Incubus - Dig

pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
edited September 2007 in Other Music
I cant stand anything else by them but this song is one of the best things I have been hearing on the radio lately
Alpine Valley 2000
Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i liked it when the album came out, then months later the single came out and killed it for me....i like oil and water from the same album...its not a bad album but lacks, compared to crow left of the murder.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Really? I think it sounds like Christian rock.
  • Really? I think it sounds like Christian rock.

i can see that.

http://www.dctalk.com/
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Oil and Water is fucking amazing... as is Dig, but O&W is way better. The new album is superb too... it takes a little while to grow on you... I listened to it like everyday after it came out... started getting tired of it... then when I was feeling an Incubus album... I would pop that in, to which it was very pleasing every time.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • Edved82Edved82 Posts: 1,279
    excellent song, top album from a great band. they've really matured since their earlier stuff, Morning View and SCIENCE are great but the new stuff is way more up my street. Very Pearl Jam-ish
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    I like Mudvayne's Dig better
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • I love Incubus, but I am not a huge fan of this song. I actually find it rather corny. Make Yourself, Morning View, and a Crow Left of the Murder are where it's at. Light Grenades grew on me a bit, but I still think it is one of their poorer efforts.
    It makes much more sense to live in the present tense.
  • incubus is pretty good, i have science, make yourself and light grenades. science is very overrated, its just heavy teenage music to me... its good but their newer stuff is much better and more crafted.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • boroff89 wrote:
    I love Incubus, but I am not a huge fan of this song. I actually find it rather corny. Make Yourself, Morning View, and a Crow Left of the Murder are where it's at. Light Grenades grew on me a bit, but I still think it is one of their poorer efforts.

you are right on the money. morning view and crow left may have been the peak of their career.....seen em live four times, and the last time was really lacking...all the others were great...light grenades is just poor. but the title track is reminiscent of older more rocking incubus. and bring back the funk and the turntables boys. its doesnt have to be a lot of turntables, it never was, but the hard rock and and funk and sampling and scratching was what drew me in. now i have to listen to love hurts on the new album. what happened?

pistola on murder is the shit.
  • LukinFan wrote:
    I like Mudvayne's Dig better

Hahaha, well, Incubus covered it on their new CD Light Grenades, so check it out... I think Ben Kenney hits the bass harder than KHZ or whatev the bassist's name is in Mudvayne.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Hahaha, well, Incubus covered it on their new CD Light Grenades, so check it out... I think Ben Kenney hits the bass harder than KHZ or whatev the bassist's name is in Mudvayne.
    Haha! I just listened to it and yeah, it's really hard! JK- it's a pretty good song. I've seen Incubus twice and they always put on a great show.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1