Ive seen a commercial for some 90's R&B compilation

pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
edited August 2008 in Other Music
Brought back alot of memories and I realized that just like rap and mainstream rock, this genre is so much worse now than it was back then.
Alpine Valley 2000
Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Tell me about it.

I heard this for the first time in years the other day and was surprised to find that I like it a lot :p Cheesy as it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFhEL-hjxqs

Also, stuff like D'Angelo and even some TLC was great pop/soul.

Having said that, I actually feel like Justin Timberlake is very talented, although I wish he'd stay the fuck away from people like Nelly and Timbaland and get involved in some less mainstream producers like Pete Rock and Premo. His last album was a half-decent effort. Something I thought impossible from an ex-'Nsync member.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Tell me about it.

I heard this for the first time in years the other day and was surprised to find that I like it a lot :p Cheesy as it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFhEL-hjxqs

Also, stuff like D'Angelo and even some TLC was great pop/soul.

Having said that, I actually feel like Justin Timberlake is very talented, although I wish he'd stay the fuck away from people like Nelly and Timbaland and get involved in some less mainstream producers like Pete Rock and Premo. His last album was a half-decent effort. Something I thought impossible from an ex-'Nsync member.

Sexyback was probably the best pop song of the last 5 years.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
    Sexyback was probably the best pop song of the last 5 years.
    Although My Love and What Goes Around could give it a run for it's money :p
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
    Sade is fucking mind-numbingly dull wine bar music.

Timberlake pisses all over her :D
  • Jeremy1012 wrote:

And if Timberlake doesn't, R. Kelly will.

Allegedly.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
    And if Timberlake doesn't, R. Kelly will.

Allegedly.
    Ah, but he was cleared of that :p

Although I don't think the judge said anything about him no longer needing to suffer jokes on the subject.
  • Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Ah, but he was cleared of that :p

Although I don't think the judge said anything about him no longer needing to suffer jokes on the subject.
    I remember when my friend told me about that for the first time, I misheard him, and thought he had said "Laura Kelly took a dump on a 14 year old girl's chest". Laura Kelly being a girl in my school at the time.

A nasty rumour was started, and I could only apologise to the girl so many times. :p

Anyway, back to topic, or whatever.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    Jeremy1012 wrote:

oh dearie me.......she's like a wine that grows sweeter, and finer all the time. And sexy too, but with mystique. I shoulda posted Smooth Operator instead

Timberlake reminds me of Hollyoaks, Dawsons Creek, 90210, Usher and all THEM. Makes me appreciate Robbie Williams a tad more.