The Fragile (help me out guys)

verb_to_trustverb_to_trust Posts: 178
edited February 2007 in Other Music
I downloaded :

We're in this together

La Mer

Just Like You imagined

I think these songs are all really cool and was wondering if I liked these if I would like the whole thing? I mean........even on itunes its 20 bucks and if there are only a handful of songs on it then I would rather not bother with it. Also, If anyone has any thoughts on this album in general i'd like to hear them...I heard Trent had a really tough time making it.

Some NIN info on me:

I really like those three songs I downloaded

Own With Teeth.......i think its okay

The Downward Spiral was always a bit much for me.......

So the big question is: will I like The Fragile?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i love it personally, but i may be a bit biased. nine inch nails are one of my favorite bands after PJ. if the downward spiral was a bit much for you than i'm not sure the fragile will be any better. as you know it's two entire discs worth of music. i would'nt say it's as much of a concept album as spiral was, but it is alot to take in. check out "somewhat damaged" and "into the void". see what you think of them.

hope this helps!
    VHC member #155***

Ft Lauderdale '96:::West Palm Beach '98:::Tampa '00:::Tampa '03:::Camden 1&2 '06::: DC '06:::West Palm Beach '08:::Tampa '08:::Columbia '08:::Virginia Beach '08

• hodgehodge Posts: 519
    personally, i really enjoy it

i really enjoy a lot of tracks on the first disc (the day the word went away, WIIT, the fragile, the great below)

for 20 bucks i say it's a good deal considering it's 2 discs or just download it for free ;)
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • Duff_ManDuff_Man Posts: 150
    yeah another vote for into the void, the best track on the album (in my opinion)
    We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves.
  • When I said TDS was always a bit much I meant thematically..........I was under the impression The Fragile came from a little different of a place. I'm fine with double albums........
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    The Fragile should be listened to from start to finish without interruption!

The tracks The Day The World Went Away, The Wretched, We're In This Together, La Mer, Into The Void, Where Is Everybody?, The Big Come Down are all amazing.

So are a lot of the other tracks...but I couldn't list them all!
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • i bet if i listened to it more it would become my favorite nin album. i think it was the only one that the first time i listened to it i liked it alot. all the others id always say well it wasnt as good as the last one i bought. im a new fan so i didnt get them in order.

also ive heard stuff about deep the song that reznor wasnt to happy with it or something or maybe the whole fragile era. can some one fill me in on whatever thats about.
  • I downloaded :

We're in this together

La Mer

Just Like You imagined

I think these songs are all really cool and was wondering if I liked these if I would like the whole thing? I mean........even on itunes its 20 bucks and if there are only a handful of songs on it then I would rather not bother with it. Also, If anyone has any thoughts on this album in general i'd like to hear them...I heard Trent had a really tough time making it.

Some NIN info on me:

I really like those three songs I downloaded

Own With Teeth.......i think its okay

The Downward Spiral was always a bit much for me.......

So the big question is: will I like The Fragile?

those songs aren't my favorites from it, so that should give you perspective. i'm a huge nin fan though, like others have said. every nin album is great. second only to PJ in my book.
    me you wouldn't recall, cause i'm not my former.
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    yeah it's well worth it, the downward spiral is good but has crap like bullshit noise filler tracks etc. The Fragile while not catchy songs front to back is at least songs front to back and even the mellow "filler" tracks are great.
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    if you think With Teeth was only OK, then it's really hard to say if you'll like The Fragile. i can only say that the three songs you picked out are not the strongest on that album in my opinion. check out The Wretched, Into the Void and Where is Everybody? if you need more convincing.