Television

pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
edited June 2008 in Other Music
This is a pretty cool band but they really arent all they are cracked up to be. I just realized lately that The Strokes must be highly influenced by their sound.
Alpine Valley 2000
Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,261
    yeah theyve clearly made their mark on many of todays bands. not a huge fan of them, good, but like you said not life-changing as people say. maybe its how they were in their time/place

Talking Heads on the other hand, i ve just gotten into. amazing!
  • HushBullHushBull Posts: 996
    The way their two guitarists play together, weaving in and out, it's pretty revolutionary as far as rock music goes for the time.
    Pfft, at the Strokes being any bit as cool as Television.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I liked them. I grew up listening to them. They just sounded so weird and different. I still pull out Marquee Moon from time to time.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    HushBull wrote:
    The way their two guitarists play together, weaving in and out, it's pretty revolutionary as far as rock music goes for the time.
    Pfft, at the Strokes being any bit as cool as Television.
    Exactly. The guitar work is incredible. The vocals/lyrics... not so much.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Marquee Moon is great, and Adventure is shit. The Blow Up is a mixture of brilliant and shit, and I didn't follow their comeback.
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    This is a pretty cool band but they really arent all they are cracked up to be. I just realized lately that The Strokes must be highly influenced by their sound.

...and Razorlight... pretty much ripped Marquee Moon!!
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...