AIC fans

verb_to_trustverb_to_trust Posts: 178
edited October 2007 in Other Music
Has anyone been to any of their 'acoustic hour' shows yet? I'm going to the blue note in columbia MO to see them the 20th and was wondering what to expect.

If the 'acoustic hour' literally means they play only an hour then that might suck but i think duvall's voice in well suited for the acoustic setting with these guys.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I haven't seen a show yet I'm waiting for the new AIC to headline a tour, I really cant stand VR so I didn't want to go see that tour.
  • they have several dates annouced for these acoustic shows....check on of those out.

i passed on the VR garbage too
  • I will check that out. What part of IL do you live in, I was going to see the show at the Tweeter, but backed out at the last second. I was actually pretty excited when VR first came out I really like Weyland and GNR, but together not for me at all! If they are coming anywhere in IL soon with that acoustic show tell me about it in your next post
  • I will check that out. What part of IL do you live in, I was going to see the show at the Tweeter, but backed out at the last second. I was actually pretty excited when VR first came out I really like Weyland and GNR, but together not for me at all! If they are coming anywhere in IL soon with that acoustic show tell me about it in your next post

I live in west central IL but have a friend that goes to med school in columbia.......jsut so happens we both have the weekend off work so i'm going to drive 4 hours to check it out and plus its homecoming for the missouri tigers so the town will be crazy.

sadly i think that columbia is as close as it gets for illinois....
  • wow columbia isn't far from me at all I live on the south side of chicago I could easily just take the train. I'll definetly check that out.
  • Has anyone been to any of their 'acoustic hour' shows yet? I'm going to the blue note in columbia MO to see them the 20th and was wondering what to expect.

If the 'acoustic hour' literally means they play only an hour then that might suck but i think duvall's voice in well suited for the acoustic setting with these guys.

It's more than an hour, closer to around 90 minutes. Saw the Jacksonville show last night, and it was well worth the money.
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
  • I was at the Milwaukee show (first acoustic hour show). it was a good show even though the venue sucked. they played everything you'd expect, as well as a couple of rarities and a couple of covers.

i can post the setlist, but dont want to spoil it for those about to go.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • FnCircusFnCircus Posts: 439
    going to see them when they get back to Seattle. they're playing a benefit show at Benaroya Hall and are gonna be backed by a symphony............
  • OdinOdin Posts: 599
    I hate acoustic shows but AIC is one band I wouldn't mind seeing for an all-acoustic performance. They should put out a new album with their new singer and then tour some more as a headlining act.
  • I agree with that 100%, when I first got into AIC and then heard they had an unplugged show I was really confused. But, when I heard that it was just amazing.