Hardest working band in rock

pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
edited December 2007 in Other Music
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

Its looking like they will have played 171 shows by the end of year if I counted right, each gig around 2 and half hours in length. Just before that recorded and released an album. They also just released another EP of the tracks that didnt make Baby 81. A very underappreciated band in my opinion. Cant believe they arent more popular than they are. Best band in the world right now as far as I am concerned. Baby 81 is my favorite album of the year and each time I saw them live, they blew me away.
Alpine Valley 2000
Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Are you on their "street team" or something?
  • I agree, I think they're extremely underrated. Their live show was superb...666 Conducer I remember especially...didn't want that song to end. Very groovy. They have a great classic sound, but it's amped-up and crunchy. Good stuff.
  • Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

Its looking like they will have played 171 shows by the end of year if I counted right, each gig around 2 and half hours in length. Just before that recorded and released an album. They also just released another EP of the tracks that didnt make Baby 81. A very underappreciated band in my opinion. Cant believe they arent more popular than they are. Best band in the world right now as far as I am concerned. Baby 81 is my favorite album of the year and each time I saw them live, they blew me away.

Could you be any more of a fanboy?

Jesus Christ. :eek:
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"

You blowing the lead singer ?
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    with over one million live recordings (ballpark figure), 8 studio albums, double disk B sides album, greatest hits album and 5 brilliant DVDs all produced within the span of 16 years, surely Pearl Jam are wearing this crown your thread refers to.
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • For 2007 I was pretty impressed by Trent Reznor's output.

I'm not spending time googling to get figures, but a whole world tour with 3 dates in small venues instead of one date in a large venue from january to september must number quite a few dates(http://www.last.fm/music/Nine+Inch+Nails/+events). A new marketing model for music(year zero alternate reality game), a new album(year zero), a new remix album(Y34RZ3R0R3M1X3D), a new format for music distribution(garageband release of tracks), a forum for social networking and track remix exchange(remix.nin.com) a new business model for album release(Saul Williams album), production on a rather impressive album(Saul Williams album)........ I may have missed some stuff.
  • You blowing the lead singer ?

:D

Wow we agree on something!!

Sorta, I think KOL, who they opened for a whole fucking bunch this summer and fall, can make the same claim. Also BRMC only played for about an hour the 3 times I saw them as an opener this year.

I think the 2 1/2 hour thing is only when they headlined.
    the Minions
  • For 2007 I was pretty impressed by Trent Reznor's output.

I'm not spending time googling to get figures, but a whole world tour with 3 dates in small venues instead of one date in a large venue from january to september must number quite a few dates(http://www.last.fm/music/Nine+Inch+Nails/+events). A new marketing model for music(year zero alternate reality game), a new album(year zero), a new remix album(Y34RZ3R0R3M1X3D), a new format for music distribution(garageband release of tracks), a forum for social networking and track remix exchange(remix.nin.com) a new business model for album release(Saul Williams album), production on a rather impressive album(Saul Williams album)........ I may have missed some stuff.

and currently working on a new album as well with tour to follow
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,263
    so i take it that this band works alot harder than PJ ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    For 2007 I was pretty impressed by Trent Reznor's output.

I would agree with NIN on the With Teeth tour in 2006......that seemed to last almost a year and I believe they played like 5 shows in my state alone.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson