deal in dreams
    We deal in structures that grow cold in our hearts

Oh fearful, crying people
    The fool is by the river
    Watching, but not swimming
    It takes energy not to get used to it
    And fall into this place
    Where everything runs together and dies
    This quiet kingdom she is now
    Forever will she be, in silent celebration

We deal in dreams, yeah
    We deal in dreams
    We deal in dreams
    We deal in dreams
    We deal in dreams
    We deal in dreams, silent silent dreams

Love the song, probably the only reason I picked up their greatest hits because I have all of the studio albums. They need to come back to Florida!
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    have you heard any of the other b-sides from the era?
  • obiwon76obiwon76 Posts: 568
    No, I wouldnt of found this gem if it wasn't on the greatest hits cd. I've always been a fan of live since "Throwing Copper", but this particular song renewed my love for them.

I wish I could find more information about the origin of the song especially the inspiration for the lyrics. The opening just sends chills down my spine. I feel like I've lived through a experience that relates to the song, but can't put my finger on what it was.
    San Fran 92, San Fran 93, Berkeley 93, Indio 93, Fairfax 94, DC 95, San Fran 95, DC 95, Va Beach 98, Columbia 98, Dc 98, Va Beach 00, Columbia 00, Philly 03, Bristow 03, Chicago 06, Chicago 06, Dc 06, DC 08
    http://www.fansoflive.com/lyrics/other/

that is a like a pretty good list if not all the other unreleased stuff. we deal in dreams is from throwing copper and for years it was knows as dealing dreams. most of those you should be able to find on a p2p. my favorite b-side song is vine street. im still waiting for a copy of new city to pop up or a listenable version of photograph.
    Thanks for the link and background.
  • deadmosquitodeadmosquito Posts: 729
    i'm excited because i'm finally going to see them live for the first time on tuesday. they're playing a show in PNC park after the pirates game and before a fireworks show. i figured i couldn't pass up an opportunity to see three things in one night, especially when i have the next day off work lol.

anyway, i've been a fan of live since throwing copper and i'm happy to finally be seeing them. hopefully they are allowed to play for a pretty decent amount of time. what are anyone's opinion of their live show?
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    i'm excited because i'm finally going to see them live for the first time on tuesday. they're playing a show in PNC park after the pirates game and before a fireworks show. i figured i couldn't pass up an opportunity to see three things in one night, especially when i have the next day off work lol.

anyway, i've been a fan of live since throwing copper and i'm happy to finally be seeing them. hopefully they are allowed to play for a pretty decent amount of time. what are anyone's opinion of their live show?

Have fun they really put on a good show. They do alot of hits but go back to different stuff also. I saw them last yr again. Enjoy the show. :d
  • momofglynnmomofglynn Posts: 849
    they are playing a combined show with the Counting Crows and Collective Soul on 8/17/07 in Manchester, NH. Kids under 12 get in free regardless of where you sit. It's a nice park and seems like a so-so line up. Might be worth the trip.
    Let's Go Red Sox!
    Live is the band I've seen the most behind PJ. Throwing Copper was what first got me interested and I've enjoyed their music since. I admit, I haven't followed their last two releases, but I still go see them live whenever possible. I dont think they are touring arenas much, the last time I saw them was a few years back when they did one of those $5 admissions local shows.
  • breath_girlbreath_girl Posts: 189
    They did this amazing cover of a song called Supernatural on MTV Unplugged way back. So good.
    i saw them on the V tour and i was greatly disappointed. with that album the bad show and the next bad album i pretty much stopped there. there old stuff is good though. maybe they changed their show but the V show i saw was so staged and fake. it was like watching actors.
    I understand what you are saying, it seems like after 2002 or so, their popularity really declined. Somewhat similar to how PJ was perceived after "No Code". I remember people asking me when their new album would be released after "Vitalogy" and this was after Binaural.
    Hopefully they will tour again and make the core of their set-list the stuff from their greatest hits.
  • DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    Live went from something that was different, edgy and interesting to something that was bordering on solid rock to where it is today..........

I don't like the music they put out today
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired

What is everyone's interpretation of this?

Is it describing how when we are children we are taught to act a certain way, and therefore throughout our lives we are living in a structure. Eventually we become adults with our own desires, therefore the old structures grow cold in our hearts?
  • My3rdEyeMy3rdEye Posts: 927
    breath_gal wrote:
    They did this amazing cover of a song called Supernatural on MTV Unplugged way back. So good.

Yes that is an amazing cover! Great show! I have it available for download if anyone is interested here http://inthepresenttense.blogspot.com/ Go to the Other Bootlegs section.