Jurassic 5

pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
edited August 2008 in Other Music
Does anybody know if they got back together? Wikipedia got rid of the info that they broke up. I am just curious.............not sure if it really matters if they keep making music as bad as their last record.
Alpine Valley 2000
Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Does anybody know if they got back together? Wikipedia got rid of the info that they broke up. I am just curious.............not sure if it really matters if they keep making music as bad as their last record.

Pretty Sure they are done. Chali 2na is doing a solo album and is actually back on tour w/ Ozomatli.
    NERDS!
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Pretty Sure they are done. Chali 2na is doing a solo album and is actually back on tour w/ Ozomatli.

Ill have to check that out. What about the other members? I really miss these guys, best rap group of the 00's easily, it was so refreshing to hear music like theirs until they sold out on Feedback.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• Ill have to check that out. What about the other members? I really miss these guys, best rap group of the 00's easily, it was so refreshing to hear music like theirs until they sold out on Feedback.
    Feedback was garbage. That's on my shelf next to "Carry On" by Cornell :)
    NERDS!
    Feedback was garbage. That's on my shelf next to "Carry On" by Cornell :)

I would actually say its one of the worst albums I ever bought. I only liked two songs on it and those still werent up to par with their music before it. That record was basically the end of rap for me, I havent bought a rap album since and dont listen to any new rap anymore really. Once Jurassic 5 sold out, there was no hope anymore. Its really a shame. I never got to catch them live either so that is also very disappointing.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• I would actually say its one of the worst albums I ever bought. I only liked two songs on it and those still werent up to par with their music before it. That record was basically the end of rap for me, I havent bought a rap album since and dont listen to any new rap anymore really. Once Jurassic 5 sold out, there was no hope anymore. Its really a shame. I never got to catch them live either so that is also very disappointing.

I like the new Atmosphere Album, it's actually one of my favorite albums of the year.
    NERDS!
    I like the new Atmosphere Album, it's actually one of my favorite albums of the year.

I havent given it a quality listen but for me each Atmosphere album is worse than the one before it and they have released quite a few now so its gotten pretty bad. Overcast is one of my favorite rap albums ever though, absolutely brilliant and the beats are as good as it gets. I think my problem now with them (and basically all other rap) is that the beats are often too slow and too much experimenting instead of keeping it simple. I like more stripped down beats, alot of their stuff has too much going on in it.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

Puppets is a cool song
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• I havent given it a quality listen but for me each Atmosphere album is worse than the one before it and they have released quite a few now so its gotten pretty bad. Overcast is one of my favorite rap albums ever though, absolutely brilliant and the beats are as good as it gets. I think my problem now with them (and basically all other rap) is that the beats are often too slow and too much experimenting instead of keeping it simple. I like more stripped down beats, alot of their stuff has too much going on in it.

This album is definitely slowed down a experimental, but the lyrics are more in depth and better. It takes a few listens though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5NSY0Cbr5I&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoLxuyV9qz8&feature=related
    NERDS!
  • I hope they do one day, so glad i got to see their last concert as a band.
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • Pretty Sure they are done. Chali 2na is doing a solo album and is actually back on tour w/ Ozomatli.
    That's awesome. I saw Ozomatli with Charli 2na back in the day. Got to take bong hits with some of the guys and Cherry Poppin' Daddies and got my Ozomatli CD signed by all of them. That was 1998.

BTW, the new Atmosphere album is amazing. I like Dreamer and You.
    Chicago 8-23-09

• That's awesome. I saw Ozomatli with Charli 2na back in the day. Got to take bong hits with some of the guys and Cherry Poppin' Daddies and got my Ozomatli CD signed by all of them. That was 1998.

BTW, the new Atmosphere album is amazing. I like Dreamer and You.

nice... I smoked a fatty with Chali 2na after a J5 show once in 2001
    9/13/98, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 6/29/03, 7/2/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 10/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 9/26/15, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 8/13/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/26/21, 9/1/22, 9/2/22, 9/14/22, 9/18/23, 9/19/23, 9/7/24, 9/9/24, 9/12/24, 9/15/24, 9/17/24
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I think once Cut Chemist and Chali 2na's allegiance lay with their own solo careers, J5 was done. Shame really. For their debut and Quality Control, they were truly great.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"