Chicago has awful taste in alternative music

pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
edited March 2008 in Other Music
Q101's March madness tournament final 4 is Avenged Sevenfold, Tool, A Perfect Circle, and Incubus

Incubus won, besides there are some other very shocking victories for awful bands over good bands.

Examples.......Foo Fighters over Pearl Jam, Chevelle over Bob Marley, Jimmy Eat World over Rage Against The Machine, Staind over Oasis, Avenged Sevenfold over anybody

http://www.q101.com/madness/bracket.htm
Alpine Valley 2000
Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    thats one of the worst things ive ever heard.
  • Or alternative taste in awful music? Hmmmmm...
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    Yes, because everyone who listens to alternative music listens to mainstream rock radio...

I don't remember the last time I listened to modern rock radio. Face it, radio bands will win this bullshit cause that's where they are most popular.

No need to blame an entire city. You like Oasis and I don't rag on you.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Yes, because everyone who listens to alternative music listens to mainstream rock radio...

I don't remember the last time I listened to modern rock radio. Face it, radio bands will win this bullshit cause that's where they are most popular.

I'd probably choose Staind over Oasis.;)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412

It wasnt a serious bash at Chicago, dont take it so seriously. I just find this tournament really shocking. To think NIN was winner last year and now Incubus is. Its a travesty.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• It wasnt a serious bash at Chicago, dont take it so seriously. I just find this tournament really shocking. To think NIN was winner last year and now Incubus is. Its a travesty.

I like Incubus but their latest album is mostly shite.

Which is funny, cus I hold exactly that opinion of NIN. ;) (and by 'latest album' I mean 'Year Zero', not 'Ghosts', which is good)
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    It wasnt a serious bash at Chicago, dont take it so seriously. I just find this tournament really shocking. To think NIN was winner last year and now Incubus is. Its a travesty.

Dont worry about it, like polls that say this is the best that is the best etc, it really isnt conclusive as only a small demograph will actually be represented by it.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    No we don't. We have WXRT. Beat that!

Q101 is shit. It's not even alternative rock. It's 90s mainstream "alternative" rock. The station's been slowly dieing for oh say 8 years now.
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    I like Incubus but their latest album is mostly shite.

Which is funny, cus I hold exactly that opinion of NIN. ;) (and by 'latest album' I mean 'Year Zero', not 'Ghosts', which is good)

You wash your dirty little mouth out! Year Zero is awesome.
  • You wash your dirty little mouth out! Year Zero is awesome.

Your mum!

;)

No we don't. We have WXRT. Beat that!

Q101 is shit. It's not even alternative rock. It's 90s mainstream "alternative" rock. The stations been slowly dieng for oh say 8 years now.

WXRT is quite good, they play The Redwalls too :)
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

You wash your dirty little mouth out! Year Zero is awesome.

I loved Year Zero when I first got it but got sick of it within a week, havent even listened to it since.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    I loved Year Zero when I first got it but got sick of it within a week, havent even listened to it since.

give it another spin.....

great album.....
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
    Your mum!

;)

I'd hate to have to kick your arse in front of all these people
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    you think that is bad? Come to Cleveland, this city's alternative is Sum41, Fall Out Boy, Seether, and Godsmack.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,853
    Q101's March madness tournament final 4 is Avenged Sevenfold, Tool, A Perfect Circle, and Incubus

Incubus won, besides there are some other very shocking victories for awful bands over good bands.

Examples.......Foo Fighters over Pearl Jam, Chevelle over Bob Marley, Jimmy Eat World over Rage Against The Machine, Staind over Oasis, Avenged Sevenfold over anybody

http://www.q101.com/madness/bracket.htm

that's nothing. Breaking Benjamin (some shitty alt rock band) is from around where I live and in a march madness tournament last year on my local rock station, they DESTROYED Pearl Jam and LED ZEPPELIN in the voting. it was actually pretty funny.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • i havent listened to mainstream rock radio since i heard one of those battle contests between two shit rock bands. the people who were calling in to vote were so stupid they could barely string more than two words together that made sense. It was then that i realised radio was lost to inbred morons.
  • I'd hate to have to kick your arse in front of all these people

Just try it. Go on I dare ya. I have fists of steel.

Just try it. Go on I dare ya. I have fists of steel.

Don't make me introduce you to my two friends K and O! It won't be pretty punk!